Compromise?

FYI - I am pro-legalizing drugs. I just don't think we should waste federal funding on treatment for idiots who choose to become adicts...

Oh, and Watermark, all of the cool students slept through DARE classes while you and I leaned forward attentively.

The majority of Americans who have smoked the peaceful drugs pot

The peaceful drugs?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/crime/youthcrime_timeline.html
“Jan. 11, 2006 - A Nova Scotia teen receives an adult sentence of four and a half years in prison for his role in the death of a Halifax woman in October 2004. Archibald Billard, 16 at the time, was high on marijuana and fleeing police in a stolen car when he crashed into Theresa McEvoy's car.”

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/george-soros-and-the-dope-lobby/
“One case, from Richardson's home state of New Mexico, involved the boy who shot his family on a ranch owned by Sam Donaldson. He was a marijuana user. The Discovery Times cable channel just re-aired a documentary about the murder of 12-year-old Polly Klass, who was abducted from a slumber party. Career criminal Richard Allen Davis was convicted of the crime and sentenced to death. But many are not aware that he said that he had been high on marijuana when he killed the girl. Davis had previously been convicted of possessing marijuana.”

http://www.schoolsecurity.org/trends/school_violence06-07.html
“December 12, 2006: Dallas, TX
Three male teens were arrested after four rounds were fired from a gun on an elementary school playground around 5:30pm, after which the males then went to a park about 500 feet away and fired again. The males, two age 14 and one age 15, were reportedly drunk and high on marijuana. One allegedly had a bag so stuffed with marijuana that it would not close. One was reportedly in a gang.“

“December 9, 2006: Newington, CT
A 16-year-old male was arrested and charged in connection with a stabbing during an altercation between groups from two schools at a high school hockey game. The suspect was found with the knife and in possession of 11 bags of marijuana, according to police.”

FYI - I am pro-legalizing drugs. I just don't think we should waste federal funding on treatment for idiots who choose to become adicts...

Oh, and Watermark, all of the cool students slept through DARE classes while you and I leaned forward attentively.

You can't force someone into treatment, but there's a definite social benefit to helping out those who want treatment but can't afford it.

Frankly, I cannot see why they're so ready to spend money on things that don't work, like prison, and don't see why they would be so wary to spend it on things that actually work.

List of things I want:

A “living” minimum wage

Legalization of marijuana and narcotics

Amnesty for illegal aliens (within reason)

To stop global warming (or at least be environmentally friendly)

Human rights for animals

To stop the war in Iraq and war in general

Public financing for political campaigns

More (intelligent) spending for public education

Lower taxes

Tighter border security

Balanced budget either with or without an amendment to the Constitution

A public education system that works

More spending for the military

Win the war in Iraq

Privatize Social Security.

Wha?

You want amnesty? That's not very fascist of you.

People have been born into this country now, and it would be stupid to send productive members of society home (referring to illegals that have been here a very long time or families of mixed legal/illegal members).

Obviously criminals should not be allowed to remain, and I would leave it to the government to decide who would be able to stay and who would have to leave the country, but it is obvious to a rational person that sending everyone back is not an option.

Back