College football conference championships, CFP predictions

Ok my CFP projections. If the CFP used objective criteria it would be;

#1. Cincinnati (best record)
#2. Alabama #2. (Via tie breaker with UM)
#3. UM as Conf Champ
#4. UGA as a non conference champ.

We all know that’s not going to happen.

What I and everyone outside of Georgia and Alabama would like to see;

#1. Alabama
#2. Cincinnati
#3. UM
#4. UGA

The vast majority of the Nation does not want to see a Bama vs UGA finals. Not even ESPN as it would result in a finals with the lowest TV rating in CFP history. The vast majority of the nation would prefer to see Bama and UGA in a semifinals game.

Having said that and knowing the selection committee could care less about a true national championship game my projection is;

#1. Alabama
#2. UGA
#3. UM
#4. Cincinnati.

In my opinion trying to set up a Bama vs UGA finals by ranking them #1&2 would be a very bad idea as no one outside of Bama and UGA wants to see an SEC finals. I would rather see them ranked as 1&4 or 2&3 to eliminate that possibility.

coming from Iowa and living in Michigan caused stress in the household........my wife hates me for rooting for Michigan even though I patiently explained to her that if Iowa won Michigan would not go on to the national championship and certainly Iowa wouldn't whether they won or lost........oh well, she will forgive by the end of March Madness......

Indeed it is. Can’t really blame him though. After Strouds performance this year he would be ridding the pine for at least two more years. The Buckeyes are currently a very young team with lots of upside so though it’s never acceptable to lose to that team up north. Disappointment here isn’t to great as they more or less met expectations this year given their youth. Dey will definitely need to improve their defense. It was the teams weak point and did not live up to the Silver Bullets reputation.

But to be honest it’s going to be another 357 days before the sun rises again in Columbus.

Stroud can leave after next year. I believe there's also another five star (QB) on the roster. I know no one wants to sit but if you aren't willing to face, and beat, the competition...?? But if he goes to Texas or A&M (where it has been rumored) he would likely start right away.

I got to watch the game with my old man which is always special and yeah, HATE losing to them!!

Ok my CFP projections. If the CFP used objective criteria it would be;

#1. Cincinnati (best record)
#2. Alabama #2. (Via tie breaker with UM)
#3. UM as Conf Champ
#4. UGA as a non conference champ.

We all know that’s not going to happen.

What I and everyone outside of Georgia and Alabama would like to see;

#1. Alabama
#2. Cincinnati
#3. UM
#4. UGA

The vast majority of the Nation does not want to see a Bama vs UGA finals. Not even ESPN as it would result in a finals with the lowest TV rating in CFP history. The vast majority of the nation would prefer to see Bama and UGA in a semifinals game.

Having said that and knowing the selection committee could care less about a true national championship game my projection is;

#1. Alabama
#2. UGA
#3. UM
#4. Cincinnati.

In my opinion trying to set up a Bama vs UGA finals by ranking them #1&2 would be a very bad idea as no one outside of Bama and UGA wants to see an SEC finals. I would rather see them ranked as 1&4 or 2&3 to eliminate that possibility.

There was no way they were going to set up a repeat of 'Bama and Georgia. None. Come on UC, shock the world!!

The latest CFP rankings are out.

#1 - Alabama
#2 - Michigan
#3 - Georgia
#4 - Cincinnati

Seems reasonable to me. Especially with Notre Dame on the outside looking in.

Harvard beat Yale in a 34-31 shootout this year.
I understand that there are other college football games played around the nation as well,
but I haven't watched one since Doug Flutie played for Boston's "other" college football team in the early 1980s.

The Patriots, on the other hand, play Buffalo for 1st place in the division tonight. Dress warm if you're going.

Harvard beat Yale in a 34-31 shootout this year.
I understand that there are other college football games played around the nation as well,
but I haven't watched one since Doug Flutie played for Boston's "other" college football team in the early 1980s.

The Patriots, on the other hand, play Buffalo for 1st place in the division tonight. Dress warm if you're going.

To me, Harvard vs Yale is equivalent to Army-Navy and a small handful of rivalries, even though it is an FCS game.

Welp, the new HC is the same age as myself and Sean McVay.

I thought they would have gone hard after Fickell. Can't blame them for sticking with Freeman. It will definitely help with this recruiting class. Long term remains to be seen (although from all accounts the dude is uber talented). And like you said, he's young.

(And he's from Ohio. It's absolutely amazing how many coaches come out of that state.)

I thought they would have gone hard after Fickell. Can't blame them for sticking with Freeman. It will definitely help with this recruiting class. Long term remains to be seen (although from all accounts the dude is uber talented). And like you said, he's young.

(And he's from Ohio. It's absolutely amazing how many coaches come out of that state.)

Yeah, Kelly believed the lesson from 2012 was size and toughness. A capable DC can improve upon that. Also, as QB Coach, Rees was finally starting to help Ian Book, and then Jack Coan improve, rather than regress like their predecessors tended to do. If Freeman can finally recruit and prepare a ND caliber QB (and there haven't been many since Rick Mirer graduated following the 1992 season), that will help.

LOL!! Yeah, I wondered who it was. I guess I am not around enough for everyone to know I am a huge Crimson Tide fan.

Even a UCLA grad (translation: not very smart) could read this thread alone and pick up that you're a 'Bama guy. :)

Can you read this?

John Henry "Doc" Holliday was an American gambler, gunfighter, and dentist.
A close friend and associate of lawman Wyatt Earp, Holliday is best known for
his role in the events leading up to and following the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral.

Israel ‘Charley’ Goldman: Legacy

Charley Goldman died of a heart attack in 1968. The trainer of 5 world champions, Charley was liked and respected by boxers, trainers and sports writers alike as well as by many others who frequented the famed Stillman’s Gym.

Accolades

In 1992, Israel ‘Charley’ Goldman was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame
In 1999, Israel ‘Charley’ Goldman was inducted into the International Jewish Sports Hall of Fame

glad you came back so I could ask you what you thought about Iowa and Michigan fighting for the Big 10 championship.........meanwhile I hear OS has been invited by Wales to compete in the first annual sheepdippers bowl......they would play Swansea City if thy can learn the rules of football by then......

What did I think? I thought a little revenge was in order so I sold my 3 BIG10 Championship Game Tickets to some sheep dipper from michigan for $400 each. :-) (I paid $75 ea for them).

Back