College football conference championships, CFP predictions

The latest CFP rankings are out.

#1 - Alabama
#2 - Michigan
#3 - Georgia
#4 - Cincinnati

Seems reasonable to me. Especially with Notre Dame on the outside looking in.
Yup… so they switched the order between UM and UGA that I predicted but it still resulted in the same matchup.

No knock on Bama but the CFP is clearly showing the Group of Five teams don’t belong in the CFP. I’ll obviously be pulling for UC but even if Bama wins but it’s a close game it would be one of the few moral victories in football.

The CFP Committee should be ashamed of themselves and I hope it bites them in the ass.

Yup… so they switched the order between UM and UGA that I predicted but it still resulted in the same matchup.

No knock on Bama but the CFP is clearly showing the Group of Five teams don’t belong in the CFP. I’ll obviously be pulling for UC but even if Bama wins but it’s a close game it would be one of the few moral victories in football.

The CFP Committee should be ashamed of themselves and I hope it bites them in the ass.

I am actually more nervous about the Cincy game than about facing Michigan or a rematch with Georgia.

Now here is a tough question for you, Mott. If Bama beats Cincy, and Michigan beats Georgia, who will you pull for?

I am actually more nervous about the Cincy game than about facing Michigan or a rematch with Georgia.

Now here is a tough question for you, Mott. If Bama beats Cincy, and Michigan beats Georgia, who will you pull for?

Lol…he’s still thinking on that one. I think he’ll root for the defense. That’s what I do when the Redskins play the Raiders. :)

And to the being about Cincinnati part … I agree. Cincinnati has nothing to lose and you can bet they’ll pull out all the stops to try to win … or at least keep it close to try to prove they belong.

“Pull for” would be to strong a term. My expectations are that those Northern Stanky Oversized Weasels defend the BIG10’s honor so I’m pretty sure to be disappointed.

What I really like though is Bama, for the first time ever in the BCS/CFP era, would be playing a post season game where the opponent essentially has the home field advantage. That should be interesting though I don’t think it will be to big of an advantage and considering how long it’s been since michigan has had a Championship caliber team, the stanky weasels in that State Up North will pay dearly to attend the game so it will largely be a pro Weasel crowd.

That is a huge turnaround BIG10 fans are going to appreciate. We have long bitched up here that we essentially have played SEC teams in the post season where they have always had a home field advantage, so that’s a nice change to be playing at Indy.

“Pull for” would be to strong a term. My expectations are that those Northern Stanky Oversized Weasels defend the BIG10’s honor so I’m pretty sure to be disappointed.

What I really like though is Bama, for the first time ever in the BCS/CFP era, would be playing a post season game where the opponent essentially has the home field advantage. That should be interesting though I don’t think it will be to big of an advantage and considering how long it’s been since michigan has had a Championship caliber team, the stanky weasels in that State Up North will pay dearly to attend the game so it will largely be a pro Weasel crowd.

That is a huge turnaround BIG10 fans are going to appreciate. We have long bitched up here that we essentially have played SEC teams in the post season where they have always had a home field advantage, so that’s a nice change to be playing at Indy.

We played Ohio State for the National Championship in Miami FL. Granted, we are closer. But it is a stretch to say it is a home field for Bama.

We played Ohio State for the National Championship in Miami FL. Granted, we are closer. But it is a stretch to say it is a home field for Bama.

Meh I hear what you’re saying but you do understand just how often things like playing USC in the Rose Bowl or Playing LSU in the Sugar Bowl has happened to us so it’s nice to see a turn about for a change though I would agree in most cases Home Field advantage isn’t as significant as it post season play as it is in the regular season, though for BIG10 there has been quite a few times where our opponents flat out had a home field advantage in the post season. It doesn’t happen all the time but often enough.

Having said that, I’ve never used that as an excuse for losing.

Meh I hear what you’re saying but you do understand just how often things like playing USC in the Rose Bowl or Playing LSU in the Sugar Bowl has happened to us so it’s nice to see a turn about for a change though I would agree in most cases Home Field advantage isn’t as significant as it post season play as it is in the regular season, though for BIG10 there has been quite a few times where our opponents flat out had a home field advantage in the post season. It doesn’t happen all the time but often enough.

No, you have not used that as an excuse.

To me Home Field advantage is about playing at home. The rest is just a matter of your fans and supporters making the trip. Before Saban came to Bama we played a bowl game in Hawaii. I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 15,000 Bama fans went to the game. They dominated.

In the 2019 NCG the Clemson players must have felt like Christians walking into the lion's den in the Roman coliseum when they arrived in N.O. with all the hoopla going on in that town. The Super Dome must've felt like a safe haven.

What was the dogs name on the Brady Bunch?

Screen-Shot-2017-01-28-at-11.35.02-AM.png

https%3A%2F%2F12thmanrising.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2016%2F04%2F80370845-850x560.jpeg

Third Mater Dei kid to win the Heisman. And to think he was verbally committed to Clay Doh Helton at one point. It’s painful to say but Mr. Young pretty clearly seems to have made the right decision going to ‘Bama. He’s an outstanding man and well deserving.

Third Mater Dei kid to win the Heisman. And to think he was verbally committed to Clay Doh Helton at one point. It’s painful to say but Mr. Young pretty clearly seems to have made the right decision going to ‘Bama. He’s an outstanding man and well deserving.

One of the things that impressed me (that I did not know) was the reason he decided to come to Alabama. He wanted to play for a tough coach. He wanted to play where the competition was fierce. I admire that.

One of the things that impressed me (that I did not know) was the reason he decided to come to Alabama. He wanted to play for a tough coach. He wanted to play where the competition was fierce. I admire that.

'SC during the Carroll years and Alabama now under Saban are very similar. Heisman players replace Heisman players. 1st round picks replace 1st round picks. 'SC kids used to talk about practice being harder than the games under Carroll. You can't go into those situations afraid to compete. Everyone else around you was a 4 or 5* and the BMOC at their high school. That environment isn't for everyone but you see the results it brings.

Coaches like Carroll and Saban are Hall of Famers. Not everyone is going to be like them. But Clay Helton never should have been coach at USC. Georgia Southern is more an appropriate level for him. That's why you saw kids at a USC feeder school like Mater Dei going to 'Bama, LSU etc. Lincoln Riley is already putting a change to that.

'SC during the Carroll years and Alabama now under Saban are very similar. Heisman players replace Heisman players. 1st round picks replace 1st round picks. 'SC kids used to talk about practice being harder than the games under Carroll. You can't go into those situations afraid to compete. Everyone else around you was a 4 or 5* and the BMOC at their high school. That environment isn't for everyone but you see the results it brings.

Coaches like Carroll and Saban are Hall of Famers. Not everyone is going to be like them. But Clay Helton never should have been coach at USC. Georgia Southern is more an appropriate level for him. That's why you saw kids at a USC feeder school like Mater Dei going to 'Bama, LSU etc. Lincoln Riley is already putting a change to that.

Saban has the best recruiting tool of anyone out there. One simple statement and he puts everyone else to shame.

Every class he has recruited, it they stayed for 3 years, has at least one National Championship ring.

It still feels odd that Alabama has become QBU in the last few years.

Saban has the best recruiting tool of anyone out there. One simple statement and he puts everyone else to shame.

Every class he has recruited, it they stayed for 3 years, has at least one National Championship ring.

It still feels odd that Alabama has become QBU in the last few years.

To Saban's credit, he realized he needed to change from having just a 'game manager' QB to opening up his offense and making it more dynamic. He's the college GOAT for a reason.

To Saban's credit, he realized he needed to change from having just a 'game manager' QB to opening up his offense and making it more dynamic. He's the college GOAT for a reason.

I agree. He came in as a "Run first" type offensive plan and a killer defense. Now he is all about the RPO.

And he knew he would get a new car plus other "fringe benefits" Alabama is famous for

Back