"Christianity" in America

What is the attraction?

Well, people seem to get really exercised interpreting Revelation as modern days states.. like Gog and Magog being Russia or the Pope being the anti-Christ... When I was young they said JFK was the anti-Christ...

I think its laziness.. and a lack of interest in serious study of scripture... and in part it supports all the Jews returning to Palestine before Jesus can return.

Its a combination of fundamentalism, evangelical and charismatic.. and it has been promoted for over 50 years by the Dallas Theological Seminary and all the Billy Graham clones they turned out.

Dominionism, Dispensationalism are based in that same Scofield heresy. Its popular.

The concept seems to belong to the non-mainstream Protestant churches. I saw that Kudzu expanded on his discussion about it, above.

And you automatically without having time to consider it, jumped on the bandwagon. How gullible can one be?

Well, people seem to get really exercised interpreting Revelation as modern days states.. like Gog and Magog being Russia or the Pope being the anti-Christ... When I was young they said JFK was the anti-Christ...

I think its laziness.. and a lack of interest in serious study of scripture... and in part it supports all the Jews returning to Palestine before Jesus can return.

Its a combination of fundamentalism, evangelical and charismatic.. and it has been promoted for over 50 years by the Dallas Theological Seminary and all the Billy Graham clones they turned out.

Dominionism, Dispensationalism are based in that same Scofield heresy. Its popular.

When it all comes to fruition and you're standing there with your thumb in your pussy, just how much are you going to whine about being left out?

When it all comes to fruition and you're standing there with your thumb in your pussy, just how much are you going to whine about being left out?

I haven't been left out of anything. I just don't buy into the Scofield heresy.

Thanks. Interesting. The Dominionists are particularly scary, at least for those of us who prefer living in a free secular nation operating under secular law.

We must be fairly similar ages; I recall that about JFK as well. In addition, he was supposed to be beholden to the Vatican and was going to turn the U.S. into a Vatican vassal.

Thanks. Interesting. The Dominionists are particularly scary, at least for those of us who prefer living in a free secular nation operating under secular law.

We must be fairly similar ages; I recall that about JFK as well. In addition, he was supposed to be beholden to the Vatican and was going to turn the U.S. into a Vatican vassal.

LOL.. Over the years many have been named the anti-Christ.. I remember the crap about the Vatican.

We probably are close in age...........

That's what I thought, but the preacher at that church referred to some passages where the believers are sucked up into the clouds or something. Here's some quotes about it:

http://www.christianbiblereference.org/faq_rapture.htm

Rapture7-10.jpg

OK, I think we all understand that some like to call it heresy.

I'm of the Evangelical opinion (pleeeeease notice I did not say Fundamentalist here, LOL) that the discussion of Dispensationalism has existed PEACEFULLY for many years without bloodshed, condemnation or wars.

Many well-studied theological and lay people have discussed the topic without tempers flaring or calling those with differing views a heretic or that they're damned to hell for coming to their particular views on that subject. It has NOTHING to with salvation. I've heard numerous very good PEACEFUL yet full-throttled debates among mainly expositional teachers of the Word and ALL remain brothers and sisters in Christ with a great love and respect for each other. They all walk away from such debates still being completely loving friends with their counterparts. It's simply a theological debate with NOTHING to do with one's salvation. I'm sorry I had to repeat that, but I just don't want people to think there is division on the actual cornerstone of our faith.

The Bible says, "Come, let us reason together".

Again, a Christian (after fully studying the subject) can come to their conclusions on pre-trib, mid-trib and post-trib without be judged. :cool:

OK, I think we all understand that some like to call it heresy.

I'm of the Evangelical opinion (pleeeeease notice I did not say Fundamentalist here, LOL) that the discussion of Dispensationalism has existed PEACEFULLY for many years without bloodshed, condemnation or wars.

Many well-studied theological and lay people have discussed the topic without tempers flaring or calling those with differing views a heretic or that they're damned to hell for coming to their particular views on that subject. It has NOTHING to with salvation. I've heard numerous very good PEACEFUL yet full-throttled debates among mainly expositional teachers of the Word and ALL remain brothers and sisters in Christ with a great love and respect for each other. They all walk away from such debates still being completely loving friends with their counterparts. It's simply a theological debate with NOTHING to do with one's salvation. I'm sorry I had to repeat that, but I just don't want people to think there is division on the actual cornerstone of our faith.

The Bible says, "Come, let us reason together".

Again, a Christian (after fully studying the subject) can come to their conclusions on pre-trib, mid-trib and post-trib without be judged. :cool:

The problem is that John Nelson Darby is regarded as the father of dispensationalism and its prodigy, Christian Zionism..

The problem is that John Nelson Darby is regarded as the father of dispensationalism and its prodigy, Christian Zionism..

John Nelson Darby.....Yes I understand his views and might not agree with everything. Of course I do see the relevance and role of Israel in the end times, though with no hesitation.

I've been more influenced by Charles Spurgeon than Darby. And, I guess you could call me a "leaky" dispensationalist, LOL.

All these theologians can have differing views on these single topics, but again the bottom line is that we are all in agreement on Christ as the cornerstone of our salvation.

Sorry to be so brief and concise, but this is very involved stuff and way too much to get into here without making peoples' heads spin.;)

Back