Clinton-McCain gas tax holiday slammed as bad idea

dude, like Nike we charge what you are willing to pay

...and? That's not helping the gas price at all. The purpose of the 'tax-holiday' is to lower the price by removing 18 cents a gallon that the Fed collects. It is one tax I actualyl agree with because it goes towards road maintenance.. or it should at least. Anyways, that doen't drive the price down at all. Just creates higher demand and higher prices. Once they put the tax back on it, then it will be even higher!

dude, like Nike we charge what you are willing to pay

Don’t say what you’re willing to pay Top. That is very disingenuous. Most people have no choice, they need to buy gas to get to work. There are many people in this country who are more and more faced with the choice of gas to get to work, or vegetables for their children, and you are being very blasé about the pain this is causing. I would also like to point out, once again, that gas was 1.40 cents a gallon (only ten cents less than what Superfreak now claims Iraq will cost us, per day, once John McCain is President), when Bush took office.

That’s what you get when you put oilmen in the white house, and I’m really sick and tired of this pretense that putting two oilmen in the white house had nothing to do with it! Give me a break, who do you think you are talking to?

dungshit they will see an imediate .18 cent reduction, oil companies didn't make billions by being stupid.

No they didn't. And if people are willing to pay $X for gas, why would anyone charge $X-.18 when supply is maxed out? It doesn't make sense.

Basically, the tax holiday would be a transfer of 18 cents per gallon from the Highway Trust Fund to the oil companies while our infrastructure crumbles.

Don’t say what you’re willing to pay Top. That is very disingenuous. Most people have no choice, they need to buy gas to get to work. There are many people in this country who are more and more faced with the choice of gas to get to work, or vegetables for their children, and you are being very blasé about the pain this is causing. I would also like to point out, once again, that gas was 1.40 cents a gallon (only ten cents less than what Superfreak now claims Iraq will cost us, per day, once John McCain is President), when Bush took office.

That’s what you get when you put oilmen in the white house, and I’m really sick and tired of this pretense that putting two oilmen in the white house had nothing to do with it! Give me a break, who do you think you are talking to?

This is where I still find a disconnect. You have people arguing we need alternative energy and we don't need to drill in the U.S. for oil. We have people that want to raise exponentially the gas tax so as to force people out of their cars and into other means of transportation. We want people to conserve but then we want cheap very affordable gas, we want people out of their cars but we want cheap gas. It seems the goals often conflict.

Pleople have every right to buy what they want when they want it.
I guarantee you if the country bought 50% less gas this summer the price would plummet, so would healthcare. People are very happy with both and thus buy it like it's a fire sale.

Umm we are drilling in the USA daily.
To act as if we are not is disingenuious.

Ummm, thank you for stating the obvious citizen.

There have been multiple proposals for additional drilling that have been rejected. That is what I was refering to.

Umm we are drilling in the USA daily.
To act as if we are not is disingenuious.

Ummm, thank you for stating the obvious citizen.

There have been multiple proposals for new areas of drilling that have been rejected. That is what I was refering to.

No it wouldn't

18 cents a gallon is nothing to you limosine liberals, but it would help the average JOE.

Reducing a barrel to $35 would!...nothing short of that will help the working class! The Fed keeps lowering the interest rates..that forces the dollar lower, and oil prices and everything else up...just a fact Jack./

Back