Chinese property hunters to raid US

yes... and I also recall how pissed they were when they had to sell it back to us at big discounts.

by the way, just so we are all clear... which conservatives are pissed about this?

Any conservative who actually cares about freedom and is not just a fascist wrapped in a flag.

Any conservative who actually cares about freedom and is not just a fascist wrapped in a flag.

So somehow allowing foreigners to buy property in the US is equitable to not caring about freedom?

Freedom to me means that anyone who has the ability to buy property should be able to buy property. Regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual preference or country of origin. If they want to put their money into our economy, let them.

yes... and I also recall how pissed they were when they had to sell it back to us at big discounts.

by the way, just so we are all clear... which conservatives are pissed about this?

That's what I was wondering. I mean if you are trying to sell your house and an agent brings you an offer would you turn it down because the prospective buyer has a Chinese name?

So somehow allowing foreigners to buy property in the US is equitable to not caring about freedom?

We're talking about chinese corporations, which are fascist, government controlled entitities.

Freedom to me means that anyone who has the ability to buy property should be able to buy property. Regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual preference or country of origin. If they want to put their money into our economy, let them.

Freedom to me means not having my nation sold off to overseas totalitarians.

That's what I was wondering. I mean if you are trying to sell your house and an agent brings you an offer would you turn it down because the prospective buyer has a Chinese name?

No, I would take the best offer I got. Regardless of who the buyer was.

We're talking about chinese corporations, which are fascist, government controlled entitities.

Freedom to me means not having my nation sold off to overseas totalitarians.

tell us Ass... how is their owning property going to effect us? Are they suddenly going to gain citizenship and take control of our government?

Freedom means you can sell your property to whomever you choose. As can everyone else.

Asshat, if you want to stop the chinese from buying property, make the proprty owners a better offer.

This idea that someone should refuse to sell their property because if who is buying it, or that they should be stopped from selling is not what I would call freedom.

I thought the Chinese property investment company quoted in the original article was actually owned by some Australian chaps?

If it's incorporated in china, it's too controlled by the chi-comms to be given the right to purchase companies and operations in the U.S. regardless of the ethnicity of the owners.

If it's incorporated in china, it's too controlled by the chi-comms to be given the right to purchase companies and operations in the U.S. regardless of the ethnicity of the owners.

LMAO... who cares, we buy properties all around the world in this same manner. It would be highly hypocritical of us to say 'we can do it, but you can't'.... lead by example. Are we supposed to support freedom only when it is for people we like?

What possible harm could come from allowing them to participate in our equity and real estate markets? Is their government going to overthrow us because they bought the Beverly Hills Hilton?

LMAO... who cares, we buy properties all around the world in this same manner. It would be highly hypocritical of us to say 'we can do it, but you can't'.... lead by example. Are we supposed to support freedom only when it is for people we like?

Yes. We should restrict advantageous trade deals to those with a similar concept of human rights, to avoid profitizing dehumanization.
What possible harm could come from allowing them to participate in our equity and real estate markets? Is their government going to overthrow us because they bought the Beverly Hills Hilton?

Probably not overnight.

Yes. We should restrict advantageous trade deals to those with a similar concept of human rights, to avoid profitizing dehumanization.

Probably not overnight.

I disagree, I think if we want to highlight freedom and our beliefs, we have to lead by example. The more China opens up its markets and is exposed to capitalism, free markets and freedom, the more the idea has taken root. Just look how far they have come in the past decade.

I agree they have many human rights issues that need to be addressed, but we are not going to be able to do so if we shut our markets to them and they return the favor.

I disagree, I think if we want to highlight freedom and our beliefs, we have to lead by example. The more China opens up its markets and is exposed to capitalism, free markets and freedom, the more the idea has taken root. Just look how far they have come in the past decade.

A good example would be to reject the use of human slavery and products from totalitarian regimes.

I agree they have many human rights issues that need to be addressed, but we are not going to be able to do so if we shut our markets to them and they return the favor.

But incentivizing and even being a party to fascist practices will only strengthen and reward the systems we claim to be against.

Back