Christians Oppressed in The US

Well, hey, the Enlightenment has been roundly condemned since the middle of the last century, H20. Don't pin that on me. For some reason fewer people appreciate Enlightenment rationalism anymore. Personally, I like it, along with Natural Rights philosophy...

Damn you 3D! Get angry at me! I'm trolling!

I've hear of exactly ONE non-christian politician...that guy who was recently sworn in on a Koran. Can anyone else think of any others?

Can a religious group that utterly dominates government honestly claim to be "oppressed"? C'mon people. It's the most ridiculous claim EVER.

Yea it can. It fits into the persecution complex most evengelicals have.

Well, I think the problem comes from the public backlash against the crazy, fundamentalist Christians--- the regular, normal Christians sometimes feel a little angry about being lumped in the same group as the fundies.

Ahmen! I have an evengelical friend who kept refering to himself as "A Christian" in an exclusive sense. I finally asked him if I was chopped liver becuase I wasn't an evengelical? He didn't exactly say no, but he didn't say yes. So I was bold enough to ask him if he thought Catholics were christians and he emphatically said "No!" I laughed at him.

Are lapsed Catholics finally free nowadays or are we still in thrall? Not that I give a shit, just askin', wondering how the doctrine goes these days.

Ahmen! I have an evengelical friend who kept refering to himself as "A Christian" in an exclusive sense. I finally asked him if I was chopped liver becuase I wasn't an evengelical? He didn't exactly say no, but he didn't say yes. So I was bold enough to ask him if he thought Catholics were christians and he emphatically said "No!" I laughed at him.

People that think Catholics aren't Christians should be shot (although I think that is a misconception that is limited to America).

Christians dominate in my area. They are about 70% of our population in West Michigan. I know some companies that won't hire (or get rid of you quickly) you if you don't do a morning bible study with the rest of them at the shop before you work. I am not theologist (because we can't teach many religions in public school either---which I would have liked to learn--but the Christians wanted to dominate again, and blew it.), but I thought being a Christian was basically believeing that Jesus Christ died for our sins. I think that encompases Catholics---who may be --the orgional Christians. Not sure.

One thing that buggs me--is when I pay to go to a sporting event, and am a captive audiance to see the sporting event. And I hear a Christian prayer over the loud speaker before the National Anthem. How come we don't also hear a Buddist, Muslem, Jewish, Morman, ect ect ect before the national Anthem at sporting events today--with a captive audience that paid money to see a different event?---Because the rest of them are not that pushy. I have nothing against the belief---but man--those christians are pushy IMO.

Last edited:
Christians dominate in my area. They are about 70% of our population in West Michigan. I know some companies that won't hire (or get rid of you quickly) you if you don't do a morning bible study with the rest of them at the shop before you work. I am not theologist (because we can't teach many religions in public school either---which I would have liked to learn--but the Christians wanted to dominate again, and blew it.), but I thought being a Christian was basically believeing that Jesus Christ died for our sins. I think that encompases Catholics---who may be --the orgional Christians. Not sure.

One thing that buggs me--is when I pay to go to a sporting event, and am a captive audiance to see the sporting event. And I hear a Christian prayer over the loud speaker before the National Anthem. How come we don't also hear a Buddist, Muslem, Jewish, Morman, ect ect ect before the national Anthem at sporting events today--with a captive audience that paid money to see a different event?---Because the rest of them are not that pushy. I have nothing against the belief---but man--those christians are pushy IMO.

If you think that's bad, you should live in West Texas! :p

The game wouldn't start for an hour. Maybe they could have a roster or put it on shuttle or something.

Back