College football conference championships, CFP predictions

Oh yea, it can happen. I’ve seen way to many of the games where one team is “supposed” to win go exactly the other way for different reasons. One thing is that all the social media I’ve been reading has looked past this game to the playoff. 19-23 year old kids read that stuff and some of them get to believing all they have to do is show up…even against a traditional powerhouse like Alabama. So a turnover here or there, it still being a game late into the fourth quarter…all kinds of things give a decent Alabama team a chance. Can’t wait to watch it.

There’s a (very good) reason Georgia is favored but you can never write off Saban/Alabama. They (‘Bama) can easily win this game.

Last edited:
There’s a (very good) reason Georgia is favored but you can never write off Saban/Alabama. They can easily win this game.

Absolutely there is a good reason Georgia is favored. On paper it’s a done deal. No offense to WB, I hope they do win. It’s the only viable scenario where little brother makes the playoff I think.

No, I can see Cincinnati at #3 and OK. State or ND at #4. In fact if Cincinnati beats Houston and OK. State loses to Baylor they won’t leap frog ND over Cincinnati.

Good point. I have been assuming that ND's head-to-head loss to Natty would simply keep us out altogether. The way these tournaments are going, it is certainly possible now that they move up to #3, and the Irish sneak in again.

Absolutely there is a good reason Georgia is favored. On paper it’s a done deal. No offense to WB, I hope they do win. It’s the only viable scenario where little brother makes the playoff I think.

No offense taken. I expect Bama to lose today.

But I also know that Bama has, far and away, the best Defense that Geogia has faced all year. And our offense has the guns to score.

That is why we play the games.

I just hope that if GA loses, it's not a choke at the end like a couple of years ago.

That is the only way Bama wins. If we get ahead early, Georgia will rally. They get complacent if they are winning in the 4th quarter. In 2 SEC Championships and 1 National Championship Bama has won it in the 4th quarter (and OT).

A bigger question is, if GA loses are they still in? That would be a slap in the face to ND if Oklahoma State loses.

Baring losing by 50 they are in. They've been the best team in the country all year. One loss isn't going to knock them out.

Well now that OSU is out I’m hoping to see a matchup in the semifinals that most everyone wants to see. Cincinnati vs Michigan.

glad you came back so I could ask you what you thought about Iowa and Michigan fighting for the Big 10 championship.........meanwhile I hear OS has been invited by Wales to compete in the first annual sheepdippers bowl......they would play Swansea City if thy can learn the rules of football by then......

Well, little brother blew it. Bama doing well… Enjoying a day of just watching. Tomorrow will be the same.

Nope. Looking like your choice of words was apt.

No kidding.

A couple of thoughts:

'Bama has Georgia's number. I thought this would be the game that GA broke through but clearly not

I wonder how much incentive played a role here? Georgia knew it was in the playoff regardless and 'Bama was fighting for their playoff life

GA plays game manager QB's. Who was the last game manager QB to win a title? At least more recently all title winners have had 1st Rd QB's. This GA dude ain't one.

No kidding.

A couple of thoughts:

'Bama has Georgia's number. I thought this would be the game that GA broke through but clearly not

I wonder how much incentive played a role here? Georgia knew it was in the playoff regardless and 'Bama was fighting for their playoff life

GA plays game manager QB's. Who was the last game manager QB to win a title? At least more recently all title winners have had 1st Rd QB's. This GA dude ain't one.

The Alabama O-line was amazingly different from last week, and our defense was up to the task.

Helluva Game BAMA!!!!!!

You see Quinn Ewers hit the transfer portal? Leaves high school a year early to sign a $1m N.I.L. deal and leaves after one season. Welcome to present day college football.

Indeed it is. Can’t really blame him though. After Strouds performance this year he would be ridding the pine for at least two more years. The Buckeyes are currently a very young team with lots of upside so though it’s never acceptable to lose to that team up north. Disappointment here isn’t to great as they more or less met expectations this year given their youth. Dey will definitely need to improve their defense. It was the teams weak point and did not live up to the Silver Bullets reputation.

But to be honest it’s going to be another 357 days before the sun rises again in Columbus.

Back