"Christianity" in America

Some Christian sects treat their followers very harshly. JWs and the Amish practice shunning. James Dobson wrote a book "Dare to Discipline" about physical punishment. Evangelical authors Michel and Debi Pearl promoted abusing (not their words) children as discipline. Some of these disciplinary measures led to children's deaths. I've heard a lot of people quote the Qur'anic verse about striking a wife yet they're silent about these Christians' beliefs in striking little children.

You'd have to show me hard proof that every Muslim killing is done in the name of Allah because I don't believe it.

Wacko is just one of millions of Christians who doesn't like facing the truth that people from both religions do evil things in the name of their God.

To him its important that he holds the moral high ground.

Wacko is just one of millions of Christians who doesn't like facing the truth that people from both religions do evil things in the name of their God.

To him its important that he holds the moral high ground.

That's some serious projection. Well done Zap. So much easier to make things up and lie than have actual discussions to find out what people really believe

I think this generation is learning a lot about what religion really is. The hypocrisy and the do as I say, not as I do is being seen. Religions are killing themselves. there are about 3000 religions. They all say they are providing answers. They are all looting followers with promises unkept and knowledge they do not have. Growing a religion is easy. People are afraid of death and want to be eased. They accept training that is inculcated on them at a young age and nonstop after. There is no balanced training field.

What the religious actually do is far different than they pretend. The next generation will learn .

I get a kick out of the way lib'ruls say "corporal punishment" as if it were a synonym for capital punishment.......

Dobson's a nut case. I wanted to beat him within an inch of his life after reading how he abused his little dog. What a psycho, belt your animals and your kids into submission.

"It was James Dobson’s The Strong-Willed Child, in which the author describes whipping his pet dachshund into submission. A few paragraphs later, the conservative Christian psychologist recommends that you use corporal punishment on your son or daughter. Do it, he says, for the sake of the child’s eternal salvation.

The dog-man confrontation took place years ago as bedtime approached one evening in the Dobson household. Dobson wanted his dog — a dachshund named Sigmund Freud — to get into his overnight enclosure in the family room. Siggie didn’t want to go; he growled and bared his teeth at his master. Dobson went for his belt.

“I had seen this defiant mood before,” Dobson, a licensed psychologist, wrote in The Strong-Willed Child, “and knew there was only one way to deal with it. The only way to make Siggie obey is to threaten him with destruction. Nothing else works. I turned and went to my closet and got a small belt to help me ‘reason’ with Mr. Freud.”

When Dobson gave Mr. Freud a firm swat across the rear end, the dog tried to bite the belt. “I hit him again and he tried to bite me . . . That tiny dog and I had the most
vicious fight ever staged between man and beast. I fought him up one wall and down the other, with both of us scratching and clawing and growling and swinging the belt.”

Finally Siggie backed himself into a corner and snarled at the belt-wielding child psychologist. It was to be the little dog’s last stand. “I eventually got him to bed,” Dobson writes, “but only because I outweighed him 200 to 12!”

The next night when Dobson ordered the family pet into his nighttime enclosure, Mr. Freud went “in perfect submission.” Two-hundred-pound man with belt wins. Twelve-pound dog loses.

And that is as it should be, according to Dobson’s lights. For just as a dog will challenge authority, so too will a small child — “only more so.” Whenever a child resists authority, some physical pain — a swat or lash with a switch or a belt — is in order."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/barbara-falconer-newhall/james-dobson-beat-your-do_b_5953878.html

Sure there is a Christian God. No doubt an omnipotent omniscient sky daddy would solve the problem of
his loneliness by creating an infinitely expanding universe from a explosion of matter 14 billion years ago
to slowly and painstakingly evolve sentient biological life on a microscopic spec amongst trillions of galaxies
solar systems and planets, only to never fucking talk to them. Yeah, Christians are fucking genius.

Here’s what Dobson actually wrote- minus the dramatic revision. Dobson NEVER said he beat his dog, or even hit him. Only that he retrieved a belt. Something the dog could bite instead of him.

"Please don't misunderstand me. Siggie is a member of our family and we love him dearly. And despite his anarchistic nature, I have finally taught him to obey a few simple commands. However, we had some classic battles before he reluctantly yielded to my authority.

"The greatest confrontation occurred a few years ago when I had been in Miami for a three-day conference. I returned to observe that Siggie had become boss of the house while I was gone. But I didn't realize until later that evening just how strongly he felt about his new position as Captain.

"At eleven o'clock that night, I told Siggie to go get into his bed, which is a permanent enclosure in the family room. For six years I had given him that order at the end of each day, and for six years Siggie had obeyed.

"On this occasion, however, he refused to budge. You see, he was in the bathroom, seated comfortably on the furry lid of the toilet seat. That is his favorite spot in the house, because it allows him to bask in the warmth of a nearby electric heater..."

"When I told Sigmund to leave his warm seat and go to bed, he flattened his ears and slowly turned his head toward me. He deliberately braced himself by placing one paw on the edge of the furry lid, then hunched his shoulders, raised his lips to reveal the molars on both sides, and uttered his most threatening growl. That was Siggie's way of saying. "Get lost!"

"I had seen this defiant mood before, and knew there was only one way to deal with it. The ONLY way to make Siggie obey is to threaten him with destruction. Nothing else works. I turned and went to my closet and got a small belt to help me "reason" with Mr. Freud."

What developed next is impossible to describe. That tiny dog and I had the most vicious fight ever staged between man and beast. I fought him up one wall and down the other, with both of us scratching and clawing and growling and swinging the belt. I am embarrassed by the memory of the entire scene. Inch by inch I moved him toward the family room and his bed. As a final desperate maneuver, Siggie backed into the corner for one last snarling stand. I eventually got him to bed, only because I outweighed him 200 to 12!" -- The Strong Willed Child

Back