Consumers have made the switch to electric vehicles

Imagine the biggest technology derp on this site, you Terry, saying NDT is wrong. FLOL. That is like Marjorie Greene bragging how in the intel brief over the Chinese balloon she was lecturing all the worlds top intelligence and Military experts about how they were wrong based on things she has read on the internet. :laugh:

No Tyson is not wrong as he caveats deliberately what he says with 'basically' and other such terms to ensure people (smarter than you) understand he is talking about the scale of the change, and not a complete wipe out, and he is correct. He talks about horse and buggy basically gone from "Urban centers" and you counter with non urban centers.

Yes Terry you are the biggest tech derp on this site as your entire premise for assessing ANY AND ALL emerging/new tech is 'where is it today' which you then freeze in time and say 'this will never be competitive' and you base it on never improving, costs never coming down, etc.

You have one of the most painfully dumb approaches to technology on the front ends of their mass manufacturing/consumption curves, that denies most of recorded history in that area.

Terry knows he's losing the "forced use of a technology by government" argument. No government had anything to do with Tesla's decision to make the Model Y and Model 3 as well as every major auto manufacturer making EV models.
Terry doesn't understand the difference between an incentive and a mandate. He must've graduated from Trump university.

Because if they didn't lie, they'd lose every argument. EVs are clearly better than gas cars. It's been proven over and over again.
The MAGA morons use the trump defense. Lie like shit and hope they don't notice.

Still chanting the Church of the EV scripture.

No, EVs are NOT 'better than gas cars'. They waste energy. They take a long time to charge. They are expensive. They are significant fire hazards. They require specially equipped shops to maintain them. They are easily totaled in a relatively small accident. Most of them can't tow anything. They have limited range.

Lexus and Subaru tease new sporty electric vehicles ahead of Japan Mobility Show debut

Several new electric vehicles will be shown at the Japan Mobility Show later this month. Automakers, including Subaru and Lexus, will showcase their vision for the future, and we are getting a sneak peek of what that will look like.
Japanese automakers have been some of the slowest to transition as electric vehicle sales continue climbing.
Under parent company Toyota, Lexus launched its first EV, the RZ electric SUV, late last year as a 2023 model. Through August, Lexus and Toyota have sold a combined 11,880 electric vehicles globally.
Lexus (with Toyota’s help) believes it will have more success with its next-gen EVs, with longer ranges and faster charging at less cost.
According to Lexus, future electric cars will feature “next-generation battery” tech and a slew of other design and production upgrades.
Toyota previewed its battery roadmap plans at a tech briefing over the summer. More recently, it gave us a look at its future EV production line featuring giga casting technology, self-propelled production lines, and robots to move finished vehicles.

1697051764937-png.1400621

The average EV is now $14k cheaper than a year ago in the US

Kelley Blue Book released its new vehicle average transaction price report today that shows the average price paid for an EV in September was $50,683, down from more than $65,000 a year ago.
Average EV prices are a lot cheaper now
In September, the average price paid for an electric vehicle was $50,683, down from $52,212 in August. The downward price trend overall falls in line with Tesla’s continued price cuts, notes Kelley Blue Book.
Electrek‘s Jameson Dow reported last week that Tesla’s Model 3 and Model Y are now at their lowest prices ever, and explained that “drops have also affected the rest of the EV market, as Tesla’s dominant position as the market and brand leader in EVs, along with its previously industry-high margins, mean that it has more room to prevail in a price war against other manufacturers.”
Both EV and gas car inventory started 2023 off at around 52 days’ supply. Since then, EV days’ supply dramatically increased, while gas cars sat between 52 and 58 days.
At the beginning of October, EV availability, as measured by days’ supply, was well above the industry average as product availability and EV production rapidly increases. EV supply at the start of October was 97 days, down from the peak inventory of around 111 days in early July.
Electrek’s Take
EVs are rolling off the production lines in the US and filling up those previously pandemic-empty dealership parking lots. And it’s not a large supply of just a couple options – 2023 saw the launch of around 15 brand-new EV models, according to Stephanie Valdez-Streaty, director of industry insights at Cox Automotive (Kelley Blue Book’s parent company).
More models that cost significantly less – and let’s not forget about the $7,500 federal tax credit – means more EV sales. That’s why EV sales in Q3 2023 saw a nearly 50% increase year-over-year.

— Nearly half of Americans who currently own an electric vehicle will likely switch to a gas-powered car, according to a McKinsey & Company study published this month.

Forty-six percent of electric vehicle owners told the consulting firm they would likely switch back to a more traditional car. Of the nine countries surveyed, which include Australia, Brazil, China, Germany, Norway, France, Italy and Japan, the U.S. had the second-highest percentage

One in five public EV chargers in the US do not work, adding a significant hurdle to increasing EV sales in the country, according to a new study by Harvard Business School.

The study, which collected data across the US for over a decade, found that US EV public chargers had a reliability score of just 78%.

I don’t have a breakdown for American consumers, but globally the biggest reasons for switching back were:

• Total cost of ownership too high (34.5%)
  • Cannot charge at home (33.8%)
  • Needing to worry about changing is too stressful (31.9%)
As someone who regularly borrows electric cars but cannot charge at home, I can relate to this. Public charging simply isn’t good enough for me and I live in a relatively dense urban environment.

Why 44% Of Potential Electric Car Buyers Are Postponing A Switch To EVs: Study​

EV's aren't good vehicles. The whole point of EV's is to not let people travel anywhere.
You really type the dumbest shit. They are far better than ICEs. You type dumb shit because you believe utterly and completely what energy companies and corporations that make money off ICEs say. You think Infowars, Fox and OAN are founts of truth and logic, I am sure you do not accept global warming as real either.
The point is" to not let people travel anywhere." how does that make sense? Why would someone want that? You are in highschool, aren't you?

The vandalism and other causes of charging stations not working adds costs to the program which someone must pay for.

When EV's are already very expensive life cycle and per mile.

The 100% tariff on cheap good Chinese EV's is a huge problem going forwards....American manufacturers are not remotely able to compete....we the people are made to suffer high prices by the overlords who lets face it, dont want us to own any car....too much freedom.

As for the Europeans forgetaboutit....They committed economic and social suicide on the direction of the American Empire....of which a bunch of guys on my grapevine say that the Americans destroyed Europe on purpose.

Man those Europeans sure turned out to be moronic fucks.....I got that one wrong....for over 30 years I believed in project Europe.

It adds a lot of stress, the problem seems to be getting worse, and the Regime has no solution.
The regime. You show your craziness by repeating that term . There are thousands more chargers every month. But almost every EV owner charges at home. There is no problem. I have had a hybrid car for years and not once have I used a charger other than the one in my garage. My son uses the ones at stores and restaurants to top off while he shops or eats. He does not have to. But WTF it is there and it gets you a better parking spot.

Back