CNN Commentator Suspended Over Beckham Tweets

I know I've done this and I've heard other guys say this as well. When you go into a bar you look around to see if there are women in the place. At a certain point you also look at the guys who are in a sense your 'competition' and make judgements about them. Or you look a girl and think why the hell is she talking to him and not me. Is there latent homophobia in those type of thoughts?

No! Come on Cawacko.

No! Come on Cawacko.

But I'm serious. I've seen guys talking to chicks who are totally playing up being metrosexual and I'm thinking to myself they're f'ing p*ssies. (Of course they may be talking to the girl I want to talk to so who is the real p*ssy). You said earlier that could be homophobic.

I saw people saying on twitter that he has made very anti-gay comments in the past. You need to get plugged in SF - twitter is where everything happens. It's the age of the twitterati!

But I really don't remember the specifics.

I refuse to use or look at twitter. I am 'plugged in' enough with facebook/linked in. I don't need to hear every stupid thought people want to type. I know some people get all wrapped up in 'celebrities' and their lives, others think their friends want to know what time of day they fart and what time they sneezed... f that.

Leave that to the young whippersnappers.

I'm sure I'll get myself in trouble for asking this but I'll ask it anyway. Where do you draw the line for homophobia if one believes two men together sexually is disgusting and not a turn on but at the same time doesn't care if one is gay and what two men decide to do together sexually?

I saw one of the 'anti-gay' comments Martin tweeted... he was mocking a guy for wearing a pink suit... said he should get his ass whipped for that. I personally agree. Gay or straight... a pink suit?... you should get your ass whipped. Deion Sanders isn't gay, nor do I think he acts gay. But he should get his ass whipped for some of the outfits he wears.

I saw one of the 'anti-gay' comments Martin tweeted... he was mocking a guy for wearing a pink suit... said he should get his ass whipped for that. I personally agree. Gay or straight... a pink suit?... you should get your ass whipped. Deion Sanders isn't gay, nor do I think he acts gay. But he should get his ass whipped for some of the outfits he wears.

Did you ever see a man with a good body in nice-fitting jeans and a pink dress shirt?

That is very hot.

I hear a little jealousy here, and a lot from cawacko!

I refuse to use or look at twitter. I am 'plugged in' enough with facebook/linked in. I don't need to hear every stupid thought people want to type. I know some people get all wrapped up in 'celebrities' and their lives, others think their friends want to know what time of day they fart and what time they sneezed... f that.

Leave that to the young whippersnappers.

I follow the feminist hive mind because I like to keep up to date about what you monsters are up to now.

Did you ever see a man with a good body in nice-fitting jeans and a pink dress shirt?

That is very hot.

I'm not trying to be argumentitive here or obtuse but I just find it interesting between where the line is drawn between what is jealousy vs. what is homophobia or mysgony.

But I'm serious. I've seen guys talking to chicks who are totally playing up being metrosexual and I'm thinking to myself they're f'ing p*ssies. (Of course they may be talking to the girl I want to talk to so who is the real p*ssy). You said earlier that could be homophobic.

Yeah calling them that name probably is. I think it's definitely a gendered insult at the very least. Here in NY we just call "metrosexual" men, men, because it's so common. I don't have a problem with it. It's one way to be attractive for a man. There are others. I'm very broad-minded Cawacko. Unlike you obviously!

I'm not the expert. I have established that you very catty though. :)

Haha. In reality I can barely dress myself so I don't/can't really judge what others do.

But I think it's an interesting topic. Look at the Miller Lite commercials making fun of men not being 'men'. So is 'society' directing men that they have to act a certain way to be considered a 'man' based in homophobia?

To really get into that topic is WAY over my head. But I'm sure someone has written a thesis or two on it.

Haha. In reality I can barely dress myself so I don't/can't really judge what others do.

But I think it's an interesting topic. Look at the Miller Lite commercials making fun of men not being 'men'. So is 'society' directing men that they have to act a certain way to be considered a 'man' based in homophobia?

To really get into that topic is WAY over my head. But I'm sure someone has written a thesis or two on it.

YES. Homophobia and misogyny. These things hurt straight men too. What we say in the feminist hive is that the patriarchy hurts men too. Sounds very second-wavy and really out of date, but there's truth in it. IMO.

Just an observation here, but I think it is interesting that when poet said a woman who doesn't "act like a woman" deserved to get punched (paraphrasing here), pretty much everyone saw the wrongness of it immediately. But when a man says a man deserves to get his ass kicked for not acting "manly," the wrongness has to be explained to some folks.

And before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I'm not speaking about anyone on this board in particular.

Just an observation here, but I think it is interesting that when poet said a woman who doesn't "act like a woman" deserved to get punched (paraphrasing here), pretty much everyone saw the wrongness of it immediately. But when a man says a man deserves to get his ass kicked for not acting "manly," the wrongness has to be explained to some folks.

And before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I'm not speaking about anyone on this board in particular.

Excellent point.

Do you consider there to be a difference if it is said in the figurative sense as opposed to literal?

That is very hot.

I have no problem with a pink shirt (though men call it salmon colored)

But a pink suit? F that...

1) There is a difference between a man saying (and meaning) that the man should HIT the woman

and

2) A guy joking around that a man should get his ass whupped for wearing a pink suit or enjoying a soccer guy's commercial during the Super Bowl.

I know you are damn near fully retarded, but it shouldn't be too hard for you to comprehend why one is wrong and the other is not. One MEANT that physical harm should be used and that was man on woman. The other was joking around. But I know... you are too fucking stupid to comprehend this. I am sure you have a government solution for all this.

Back