Conservative quotes I can agree with!

Jarod

Contributor
"Those of us who oppose abortion can and should aggressively move forward with a positive adoption versus abortion campaign."

"Every time a choice is made to save an unborn baby's life, it is reason for joy"

"we must not be so much against big government and high taxes as we are in favor of higher take-home pay and more freedom."

"Let us lay to rest, once and for all, the myth of a small group of ideological purists trying to capture a majority."

"The Democratic Party turned its back on the majority of social conservatives during the 1960s"

"Government must step in when one’s liberties impinge on one’s neighbor’s. Government must protect constitutional rights, deal with other governments, protect citizens from aggressors, assure equal opportunity, and be compassionate in caring for those citizens who are unable to care for themselves. "

"Those concerns of a national character—such as air and water pollution that do not respect state boundaries, or the national transportation system, or efforts to safeguard your civil liberties—must, of course, be handled on the national level."

"Every dollar spent by government is a dollar earned by individuals."

"Conservatism is not a narrow ideology, nor is it the exclusive property of conservative activists."

"And just to set the record straight, let me say this about our friends who are now Republicans but who do not identify themselves as conservatives: I want the record to show that I do not view the new revitalized Republican Party as one based on a principle of exclusion."

Lets play a game... Assign a name to the Republican quote above... Who said what... Hint, all statements were made by a modern Republican President.

Ill make it multiple choice.....

Nixon
Ford
Reagan
Bush I
Bush II

The arrogant misplaced high regard you have for your own opinions has been noted. But I believe that your claim to agree with ALL them to be a lie.

Carry on Counselor.

"The Democratic Party turned its back on the majority of social conservatives during the 1960s"

Lets take this one by one...

What president agreed with me about the switch in the Democratic party in the 1960's?

What president agreed with me about the switch in the Democratic party in the 1960's?

Talking to yourself now; sad, but typical. After all, who but you're own self can keep up with your tireless efforts to lie, deflect, obfuscate and engage in never ending circles of stupidity right?

LMAO

my old friend... you really cannot expect to carry one a cogent discussion with these people. This is merely a place for them to hone - or in most cases, overuse - trash talking insults. Very few on the right here really give a rat's ass about talking politics.

my old friend... you really cannot expect to carry one a cogent discussion with these people. This is merely a place for them to hone - or in most cases, overuse - trash talking insults. Very few on the right here really give a rat's ass about talking politics.

Yes shit-for-brains; because lying hypocrites like you and Jarod would never act that way. You might want to read my signature....again.

Two Liberal idiots in a one-on-one circle jerk; how precious is that?

I was hoping we could get someone on here to have a discussion....

Guess I was wrong.

That quote about the 60's was Ronald Wilson Reagan.

What's the discussion here? Playing a guessing game on who said what quote? If it's trivia night at a bar and I'm drinking I guess it could be fun. Otherwise not really seeing it.

What's the discussion here? Playing a guessing game on who said what quote? If it's trivia night at a bar and I'm drinking I guess it could be fun. Otherwise not really seeing it.

I would actually like to discuss how far the Republican party has moved away from the party of Reagan. How the TEA Party is in many many ways almost opposite of what Reagan was.

LIke this quote for example....

Do you think Randall Paul or some TEA Party WACKS would go for this one....

"Let us lay to rest, once and for all, the myth of a small group of ideological purists trying to capture a majority."

I would actually like to discuss how far the Republican party has moved away from the party of Reagan. How the TEA Party is in many many ways almost opposite of what Reagan was.

My unasked for two cents; if that is your goal then I would recommend listing the quotes and saying who said them and asking do you think today's Republicans would say this as opposed to trying to get people to guess who said what.

This is pure comedy given that all Garud does is lie about what other people say, then he refuses to back up his assertions.

This is pure comedy given that all Garud does is lie about what other people say, then he refuses to back up his assertions.

I did not lie about what you said, it was a direct quote.. I even provided the context...

Butt hurt, you are!

The Butt Hurt is strong in this one!

Well they are all Reagan.

"we must not be so much against big government and high taxes as we are in favor of higher take-home pay and more freedom."

I'm amused when dishonest leftist fools pretend to care what happens to republicans; it's comedic.

An idiot said it. Anyone who believed that the Democratic Party was at some point in time a home for conservatism is incredibly stupid. Just the slew of leftist Dems stemming from Wilson and passing through FDR, Long, Wallace, Truman, Stevenson, on to JFK and LBJ is evidence of that.

Most forums its all the same, the teaparty cheerleaders insulting every post they dont agree with because they cant dispute many of the statements.
Most of the cheerleaders dont have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of and they cheerlead for the rich to shaft the working class. Hilarious and pathetic

An idiot said it. Anyone who believed that the Democratic Party was at some point in time a home for conservatism is incredibly stupid. Just the slew of leftist Dems stemming from Wilson and passing through FDR, Long, Wallace, Truman, Stevenson, on to JFK and LBJ is evidence of that.

You just called Ronald Reagan an idiot?

Back