Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

"
Homemaker.
This is the divisive part of Harrison Butker's commencement speech at Benedictine College. This is the hot take.
FIRST, if you are upset, I want you to listen to the speech. The WHoLe THING. Not just PART of it. NOT just a HEADLINE, or a snippet. The whole speech.
Because I heard Harrison Butker say that many women will go on to have great careers, AND many of them are likely excited about being a wife and mother. Both. Both can be true. He said that.
The man then wept on stage talking about how well his wife cares for him and their children. He cherished her contributions to their family.
Because being a mom and wife IS the most important part of my life.
In a society that has seen multiple NFL players arrested for domestic abuse, it's absolutely bonkers to me that we're vilifying the man who stood up and said something like, "honor your spouse's unique qualities as a homemaker."
Harrison Butker is a Catholic man. Speaking at a Catholic university. To Catholic students. Espousing Catholic ideas that women are central to the home.
He didn't say women can't or shouldn't work. He didn't say women are lesser or "belong in the kitchen."
He said women are special and unique.
The homemakers.
And I loved it."

Copied from FB..Nichole Stevenson

“Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.”

Why graduate at all if they're that excited?
Notice how he didn't say that to the young men grads, about maybe having a career but they're most excited about getting married and being fathers. I wonder why?

He is suggesting that Harrison is not masculine for supporting a stay-at-home mother and homemaker

And where did Harrison say all women should stay in the kitchen
He doesn't say those words specifically.

Here's what he said:

“Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.”

Apparently some do, there's 31 pages relating to the despise of a man who gave a commencement speech that insulted no one.
And you're another one, or you wouldn't be here, dumbfucking feline.
You are obsessed with the concept of hate and for whatever reason constantly project it onto others. If anyone criticizes a greedy megachurch pastor, for instance, you accuse them of "hating Christians." If someone criticizes a (R) politician, they hate conservatives. Rinse, repeat. I suspect the only hate here belongs solely to you.

Here's what he said:

How many times have you posted this now? It doesn't mean what you think it implies... It just doesn't...

"
Homemaker.
This is the divisive part of Harrison Butker's commencement speech at Benedictine College. This is the hot take.
FIRST, if you are upset, I want you to listen to the speech. The WHoLe THING. Not just PART of it. NOT just a HEADLINE, or a snippet. The whole speech.
Because I heard Harrison Butker say that many women will go on to have great careers, AND many of them are likely excited about being a wife and mother. Both. Both can be true. He said that.
The man then wept on stage talking about how well his wife cares for him and their children. He cherished her contributions to their family.
In a society that has seen multiple NFL players arrested for domestic abuse, it's absolutely bonkers to me that we're vilifying the man who stood up and said something like, "honor your spouse's unique qualities as a homemaker."
Harrison Butker is a Catholic man. Speaking at a Catholic university. To Catholic students. Espousing Catholic ideas that women are central to the home.
He didn't say women can't or shouldn't work. He didn't say women are lesser or "belong in the kitchen."
The homemakers.
And I loved it."

He didn't say both. :dunno:

He got a standing ovation...and they didn't turn their back on him like they did Joe... Talk about an inappropriate commencement speech...;) Is there a thread yet?

How many times have you posted this now? It doesn't mean what you think it implies... It just doesn't...
How many times have you posted this, Ms Smarm? lol BTW, you need to put a link in when you quote large blocks of text like this. Just saying "Facebook" doesn't fulfill the rule about copyright violation.

"
Homemaker.
The homemakers.
And I loved it."

What's wrong with that?
mgiBqWh.jpg

Here's what he said:

whats wrong with a woman being excited about getting married and having children?

Did he say that's what they should do? or did he guess they would be excited about it?

Last edited:
Reactions: TOP
Back