Check Your W2s. Health Insurance Costs Included On It.

If you have to pay for it now, when you were getting it for free before, your screwed. I had great insurance. Free insurance. My company paid for it, but shortly after the bill became law, my company got rid of it. There are millions of others just like me.

I'll never have insurance as good as what I had.

Your company's excuse to be cheap and cut benefits and a great way for the government to get the blame instead of them.

Your company's excuse to be cheap and cut benefits and a great way for the government to get the blame instead of them.

Actions have reactions. That's Newton. Simple.

Businesses are to be expected to act in a certain way. Not taking such reactions into account just demonstrates how out of touch with reality lawmakers are. Hell, we saw it in the mortage crisis and countless other times. Businessmen will seek a way to work the system to make money. That's what they do. It's like criticizing a shark for eating fish.

If my employer is paying $15K annually for my health insurance, but can instead decide to throw me onto a government exchange for a mere $2K, should it be any shock that bottom-line businessmen are going to do so?

It should be expected, and maybe was expected. $2K in the government's coffers is better for them than me getting a $15K untaxed benefit.

Businesses are to be expected to act in a certain way. Not taking such reactions into account just demonstrates how out of touch with reality lawmakers are. Hell, we saw it in the mortage crisis and countless other times. Businessmen will seek a way to work the system to make money. That's what they do. It's like criticizing a shark for eating fish.

If my employer is paying $15K annually for my health insurance, but can instead decide to throw me onto a government exchange for a mere $2K, should it be any shock that bottom-line businessmen are going to do so?

It should be expected, and maybe was expected. $2K in the government's coffers is better for them than me getting a $15K untaxed benefit.
100 percent right, as it is happening
Good luck getting turbolibs to understand anything remotely complex on business.

I don't understand your complaint, Taft. Isn't more information better? Isn't it interesting to see what your employer is covering? Helps you see what kind of benefits you're getting aside from salary.

Or were you just looking for something to complain about?

tekkychick proves it....

Ignorance is truly bliss.....

Business would have to be extremely stupid to keep paying for health insurance when Democrats want to hand it out.....aren't all the union members
just happy about Obamacare ?

Wouldn't ignorance be NOT knowing what your employer is contributing?

Fail to see why seeing the amount is a bad thing.

You fail to see what can possibly be wrong with a substantial untaxed employee benefit being on your W2?

Two questions:
1. Do you know what a W2 is?
2. Would you see a problem with giving me your name, date of birth, and Social Security number?

So you think your employer didn't know what its contribution was for your health insurance until it had to report it? Really? That's asinine. I can tell you that, unless your employer is completely and utterly fucked, it knew to the penny.

You fail to see what can possibly be wrong with a substantial untaxed employee benefit being on your W2?

Two questions:
2. Would you see a problem with giving me your name, date of birth, and Social Security number?

???...I'm pretty sure two of those things were already on the W2 before Obamacare......

So you think your employer didn't know what its contribution was for your health insurance until it had to report it? Really? That's asinine. I can tell you that, unless your employer is completely and utterly fucked, it knew to the penny.

Where on Earth did I say, or even imply that?

WTF?

Brain dead liberals... sorry for the redundancy.

There's an usually high population of dopey people on this forum.

Some bright ones... but really, WTF.

I didn't read the entire thread. Apologies if I misconstrued your comment. I guess I'm just kinda curious what the big deal is with reporting the amount of employer contributions for health insurance on W-2s. I mean, they could just tax it without first requiring it to be reported on your W-2 and not be taxed.

Two questions:

Huh? these q's make no sense.

This is adding a number to your already existing W2 form.

I didn't read the entire thread. Apologies if I misconstrued your comment. I guess I'm just kinda curious what the big deal is with reporting the amount of employer contributions for health insurance on W-2s. I mean, they could just tax it without first requiring it to be reported on your W-2 and not be taxed.

Yes, they most certainly could.

Or, they could just be putting the mechanism in place to have it ready to go at some time in the future.

If the IRS really wants to tell me something useful, they could tell me how many vacation days I have left. Or how many sick days I have used and have left. I mean, those are also things between me and my employer, and they're certainly more useful to me to know. Why isn't that on my W2? The IRS did say the information was supposed to be useful to me.

Back