Christofacists at it again

I keep telling you guys: put up prayer flags. They're to JW's as garlic is to vampires. KC and I are the only people in our neighborhood who never get bothered.

Prayer flags? Nah, the best way to get rid of JWs is to invite them in, give them a cuppa, maybe a nice biscuit, be nice to them and attempt to persuade them that athiesm is the way forward...

Never see them again, they don't even put leaflets through the door...

Tibetan Buddhists use Prayer Flags. They signify an Eastern belief and for some reason JWs seem to avoid Eastern belief systems.

OHHH, not noticed many Buddists where I have lived over here. I am not sure the JW's over here would know what they are.

I don't really know. It isn't my type of Buddhism... Much of their belief system is a mystery to me. Tibetan Buddhism is, well, odd.

This is why following a religious text is stupid. It does say that in the bible and if you are going to be a true Christian you should follow it. However upon reading such stupidity you should realize that texts like the bible have no place in the modern world and should be discarded completely.

I thought you were a Christian?

The title of this thread annoys me.

Fascism is a specific word. Neither the fundamentalist Christian lunatics, nor the fundamentalist Muslim lunatics are fascist...

After all the only difference between a cult and a religion is the age and size of the group.

Agreed. And the methods used to perpetuate and recruit are the same.

Cult is a word used by the established religions (cults) to denegrate new cults.

Hell yeah, the fundamentalist muslims in the middle east are horribly oppressive to women.

I'm convinced that virtually every problem in the middle east could be solved, if women were empowered in the arab countries. There is a direct correlation between the "success" of a civilized society, and the empowerment of women in those societies. Every country were women have equal rights as men, are largely successful, educated, and relatively peaceful.

I think the excuses that are trotted out to explain mideast violence (poverty, lack of education, militarism) are simply symptons of the underlying problem: lack of women's rights.

We know from history, that when women in a country are empowered, the governments have to respond to women's agenda: women are much more concerned with the social welfare, education, healthcare, and peaceful solutions to problems. they are much less inclined to be militaristic. A male-dominated society runs on way too much testosterone.

You think rhetoric like this is gonna get you laid cypress? Men go to war to fulfill the materialistic dreams of women.

Back