College football conference championships, CFP predictions

And he knew he would get a new car plus other "fringe benefits" Alabama is famous for

There was a time, perhaps, that you would be right. Not any more.

One of the pluses about having more 4 and 5 star athletes is that you can cut any one them loose rather than risk sanctions.

There was a time, perhaps, that you would be right. Not any more.

One of the pluses about having more 4 and 5 star athletes is that you can cut any one them loose rather than risk sanctions.

Bag men exist in all of college football, they just take it to another level in the SEC. But I thought Bryce signed some million dollar N.I.L. deal already. He's getting his above board.

Young basically grew up in L.A. His dream was to go to USC and he verbally committed to the school. Ultimately he made a (wise) business decision in trusting his future to Saban rather than Clay Doh. Archives is hung up on this car thing. Young didn't decommit from 'SC because 'Bama gave him a car.

You people are incredibly naive, or lost in some Norman Rockwell image of college football, here you have even a SEC coach, a SEC coach, admitting the reality:

“Lane Kiffin rants about transfer portal: 'They're going where they're going to get paid the most”

“Mississippi coach Lane Kiffin is done ignoring what the transfer portal has done to college football recruiting. "I don't think people really say it this way, but let's not make a mistake: We have free agency in college football," Kiffin said. "The kids a lot of times go to where they're going to get paid the most.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...uiting-transfer-portal-nil-issues/6506053001/

https://www.clarionledger.com/story...uiting-transfer-portal-nil-issues/6469290001/

And Kiffin knows full well that that doesn’t, nor ever did, apply to just the transfer portal, must be he is getting out bided

Fact is college football is semi pro football, got nearly zip to do with academics or amateur athletics, colleges are promoting a lie, money is the common denominator to winning

You people are incredibly naive, or lost in some Norman Rockwell image of college football, here you have even a SEC coach, a SEC coach, admitting the reality:

“Lane Kiffin rants about transfer portal: 'They're going where they're going to get paid the most”

“Mississippi coach Lane Kiffin is done ignoring what the transfer portal has done to college football recruiting. "I don't think people really say it this way, but let's not make a mistake: We have free agency in college football," Kiffin said. "The kids a lot of times go to where they're going to get paid the most.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...uiting-transfer-portal-nil-issues/6506053001/

https://www.clarionledger.com/story...uiting-transfer-portal-nil-issues/6469290001/

And Kiffin knows full well that that doesn’t, nor ever did, apply to just the transfer portal, must be he is getting out bided

Fact is college football is semi pro football, got nearly zip to do with academics or amateur athletics, colleges are promoting a lie, money is the common denominator to winning

Except Kiffin is talking about the N.I.L. That is legal. You were previously making reference to bag men, which are not legal.

Except Kiffin is talking about the N.I.L. That is legal. You were previously making reference to bag men, which are not legal.

Do you actually think that the same situation only applies to the transfer portal, that it is a phenomenon occurring only within the last three years?

Do you actually think that the same situation only applies to the transfer portal, that it is a phenomenon occurring only within the last three years?

I guess I'm not following you here. I'm assuming you're familiar with N.I.L. and all that it entails right? That's a game changer and that's what Kiffin is referencing. Kiffin would not be making the statements he did here if he was talking about bag men (especially at Ole Miss).

I guess I'm not following you here. I'm assuming you're familiar with N.I.L. and all that it entails right? That's a game changer and that's what Kiffin is referencing. Kiffin would not be making the statements he did here if he was talking about bag men (especially at Ole Miss).

Of course he wouldn’t, that is why above I added “he knows full well that that doesn’t, nor ever did, apply to just the transfer portal,” one would have to be totally naive to think it did, he’s probably just pissed cause now other schools are openly beating him at it

I’m convinced that the real reason why the schools are so adamantly opposed to paying players isn’t because it would tarnish the image of college athletics, but rather that it would then all come out into the open, those offering them the most is where the top recruit is going to go just as Kiffin is exposing now with the transfer portal

And forget the “bag man” reference, too 1950’s NYC Frank Costello imagery, much more sophisticated now, schools supposedly leasing latest sports cars for athletes is more fitting

And your USC better be careful, quite noticeable how the first schools the NCAA are going after is private schools

Of course he wouldn’t, that is why above I added “he knows full well that that doesn’t, nor ever did, apply to just the transfer portal,” one would have to be totally naive to think it did, he’s probably just pissed cause now other schools are openly beating him at it

I’m convinced that the real reason why the schools are so adamantly opposed to paying players isn’t because it would tarnish the image of college athletics, but rather that it would then all come out into the open, those offering them the most is where the top recruit is going to go just as Kiffin is exposing now with the transfer portal

And forget the “bag man” reference, too 1950’s NYC Frank Costello imagery, much more sophisticated now, schools supposedly leasing latest sports cars for athletes is more fitting

The N.I.L is paying players all out in the open now. For those who believe players should be compensated well now we have it. Ultimately, as a coaching staff you still have to show players you can win and put kids in the league.

('Bag men' have become more sophisticated in how they operate, but it doesn't change the fact that they are bag men.)

The N.I.L is paying players all out in the open now. For those who believe players should be compensated well now we have it. Ultimately, as a coaching staff you still have to show players you can win and put kids in the league.

('Bag men' have become more sophisticated in how they operate, but it doesn't change the fact that they are bag men.)

You got the “out in the open” part right, as I said, probably one of reasons Kiffin is complaining, now he has to openly compete with everyone not just those willing to break the “rules”

They should be fully compensated, unionized and salaried, and if your coaching staff has the resources to buy the best they are certainly going to draw others to play with the best, especially if compensation is available

BYU and Miami (https://www.sportico.com/leagues/college-sports/2021/ncaa-byu-miami-nil-probe-1234650215/)

You got the “out in the open” part right, as I said, probably one of reasons Kiffin is complaining, now he has to openly compete with everyone not just those willing to break the “rules”

They should be fully compensated, unionized and salaried, and if your coaching staff has the resources to buy the best they are certainly going to draw others to play with the best, especially if compensation is available

BYU and Miami (https://www.sportico.com/leagues/college-sports/2021/ncaa-byu-miami-nil-probe-1234650215/)

First off, fvck Miami. Their old AD Paul Dee was behind the draconian penalties 'SC received for Reggie Bush's family taking money from a wanna be agent. But did you see the guy at Miami's response to the NCAA? Basically told them to go do an inhumane act to themselves. NCAA has far less power today than it ever has.

The N.I.L. is allowing players to get played. Making them unionized employees isn't happening. But now they have a chance to get paid. This is what you want so I'm missing why you wouldn't like it.

Edit: And like with most things, there are good and bad with the transfer portal - and the transfer portal is not all driven by money

Last edited:
First off, fvck Miami. Their old AD Paul Dee was behind the draconian penalties 'SC received for Reggie Bush's family taking money from a wanna be agent. But did you see the guy at Miami's response to the NCAA? Basically told them to go do an inhumane act to themselves. NCAA has far less power today than it ever has.

The N.I.L. is allowing players to get played. Making them unionized employees isn't happening. But now they have a chance to get paid. This is what you want so I'm missing why you wouldn't like it.

Edit: And like with most things, there are good and bad with the transfer portal - and the transfer portal is not all driven by money

Couple of thoughts there, I do think they should be unionized, and it will be someday down the road, too much money involved not to be, and why not, they are paid professionals

I have no thoughts on the transfer portal, just using Kiffin's remarks regarding it to show that money is the common denominator to a successful college football program, legal and illegal, his concerns aren't germane to the transfer portal but it is pretty amazing a SEC coach would openly even mention paying football players in any capacity

Lastly, then only thing I would want is for college athletics to openly admit what they are, semi pro, to end the hypocrisy, that all the bullshit about amateur athletics and scholar athletes is just that, bullshit, a school can buy their way to success. That the schools aren't in it to educate anyone, profit and some sense of warped fame are the motivators

Couple of thoughts there, I do think they should be unionized, and it will be someday down the road, too much money involved not to be, and why not, they are paid professionals

I have no thoughts on the transfer portal, just using Kiffin's remarks regarding it to show that money is the common denominator to a successful college football program, legal and illegal, his concerns aren't germane to the transfer portal but it is pretty amazing a SEC coach would openly even mention paying football players in any capacity

Lastly, then only thing I would want is for college athletics to openly admit what they are, semi pro, to end the hypocrisy, that all the bullshit about amateur athletics and scholar athletes is just that, bullshit, a school can buy their way to success. That the schools aren't in it to educate anyone, profit and some sense of warped fame are the motivators

There was a court case recently about players and unionization. Can't recall the results off the top of my head but I read several football boards and its not something that's every really discussed.

There was actually a pretty good thread on the 'SC board yesterday about N.I.L. and players being paid and how this will work out. It's brand new so in a sense there is a wild west element to it right now as they figure out how to attempt to regulate it. Texas is basically offering Offensive Lineman $50K/yr to come to the school. It's just out in the open.

The transfer portal we created as a way to empower student-athletes. If coaches can up and leave then why can't players? So from that perspective it's a good thing. At the same time you have like 1K kids in the portal or some crazy number. So it completely throws off recruiting, roster management and many other things. That's what Kiffin is referencing.

Regarding your last paragraph you are not alone in that thinking. That's a big part of the N.I.L. that kids can now profit off what they do.

Did you see it looks like the #1 recruit in the country, previously committed to Florida State, has now flipped to Deion Sanders and Jackson St? Supposedly Barstool has backed a $1.5m N.I.L. for the kid.

Wow.

Did you see it looks like the #1 recruit in the country, previously committed to Florida State, has now flipped to Deion Sanders and Jackson St? Supposedly Barstool has backed a $1.5m N.I.L. for the kid.

Wow.

“Barstool Sports Reaches Multi-Million Dollar Deal With No. 1 HS Recruit”
https://www.totalprosports.com/2021...1-hs-recruit-after-he-flips-to-jackson-state/

Which means the other schools now have to raise the ante, the market price has escalated, and Barstool Sports is owned by a gambling entity. On behalf of the State schools, the NCAA will have to investigate and the political connections will want a hearing

College football hasn’t been amateur athletics in quote some time now, if anything is is professional Triple AAA football, and should be recognized as such. Money is the common denominator, and the college playoffs has escalated the hypocrisy

“Barstool Sports Reaches Multi-Million Dollar Deal With No. 1 HS Recruit”
https://www.totalprosports.com/2021...1-hs-recruit-after-he-flips-to-jackson-state/

Which means the other schools now have to raise the ante, the market price has escalated, and Barstool Sports is owned by a gambling entity. On behalf of the State schools, the NCAA will have to investigate and the political connections will want a hearing

College football hasn’t been amateur athletics in quote some time now, if anything is is professional Triple AAA football, and should be recognized as such. Money is the common denominator, and the college playoffs has escalated the hypocrisy

Money was given under the table before, now its being done legally via the N.I.L . Lots of people have said these kids should be paid in some form (others than scholarships worth close to $350K at schools like USC) and we're seeing it.

Back