College Football.....

Pretty much but, as I've said elsewhere, you have the SEC to thank for that. They were the ones that opposed being a conference champion as a requirement for being selected to the playoff. Otherwise the SEC would have difficulty trying to perpetuate the SEC mythology. That's been the best part of the playoff as it has debunked the SEC mythology.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/05/30/sec-opposes-conference-champion-only-playoff/

Horseshit. If it was the SEC not wanting the playoff to be dependent on conference championships, the SEC should be thanked.

If you want to actually determine the best team, you include the conference championships, but they are not the ONLY determining factor.

Does anyone actually believe Penn State is one of the 4 best teams in the country? Does anyone believe Norte Dame will never have one of the 4 best teams?

&@$€£¥#%. If it was the SEC not wanting the playoff to be dependent on conference championships, the SEC should be thanked.

If you want to actually determine the best team, you include the conference championships, but they are not the ONLY determining factor.

Does anyone actually believe Penn State is one of the 4 best teams in the country? Does anyone believe Norte Dame will never have one of the 4 best teams?

To answer those questions...to the first one, I don't know. They did beat the team most people think is the country's 2nd best. To the second one all I can say is, "I certainly hope not! :D"

The SEC has, and continues to, kill college football. Guess I understand it, ain't a whole lot of anything else going on in the majority of States that have SEC football teams, now maybe some day they'll get around to graduating football players

The SEC has, and continues to, kill college football. Guess I understand it, ain't a whole lot of anything else going on in the majority of States that have SEC football teams, now maybe some day they'll get around to graduating football players

Exactly how is the SEC killing football? Be specific.

Oh, and FYI, Alabama graduates football players at a rate higher than the national average for all students. Maybe you missed out starting QB being a finalist for a Rhoders Scholarship? Or the O-lineman that graduated with an accounting degree and a 4.0 average?

If you want to slam someone, at least get the facts right.

Exactly how is the SEC killing football? Be specific.

Oh, and FYI, Alabama graduates football players at a rate higher than the national average for all students. Maybe you missed out starting QB being a finalist for a Rhoders Scholarship? Or the O-lineman that graduated with an accounting degree and a 4.0 average?

If you want to slam someone, at least get the facts right.

Of course, it's much easier to get a 4.0 in the SEC than in the intellectually rich PAC-12, B1G, Northern ACC, Northern Big-12, etc.

Horseshit. If it was the SEC not wanting the playoff to be dependent on conference championships, the SEC should be thanked.

A conference championship isn't the only determining factor. That Penn State IS the conference champion and DID beat a team making the playoffs that wasn't the champion, answering your question is easy. Yes Penn State is. SEVERAL factors not just one show it.

Seems those on the selection committee that chose OSU over PSU must like holding Urban Meyer's goober in their mouth.

Last edited:

This doesn't involve karma. Karma is an individual thing. Additionally, all this broke loose before any of the current team members were at PSU. In fact, much of what Sandusky did and what Paterno covered up occurred before many of the current players were born or when they were young kids.

If you're going to use a word, at least know the definition of it and/or apply it correct. Maybe you didn't know or you're just another one that prefers to pucker up to Urban Meyer.

This doesn't involve karma. Karma is an individual thing. Additionally, all this broke loose before any of the current team members were at PSU. In fact, much of what Sandusky did and what Paterno covered up occurred before many of the current players were born or when they were young kids.

If you're going to use a word, at least know the definition of it and/or apply it correct. Maybe you didn't know or you're just another one that prefers to pucker up to Urban Meyer.

But, yeah, the CFB Committee clearly has Meyer's cock in their mouths.

I think Ohio State is the better team. Only 1 loss.

Any team can lose to any other on a given day.

Why I like a playoff. Make the playoff and your team has a chance. Glad we aren't there this year. Defense still has a ways to go to be a top team. Getting better but not there yet. But I'll pick a team and root for them in the playoffs...probably Bama...and have lots of fun doing it. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

Why I like a playoff. Make the playoff and your team has a chance. Glad we aren't there this year. Defense still has a ways to go to be a top team. Getting better but not there yet. But I'll pick a team and root for them in the playoffs...probably Bama...and have lots of fun doing it. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.
What? Rooting for Bama? Time to turn in your Golden Buckeye card pal.

Back