College football

Normally this time of year I'm like....not interested. It's the time of year for the greatest team sport in the world. We'll talk football in the fall. Unfortunately it's only May and my baseball season, for all intents and purposes, is over.

The season starts in 105 days!!

Here is an early, early pre-season poll to whet your appetite: http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/4-sec-teams-listed-on-fox-sports-early-top-25/
Oh wow....this is ridiculous. Exactly what I was saying 4 SEC teams front loaded in the top 10 and three of them who don't belong there. Two aren't even top 20 teams (Ole Miss and Tenn). Then you have that team up north rated over OSU and Mich State.....I mean that is beyond funny. You know Fox is trying to promote the biggest money makers and not the best teams. Ohio State at #9? That's the biggest LOL of the bunch.

They think if they front load the top 10 with 4 SEC teams it will get them more than 1 spot in the Championship playoff. It's not going to work.

I mean does anyone here seriously think Tenn could last 3 quarters with OSU? LOL The only teams that can stack up with the Buckeyes in talent are Alabama and USC. USC's ranking is a joke too.

Oh wow....this is ridiculous. Exactly what I was saying 4 SEC teams front loaded in the top 10 and three of them who don't belong there. Two aren't even top 20 teams (Ole Miss and Tenn). Then you have that team up north rated over OSU and Mich State.....I mean that is beyond funny. You know Fox is trying to promote the biggest money makers and not the best teams. Ohio State at #9? That's the biggest LOL of the bunch.

They think if they front load the top 10 with 4 SEC teams it will get them more than 1 spot in the Championship playoff. It's not going to work.

I mean does anyone here seriously think Tenn could last 3 quarters with OSU? LOL The only teams that can stack up with the Buckeyes in talent are Alabama and USC. USC's ranking is a joke too.

Except USC will be 0-1 on Sept 4th.

I think TN will be better than you think.

Except USC will be 0-1 on Sept 4th.

I think TN will be better than you think.
I doubt it. I don't think Tenn is a bad team. I just don't think they're a top ten team. Ole Miss? Meh I'd be shocked if at the end of the season that they are better than 9-3. To be honest I'll be impressed if they're an 8-4 team.

I wouldn't sell USC short. They'll give ya'll a handful. I bet when All said and done Wisconsin and/or Nebraska will be a top 20 team.

Wow...I think I see why OSU is rated 9. Brutal Schedule. Oklahoma, Wisconsin, PSU and Mich St on the road and Nebraska and Mich at home. North Western won't be a cake walk either if recent history is an indicator. If OSU can come through that with 1 loss they'll be doing good. As long as that one loss isn't to Mich or Mich St.

SEC teams playing four non-conf games may hurt them in the Playoff Polling. Bama will be in a world of hurt if they lose to USC because they play 3 patty cake non-conf opponents. Bama has a weaker schedule than OSU, USC. If Bama loses to USC and has one SEC conf loss they could be toast.

Wow...I think I see why OSU is rated 9. Brutal Schedule. Oklahoma, Wisconsin, PSU and Mich St on the road and Nebraska and Mich at home. North Western won't be a cake walk either if recent history is an indicator. If OSU can come through that with 1 loss they'll be doing good. As long as that one loss isn't to Mich or Mich St.

Nebraska? They didn't even have a winning record last year at 6-7. Whereas Ole Miss went 10-3, including a beat down on Oklahoma State.

Alabama has 4 easy games, according to what I can see. That would be Kent State, KY, and UT Chattanooga. I add Western KY, with the caveat that they went 12-2 last year.

OSU has Tulsa, Rutgers, Indianna, Nebraska and Maryland. None of those teams had a winning record last year. Alabama has 3 teams scheduled for 2016 that had a losing record last year. Neither Kent State nor Kentucky won more games than they lost. We also play UT-Chattanooga, an FCS team. So you could say that Bama has 3 teams that are creampuffs.

It seems you post off topic nonsense every time I post about college football.

Spare us the bullshit and try to stay on topic.

You thread is entitled "College Football". You said the season starts in 105 days. My question is appropriate. Until you can show me what jersey number you are in the program, spare us the "we" bullshit.

Nebraska? They didn't even have a winning record last year at 6-7. Whereas Ole Miss went 10-3, including a beat down on Oklahoma State.

Alabama has 4 easy games, according to what I can see. That would be Kent State, KY, and UT Chattanooga. I add Western KY, with the caveat that they went 12-2 last year.

OSU has Tulsa, Rutgers, Indianna, Nebraska and Maryland. None of those teams had a winning record last year. Alabama has 3 teams scheduled for 2016 that had a losing record last year. Neither Kent State nor Kentucky won more games than they lost. We also play UT-Chattanooga, an FCS team. So you could say that Bama has 3 teams that are creampuffs.

You can add the caveat with W. Kentucky. They may have gone 12-2 but they did it against teams that had a combined losing record. You mentioned OSU plays Indiana, a team that had a losing record last year. Just so you'll know, one of the team W. KY lost to last year was Indiana. That makes FOUR creampuffs for Alabama this year.

Back