Christians... everyone else.

Grugore

Verified User
Christians: The terrorists are the true Muslims. They are the ones who are correctly interpreting and following the Quran.
Everyone else: You can't say that. You're not Muslim. You're an outsider. You don't know what you're talking about... blah blah blah...

Christians: Catholics and Christians are very different. They have radically differing belief systems.
Everyone else: Even though we're not Catholic or Christian, we're experts on both religions. We know more than you. Both are Christian. You don't even know your own religion... blah blah blah...

If you cannot see the blatent hypocrisy here, then I question your intelligence.

Christians: The terrorists are the true Muslims. They are the ones who are correctly interpreting and following the Quran.
Everyone else: You can't say that. You're not Muslim. You're an outsider. You don't know what you're talking about... blah blah blah...

Christians: Catholics and Christians are very different. They have radically differing belief systems.
Everyone else: Even though we're not Catholic or Christian, we're experts on both religions. We know more than you. Both are Christian. You don't even know your own religion... blah blah blah...

If you cannot see the blatent hypocrisy here, then I question your intelligence.

I've never heard anyone use the "you're not Muslim so you can't say" argument.

Catholics and Christians are very different.

Roman Catholics are Christians.
The argument could be made that they are the oldest and most original Christians. A tradition that precedes Protestants and Evangelicals by over one thousand years.

Is anyone but me surprised at how often those who wear Christianity on their sleeves are most often the ones that do not really understand Christianity or Christian history?

Roman Catholics are Christians.
The argument could be made that they are the oldest and most original Christians. A tradition that precedes Protestants and Evangelicals by over one thousand years.

Is anyone but me surprised at how often those who wear Christianity on their sleeves are most often the ones that do not really understand Christianity or Christian history?

The Catholic Church once made it a crime to posses an English translation of the Bible. And you think they are Christians? Lolol. Catholics also claim that the Pope, a man, is our intermediary with God. Wrong again. Catholics had a scam where you had to talk a priest and pay money to have your sins forgiven. Catholics are Not Christians.

The Catholic Church once made it a crime to posses an English translation of the Bible. And you think they are Christians? Lolol. Catholics also claim that the Pope, a man, is our intermediary with God. Wrong again. Catholics had a scam where you had to talk a priest and pay money to have your sins forgiven. Catholics are Not Christians.

So basically you're saying that your religion has corrupt origins. I agree.

The Baptists and fundamentalists once supported the enslavement of millions of black people in America.

They supported separation of the races.

They considered interacial marriage an abomination.

So basically you're saying that your religion has corrupt origins. I agree.

I did not say that. Catholicism began centuries after the birth of Christ. It was started by a Pagan emporer. It has always been a Pagan religion. The Protestant religion is not new. It is based on the orginal Church. Peter was not the first Pope. He never even went to Rome. If you look at the Catholic traditions, it is clear that they are not based on Scripture. The Catholic Church even states that these traditions are superior to Scripture.

The Baptists and fundamentalists once supported the enslavement of millions of black people in America.

They supported separation of the races.

They considered interacial marriage an abomination.

Sources? Even if that was true, there is no supporting Scripture for it. Try again.

Also, Christians were the ones responsible for abolishig slavery.

I did not say that. Catholicism began centuries after the birth of Christ. It was started by a Pagan emporer. It has always been a Pagan religion. The Protestant religion is not new. It is based on the orginal Church. Peter was not the first Pope. He never even went to Rome. If you look at the Catholic traditions, it is clear that they are not based on Scripture. The Catholic Church even states that these traditions are superior to Scripture.

The Protestant religion grew out of Catholicism. That was the original church.
Of course Catholicism isn't based on scripture, no version of Christianity is. But the Catholic church was the church that compiled the scripture and made the Bible. If you believe in the Bible, you trust that the Catholic church did a good job. Even if you don't trust the Catholic church today, you're believing in mythology created by Catholicism.

The Protestant religion grew out of Catholicism. That was the original church.
Of course Catholicism isn't based on scripture, no version of Christianity is. But the Catholic church was the church that compiled the scripture and made the Bible. If you believe in the Bible, you trust that the Catholic church did a good job. Even if you don't trust the Catholic church today, you're believing in mythology created by Catholicism.

The biblical cannon was finalized before the Catholic Church was created. They simply recognized what had been decided hundreds of years ago.

Is Christianity only a 500-year-old religion, even though Christ died nearly 2000 years ago?

Back