College football conference championships, CFP predictions

anonymoose

Classical Liberal
Bama's due for a reality check against UGA. It will be ugly.
Haven't seen Baylor so don't know much about them. I suspect Baylor - OK State will be a well played game. If Baylor wins, ND is in the CFP.
Iowa - Mich. should be good.
If Iowa and Baylor should win, who is the fourth team in? Oregon, if they beat Utah? What if Iowa, Baylor and Utah win? I'd have to go with Baylor since they'd be the highest ranked team to win their conference championship.

I expect Bama will lose to GA. We have won the last 6, including 2 SEC Championships and a National Championship.

But it may not be the blowout you think.

Bama's due for a reality check against UGA. It will be ugly.
Haven't seen Baylor so don't know much about them. I suspect Baylor - OK State will be a well played game. If Baylor wins, ND is in the CFP.
Iowa - Mich. should be good.
If Iowa and Baylor should win, who is the fourth team in? Oregon, if they beat Utah? What if Iowa, Baylor and Utah win? I'd have to go with Baylor since they'd be the highest ranked team to win their conference championship.

The PAC-12 and Big-12 are both shite. They should just put GA, Bubba, Michigan, and Cincinnati in. If Natty loses its conference championship, then, maybe Notre Dame gets to sneak back in.

Kirk Ferentz deserves a coach of the year award - bleeding 10 wins out of that team is pure sorcery. The offense is ranked 121 out of 130.

Michigan is going to destroy them unfortunately.

They should play ten games or so, call it a season, and start studying for finals.
The college football season is completely out of control from my point of view.

They should play ten games or so, call it a season, and start studying for finals.
The college football season is completely out of control from my point of view.
Better yet do away with college athletic scholarships unless they're tied to h.s. academic performance. But unless that happens keep it as is.

I am oddly relaxed about the SEC Championship.

I think Georgia is going to win. First, because they are the best team in college football this year. And second, because they will be gunning for Alabama after we have handed them 6 losses in a row, including some that smashed their hopes. The 2nd and 26 in OT comes to mind. Or Jalen Hurts and engineering a comeback victory.

And let's face it, the only reason the betting line isn't double digits is because it is Alabama.

I think it will be a good game. And I think it is possible for Bama to win. But it is nice to be relaxed about it, since we are expected to lose for a change.

Well now that OSU is out I’m hoping to see a matchup in the semifinals that most everyone wants to see. Cincinnati vs Michigan.

I am oddly relaxed about the SEC Championship.

I think Georgia is going to win. First, because they are the best team in college football this year. And second, because they will be gunning for Alabama after we have handed them 6 losses in a row, including some that smashed their hopes. The 2nd and 26 in OT comes to mind. Or Jalen Hurts and engineering a comeback victory.

And let's face it, the only reason the betting line isn't double digits is because it is Alabama.

I think it will be a good game. And I think it is possible for Bama to win. But it is nice to be relaxed about it, since we are expected to lose for a change.

IF 'Bama loses do you think they get in the playoff? Do you think they would deserve to?

Can't happen, because Natty will not be higher than #4, and Michigan will 2 or 3. They can only play each other in the championship game.

No, I can see Cincinnati at #3 and OK. State or ND at #4. In fact if Cincinnati beats Houston and OK. State loses to Baylor they won’t leap frog ND over Cincinnati.

Well now that OSU is out I’m hoping to see a matchup in the semifinals that most everyone wants to see. Cincinnati vs Michigan.

You see Quinn Ewers hit the transfer portal? Leaves high school a year early to sign a $1m N.I.L. deal and leaves after one season. Welcome to present day college football.

What avenue/scenario do you see them winning? But I agree, a close game is possible. Saban will have them prepared somehow. I don't know how but he will.

We will be the best offense Georgia has faced all year. If Bryce Young gets his rhythm going, he can eat the GA secondary for lunch. Their secondary has been burned numerous times this year.

And our defense is the best their young QB has faced. Georgia has a great defense. That said, Will Anderson (Alabama) will be the best defensive player on the field.

And what has hurt Georgia in previous years is that Kirby Smart gets a lead and starts to play more conservative. He has done it in 3 of our last meetings.

And we are capable of getting a turnover or two.

Oh yea, it can happen. I’ve seen way to many of the games where one team is “supposed” to win go exactly the other way for different reasons. One thing is that all the social media I’ve been reading has looked past this game to the playoff. 19-23 year old kids read that stuff and some of them get to believing all they have to do is show up…even against a traditional powerhouse like Alabama. So a turnover here or there, it still being a game late into the fourth quarter…all kinds of things give a decent Alabama team a chance. Can’t wait to watch it.

Back