Christofacists at it again

hooters can hire only females for the waitress's job...what do you say about that....?

Are they tax exempt?

Care, why is this so difficult for you! Come on.

Hooters isn't tax exempt. I choose not to eat there because I find the whole premise disgusting, but they're paying taxes. Unless they're cheating, in which case, they can be prosecuted.

The constitution does indicate that the govt will/should not support any religion. why then give the tax exempt status ? Free public utilities,etc ?

that is supporting.

BECAUSE they SAVE the usa tax payer BILLIONS in tax dollars over time, in taking care of the needy.

Because they provide a good service to the community.

Because it is against our constitution to do as you ask....you have no right to do such...

and for you to cut off the cathoilic charities is to cut off the biggest charity for the needy that we have in this country, just because you don't agree with THEIR CHURCH DOCTRINE regarding female priests...again, you are breaking our constitution.

what exactly do you want them to pay taxes on...OUR FRICKING DONATIONS TO HELP THE POOR.... you are taking MONEY AWAY from the poor and I could never, ever agree to such a selfish thing....never!

Now, if you want to say that these religious institutions should not be given money from our government to help people....I agree with you! I am dead set against the Faith based initiatives that the repugs have out there....

but for you to want to control private membership groups made up of volunteers and Donaters to the cause, and their religious beliefs/doctrines "just because you don't like their doctrine" is against our constitution....

NO, they do not!

They overwhelmingly vote for repukes who work and fight to cut out the social safety net, and since they have been in power more people have fallen into poverty every single year, with no peep out of these churches! This is what they voted for. They save us nothing, they cost us much.

Are they tax exempt?

Hooters isn't tax exempt. I choose not to eat there because I find the whole premise disgusting, but they're paying taxes. Unless they're cheating, in which case, they can be prosecuted.

I don't eat there because the lighting is awful. Florescent lights don't go well with cocktail hour imho.

Are they tax exempt?

it is a private entity, making a profit, and that is why they pay taxes.

Churches are a private entity, that make no money and survive on Donations from people.

SINCE WHEN DOES PAYING TAXES the only reason a person can discriminate?

I mean, you are saying it is ok for Hooters to discriminate because they are paying taxes....and not ok for a private Church to discriminate?

Was that writen in to our constitution somewhere...that you only get "rights" if you are a tax payer...? I just don't get your thinking on this...what exactly does taxes have to do with discriminational practices? ;)

I just reasigned from chairman of the trustees at the local church. I know for a fact that only about 10% of their tax exempt money goes to charities. The bulk of it goes to promote their religion.
Anyone else on here have this level of qualification on this issue ?

The constitution does indicate that the govt will/should not support any religion. why then give the tax exempt status ? Free public utilities,etc ?

that is supporting.

good point. The IRC doesn't mention churches at all, they talk of non-profits of which a church may or may not qualify for. By Care's definitions the fact they can get TE status is unconstitutional too.

it is a private entity, making a profit, and that is why they pay taxes.

Churches are a private entity, that make no money and survive on Donations from people.

SINCE WHEN DOES PAYING TAXES the only reason a person can discriminate?

I mean, you are saying it is ok for Hooters to discriminate because they are paying taxes....and not ok for a private Church to discriminate?

Was that writen in to our constitution somewhere...that you only get "rights" if you are a tax payer...? I just don't get your thinking on this...what exactly does taxes have to do with discriminational practices? ;)

Care, I don't say it's ok for Hooters to discriminate, though I do argue the idea that they discriminate against men, rather I believe they do a harm to women. Be that as it may, it's not ok. That's why I choose not to go there. however, I am not supporting them with my tax dollars, they are picking up their own freight and it's all being paid for by aging, horny, men. It's apples and oranges. This is about whether or not institutionalized sexism, or racism, should be picked up by the tax payers. It's really simply, but you keep fogging it up with non-sequiturs.

I just reasigned from chairman of the trustees at the local church. I know for a fact that only about 10% of their tax exempt money goes to charities. The bulk of it goes to promote their religion.
Anyone else on here have this level of qualification on this issue ?

I don't. And this comes as no surprise to me, I had assumed as much. The churches are as corrupt as any big-business, because they are big business. That's my opinion. Shoot me.

Seriously I think everyone should give my idea of abolishing tax exempt status a consideration.

The family is the most fundamental chritable organization. Do they get tax exempt status?

Abolish TES and institute progressive consumption tax. Done deal.

Seriously I think everyone should give my idea of abolishing tax exempt status a consideration.

The family is the most fundamental chritable organization. Do they get tax exempt status?

Abolish TES and institute progressive consumption tax. Done deal.

yeah, but then the sky will fall and people will be dead in the streets because the catholic church won't be able to do pay the pope.....errrrrr, I mean have charities.

Care, I don't say it's ok for Hooters to discriminate, though I do argue the idea that they discriminate against men, rather I believe they do a harm to women. Be that as it may, it's not ok. That's why I choose not to go there. however, I am not supporting them with my tax dollars, they are picking up their own freight and it's all being paid for by aging, horny, men. It's apples and oranges. This is about whether or not institutionalized sexism, or racism, should be picked up by the tax payers. It's really simply, but you keep fogging it up with non-sequiturs.

Where does the First Amendment fit in to this with you then?

and again, this is not money the Churches MADE, it is money the churches get as money via donations from the every day tax payer.

by structuring and making laws, that would prevent Churches from getting a tax exempt status for helping the poor through donated money... because their Church Doctrine does not allow female priests, is the government...manipulating laws, to specifically get Churches to change their doctrine.

And that my friend...is against the constitution of the United States of America.

In addition to this, by taking this money that was donated by individuals specifically to help the poor, would be taking from these people that wanted to help the poor....not the fing usa govt spend their money on more WARS....

and as with any private nonprofit organization, if a person does not agree with the Church's Doctrine, then they do not have to donate to that specific charity, they can find a charity that suits them better...

just as you do not eat at hooters...same thing with nonprofits...

final answer....we will all have to just disagree

Where does the First Amendment fit in to this with you then?

and again, this is not money the Churches MADE, it is money the churches get as money via donations from the every day tax payer.

by structuring and making laws, that would prevent Churches from getting a tax exempt status for helping the poor through donated money... because their Church Doctrine does not allow female priests, is the government...manipulating laws, to specifically get Churches to change their doctrine.

And that my friend...is against the constitution of the United States of America.

In addition to this, by taking this money that was donated by individuals specifically to help the poor, would be taking from these people that wanted to help the poor....not the fing usa govt spend their money on more WARS....

and as with any private nonprofit organization, if a person does not agree with the Church's Doctrine, then they do not have to donate to that specific charity, they can find a charity that suits them better...

just as you do not eat at hooters...same thing with nonprofits...

final answer....we will all have to just disagree

actually as you pointed out early on in this thread yesterday, the IRC code refers to NON PROFITS. Not churches. There would be no law made the would prohibit churches per se. It would prohibit "Non-Profits" from engaging institutionalized bigotry and getting a TE.

yeah, but then the sky will fall and people will be dead in the streets because the catholic church won't be able to do pay the pope.....errrrrr, I mean have charities.

ahhhhh, soooooooo...this is all about the Catholics and the Pope? Tsk, Tsk! ;) gees louise Tiana....

just an fyi, they are separate Collection by the church... they do not cross over... people either make a donation to help the church pay their bills or they make a donation to the poor....or they make a donation to both.

Alex .. first of all .. you need to watch what you post ... Care reponded to your post accordingly and then you tried to reword it ....

i.e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod
Why do people still attend such churches?

Why do people give them money?

If the people would stop funding such madness it would end!

Now those of us that are familair with you .. know that in the past you have made many derogatory statements towards Churches and people of faith ...

Care4all responded with:
you have got to be crazy to say that Alex.... Churches are the biggest charties in the world, helping the needy sick and poor....

Why the heck would you want us to stop donating to the organizations that help the LEAST AMONG US?

(shakes head)

care

And then you tried to change the context :

1) I did not say all churches, just the ones that are promoting such inequality and bigotry.

2) Cut the head off the church and there will be MUCH MUCH more money for the LEAST AMONG US. Have you seen the riches at the Vatican? Do you really belive the same percentage of you money given to the Catholic Church goes to charity as when you give to the Red Cross,
the Salvation Army or even better directly to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen?

ahhhhh, soooooooo...this is all about the Catholics and the Pope? Tsk, Tsk! ;) gees louise Tiana....

just an fyi, they are separate Collection by the church... they do not cross over... people either make a donation to help the church pay their bills or they make a donation to the poor....or they make a donation to both.

Actually you're the one that keeps bringing up the catholic church. I was teasing YOU in that statement :pke: :p

And I do know about the two collection plates. At my old church there would be like 3 or even 4 collection plates that went around. It was pretty annoying. Finally someone got Savy enough to have one envelope with different amounts written to different things on it.

Alex .. first of all .. you need to watch what you post ... Care reponded to your post accordingly and then you tried to reword it ....

i.e.

Quote:
Why do people still attend such churches?

Why do people give them money?

If the people would stop funding such madness it would end!

Now those of us that are familair with you .. know that in the past you have made many derogatory statements towards Churches and people of faith ...

Care4all responded with:
you have got to be crazy to say that Alex.... Churches are the biggest charties in the world, helping the needy sick and poor....

Why the heck would you want us to stop donating to the organizations that help the LEAST AMONG US?

(shakes head)

care

And then you tried to change the context :

1) I did not say all churches, just the ones that are promoting such inequality and bigotry.

2) Cut the head off the church and there will be MUCH MUCH more money for the LEAST AMONG US. Have you seen the riches at the Vatican? Do you really belive the same percentage of you money given to the Catholic Church goes to charity as when you give to the Red Cross,
the Salvation Army or even better directly to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen?

:corn:

Back