Clintons Amazing Comeback

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
Good read.... excerpt:

As of yesterday, it is Clinton who has the momentum. Her own team is working hard to understand how she pulled off victory in New Hampshire, so that they might repeat the trick nationwide. The key seems to be women, who made up 57% of the Democratic electorate on Tuesday and, having favoured Obama in Iowa, chose her in New Hampshire. What drew them in, the Clinton camp believes, is a dramatic sequence of events in the preceding 24 hours - events that stirred up the state's women, especially older ones.

Most famously, Hillary choked up when asked how she coped with the pressure. The footage was repeated in a virtual loop on American TV and seems to have done Hillary a favour, revealing a vulnerable side that had been hidden for 16 years. But also important was the criticism of those tears by the rival candidate John Edwards, saying America needed toughness in its commander-in-chief. Alongside it was a heckling incident during a Clinton event, when a couple of men held up placards bearing the once-common anti-feminist slogan "Iron my shirt" (some bloggers wonder if the hecklers weren't in fact pro-Hillary plants). Add to that a male-dominated punditocracy, on TV round the clock, gleefully writing off Hillary's chances, and you have the ingredients of a women's revolt. "They just hit a complete breaking point," one Hillary adviser told me yesterday. "They were outraged."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,2238148,00.html

Good read.... excerpt:

As of yesterday, it is Clinton who has the momentum. Her own team is working hard to understand how she pulled off victory in New Hampshire, so that they might repeat the trick nationwide. The key seems to be women, who made up 57% of the Democratic electorate on Tuesday and, having favoured Obama in Iowa, chose her in New Hampshire. What drew them in, the Clinton camp believes, is a dramatic sequence of events in the preceding 24 hours - events that stirred up the state's women, especially older ones.

Most famously, Hillary choked up when asked how she coped with the pressure. The footage was repeated in a virtual loop on American TV and seems to have done Hillary a favour, revealing a vulnerable side that had been hidden for 16 years. But also important was the criticism of those tears by the rival candidate John Edwards, saying America needed toughness in its commander-in-chief. Alongside it was a heckling incident during a Clinton event, when a couple of men held up placards bearing the once-common anti-feminist slogan "Iron my shirt" (some bloggers wonder if the hecklers weren't in fact pro-Hillary plants). Add to that a male-dominated punditocracy, on TV round the clock, gleefully writing off Hillary's chances, and you have the ingredients of a women's revolt. "They just hit a complete breaking point," one Hillary adviser told me yesterday. "They were outraged."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,2238148,00.html

Gee, and I remember being laughed at and dismissed in the days before the primary, when I pointed out this clinton dog piling crap, the "crying" episode", and the relentless unfair assualts on her were newsworthy and could have consequences. :)

Gee, and I remember being laughed at and dismissed in the days before the primary, when I pointed out this clinton dog piling crap, the "crying" episode", and the relentless unfair assualts on her were newsworthy and could have consequences. :)

You're hands down the most self congratulatory entity in the solar system. :)

u were right cypress. Its sad that the fembots fall for this tactic.. then call sexist if you claim she won because of it... lol then you read this and see even her own people think thats what did it.

I was worried about the crying when I saw it, just as someone who supports Obama. It was a really genuine moment; it even made ME like her more.

I really don't know what it was, but I think it would be hard to deny that the moment was a fairly definitive moment in that part of the campaign. In a way, it is a little strange, because of the reason I think she welled up, and what she said immediately afterwards...

u were right cypress. Its sad that the fembots fall for this tactic.. then call sexist if you claim she won because of it... lol then you read this and see even her own people think thats what did it.

Fembots???!!!! :eek: Be cool, now.

You might not like it. But, its reality. This was so predictable. Who remembers the Fazio debate in 2000?

People vote for a lot of reasons. I think a lot of women support Clinton on the issues. And for some of them, reacting to sexism may have just been one of the issues. Remember, there were a lot of undecideds 24 hours before the election.

Who's gonna pat me on the back, if I don't? I don't have groupies on the board.

Except for you, cawacko, when you're drunk. ;)

I predict there will be a new president in just over a year.

And when it happens, I'm going to run around posting all over the place what a genius I am for said prediction. Is that about right?

:thup:

I predict there will be a new president in just over a year.

And when it happens, I'm going to run around posting all over the place what a genius I am for said prediction. Is that about right?

:thup:

Hey, I'm one of the first to admit when I'm wrong about something. So, please feel free to make it your mission to congratulate me, when I do that. You certainly have a "beef" with me when I'm right. Cheers!

I don't see Hillary's people attributing her win to sexism. All I see is a comment that women were outraged at the treatment Hillary received.

If you bother to actually see what Clinton's people claim propelled them to victory it is her ground game in New Hampshire and well-tuned get-out-the-vote machine that knocked on over 105,000 doors the day before the election alone, made phone calls to over 50,000 women, etc. . .

I'd also point out that highlighting the fact that people in the press are holding Clinton to a double standard or are throwing sexist comments around isn't "playing the sexist card." It's calling out sexism and nothing more.

Last edited:
Back