CNBC reports

Well what the hell woudl you have known about the Clintons when you were 9?? Are you even from Arkansas?

I lived there for six years growing up, four of which Billy was governor. My mother worked on several projects that Hillary was a part of in name only, though Hillary was always good at claiming credit in front of the media.

My mother is a pretty passive person and it takes a lot for her to not like someone. She was a lifelong Democrat. She friggin hates Hillary... that sentiment kind of got passed along. As for Bill, she didn't really trust him due to the rumors of him being a skirt chaser. But her dislike was directed directly at Hillary.

I lived there for six years growing up, four of which Billy was governor. My mother worked on several projects that Hillary was a part of in name only, though Hillary was always good at claiming credit in front of the media.

My mother is a pretty passive person and it takes a lot for her to not like someone. She was a lifelong Democrat. She friggin hates Hillary... that sentiment kind of got passed along. As for Bill, she didn't really trust him due to the rumors of him being a skirt chaser. But her dislike was directed directly at Hillary.

Ok, so it was a personal issue.

Mama's boy.

I dont think the next Republican president will borrow so heavily from the alumini of the Bush Administration.

its the first move that obama has made that the market liked. every other move including Hillary sent the market to 7500 points.

If the announcement that Hillary had been offered the secretary of state position had a negative impact on the market we are truly fucked. If, however, the market tanked due to the ongoing trouble with the financials (read: Citibank) we're still fucked but at least it makes some sense.

If the announcement that Hillary had been offered the secretary of state position had a negative impact on the market we are truly fucked. If, however, the market tanked due to the ongoing trouble with the financials (read: Citibank) we're still fucked but at least it makes some sense.

right now, the market is moving on these announcements as it is desperately looking for leadership out of DC. To be clear, this is in large part due to the ineptitude that Paulson has shown, coupled with the idiocy out of Congress with regards to the Big three. But now the market is looking to Obama to provide good leadership candidates in his selections.

The market definitely loved the Geithner pick. The minute it was announced the market rocked.

right now, the market is moving on these announcements as it is desperately looking for leadership out of DC. To be clear, this is in large part due to the ineptitude that Paulson has shown, coupled with the idiocy out of Congress with regards to the Big three. But now the market is looking to Obama to provide good leadership candidates in his selections.

The market definitely loved the Geithner pick. The minute it was announced the market rocked.

The market reacting to Secretary of the Treasury makes sense. The market reacting to Secretary of State does not.

The market reacting to Secretary of the Treasury makes sense. The market reacting to Secretary of State does not.

I agree Sec Treas definitely had more of an effect. Not even a question.

The other nominations were more of a reaction like...' well shit, that does nothing for us' Not much downside caused by the picks relative to the moves to the upside when he selects a good candidate.

I agree Sec Treas definitely had more of an effect. Not even a question.

The other nominations were more of a reaction like...' well shit, that does nothing for us' Not much downside caused by the picks relative to the moves to the upside when he selects a good candidate.

I think any down sliding when other non-economic related picks were leaked was mere correlation, not causation, particularly given the sheer volume of shitty economic news this week.

Back