Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

If a Patriots kicker gave that speech, he'd have to summon a lot of courage to trot out onto the field.
Middle America is definitely a different world.
It was a commencement speech for a very specific group of graduates... He got a standing ovation... I had nothing to do with who he plays for... Joe biden is going to get the Morehouse College commencement speech... Don't you think his writer will have written a speech that will play to the crowd? That's what commencement speeches are meant to be...

If a Patriots kicker gave that speech, he'd have to summon a lot of courage to trot out onto the field.
Middle America is definitely a different world.

And a kicker is San Fran could state I suck cocks and wear dresses, I shit in the streets and I belong to NAMBLA..he would be cheered.....
In Mid America the sick freak would be run out

Last edited:
Awesome! I was wondering if you were able to travel there this year. Glad to hear it's still a beautiful city even with the changes. Hope you get there next year, too.
Mil gracias, Senorita...Senora.

The changes are for the better. Much cleaner and the people are much more prosperous. The signs from El Caudillo (Franco) all around Spain saying ''Veinticinco anos de paz y properidad" are long gone. There were 25 years of peace but not much prosperity.

I paid 1800 pesetas monthly (30 dollars) for a two bedroom furnished apartment, utilities included. I paid my maid 180 pesetas a week plus one egg. She insisted on the egg.

You should take a trip to Espana, it's an enchanted country, especially Andalusia.

It was a commencement speech for a very specific group of graduates... He got a standing ovation... I had nothing to do with who he plays for... Joe biden is going to get the Morehouse College commencement speech... Don't you think his writer will have written a speech that will play to the crowd? That's what commencement speeches are meant to be...
I totally agree, TOP...100%.

His audience wasn't a Boston College, Boston University, Harvard University, UMass Boston, Tufts University, MIT, Emerson College, or Northeastern University audience.

If one of those schools had a kicker as its commence speaker,
it would be a Patriots kicker
who would never in a million years consider giving THAT speech
to THAT audience.

Reactions: TOP
I totally agree, TOP...100%.

His audience wasn't a Boston College, Boston University, Harvard University, UMass Boston, Tufts University, MIT, Emerson College, or Northeastern University audience.

If one of those schools had a kicker as its commence speaker,
it would be a Patriots kicker
who would never in a million years consider giving THAT speech
to THAT audience.
I see we agree...

There's nothing dishonest about being passionate in regard to your faith... And there is nothing more important than family ...
I wonder how many people know that Butker's mom has been a medical physicist at Emory University since 1988... seven years before he was born. Yet she managed to raise two children while working full-time. I'm waiting for her response to her son's comments.

I wonder how many people know that Butker's mom has been a medical physicist at Emory University since 1988... seven years before he was born. Yet she managed to raise two children while working full-time. I'm waiting for her response to her son's comments.
I do... I imagine she loves her son very much and is incredibly proud of him... Do you think her response will be negative?

You weren't listening to him... I'm not surprised...

I think he's being a complete hypocrite to think that other women shouldn't have a successful career like his mother's.
Oh please. You would do and say anything to support this guy's comments because that's how you think. It doesn't mean the rest of us have to accept your view of the speech. In fact there's been a pretty big outcry against him because others besides me don't agree with his comments.

This phony Catholic used the speech to bash Biden and everyone else he disagrees with. That's a fact.

Oh please. You would do and say anything to support this guy's comments because that's how you think. It doesn't mean the rest of us have to accept your view of the speech. In fact there's been a pretty big outcry against him because others besides me don't agree with his comments.
I didn't say you had to accept it... I said you didn't listen to his message...
But he wasn't talking to you or the others who are outraged anyway... He was giving a commencement speech to graduates who gave him a standing ovation... Families...and children first ...is a great message... I hope everybody l else heard what he said...

I didn't say you had to accept it... I said you didn't listen to his message...
But he wasn't talking to you or the others who are outraged anyway... He was giving a commencement speech to graduates who gave him a standing ovation... Families...and children first ...is a great message... I hope everybody l else heard what he said...
How many times do I have to say that I read the transcript? Do you know what a transcript is?

He bashed Biden, bishops, priests, reporters; he claimed the young women grads were fed "diabolical lies;" he tacitly claimed men were above women (" As men, we set the tone of the culture, and when that is absent, disorder, dysfunction, and chaos set in.") He made his speech political to push his conservative agenda. His hate is evident for anyone who doesn't conform to his personal "standard."

This is not what the Catholic church is supposed to represent and thankfully, he's not in the majority. He needs to talk with his spiritual advisor about hubris.

How many times do I have to say that I read the transcript? Do you know what a transcript is?

And DAMMIT - you will SILENCE such ideas. That party will not ALLOW any views that are not from the party itself.

He bashed Biden, bishops, priests, reporters; he claimed the young women grads were fed "diabolical lies;"
And?

he tacitly claimed men were above women (" As men, we set the tone of the culture, and when that is absent, disorder, dysfunction, and chaos set in.")

You're lying.

He made his speech political to push his conservative agenda. His hate is evident for anyone who doesn't conform to his personal "standard."

Most commencement speeches are extremely political. But since most are pro-Marxist you don't mind.

What OUTRAGES you is the idea that someone is allowed to speak against the goals of the Marxist movement. You seek to punish ideas that are contrary to the party.

This is not what the Catholic church is supposed to represent and thankfully,

You don't get to define what the Catholic Church represents. I'm sure you're a good Atheist pushing your agenda on those you hate.

he's not in the majority. He needs to talk with his spiritual advisor about hubris.

Your hatred of freedom of speech is noted. One thing you Stalinists will NOT tolerate is ideas contrary to your own.

He bashed Biden, bishops, priests, reporters; he claimed the young women grads were fed "diabolical lies;" he tacitly claimed men were above women (" As men, we set the tone of the culture, and when that is absent, disorder, dysfunction, and chaos set in.") He made his speech political to push his conservative agenda. His hate is evident for anyone who doesn't conform to his personal "standard."

This is not what the Catholic church is supposed to represent and thankfully, he's not in the majority. He needs to talk with his spiritual advisor about hubris.
You're just quoting the transcript...you're not really listening...and you certainlyare in no position to be judging him.... He was speaking to the graduates... and they gave him a standing ovation. He spoke about what Catholicism means to him. It's refreshing to see someone so passionate about their faith...He's very aware that his beliefs may be questioned by others, and he's comfortable with that...He certainly doesn't need to tlk with a "spiritual advisor"...
I don't see hate from him nearly as much as I see the seething hate from others here, btw... especially the ones who have abandoned religion and mock it...
Those are the ones who need spiritual counseling...

You're just quoting the transcript...you're not really listening...and you certainlyare in no position to be judging him.... He was speaking to the graduates... and they gave him a standing ovation. He spoke about what Catholicism means to him. It's refreshing to see someone so passionate about their faith...He's very aware that his beliefs may be questioned by others, and he's comfortable with that...He certainly doesn't need to tlk with a "spiritual advisor"...
I don't see hate from him nearly as much as I see the seething hate from others here, btw... especially the ones who have abandoned religion and mock it...
Those are the ones who need spiritual counseling...
A transcript is a written copy of his speech. Why did you link it if you think it doesn't matter? It's beyond me why you keep beating this dead horse.

You're not a Catholic, and are unequipped to speak with authority on Catholic teaching, except in the most general terms. You seem to think I should be swayed by the fact that conservative Catholics attending a conservative Catholic university gave a standing ovation to a conservative Catholic speaker. Many people are passionate about their faith but that doesn't make them better than the rest of us. Rev. Jim Jones, Rev. Moon,d David Koresh and the head of Scientology are or were passionate cult leaders, for example. You don't see hate from Butker because you agree with him, therefore, he's not hating, just preaching. IOW you're oblivious.

When Butker took to the bully pulpit to trash such a large number of people, he was showing hubris. ICYMI there is a verse in the NT from Matthew 7:1-3.

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Again, Butker is out of the mainstream of Catholic teaching. Educate yourself and get your eyes opened.

Back