Crash is an illusion

Kamala Trump

Verified User
This argument that idiots are making that the crash is somehow "not real" until you take your money out is the most fucking idiotic argument known to man. I pity those who make it out of desperation.

I have not said the crash is an illusion. I have merely stated that I have not lost monetary value unless I cash it in.

The value of the investments I have are what they are when I cash them in. What has hurt my retirement fund is the lack of growth during this time.

The same crashes in the 70s and 80s had people talking about losing tens of thousands of dollars. But the value of those investments went up afterwards.

If I have 100 shares of Company X. I bought these shares at an average price of $50 each. At the high point these shares may have been worth $500. So they were theoretically worth $50,000 when I only spent $5,000.

If the value on the market drops to $10 a share, my investment is only worth $1,000. But I have only lost $4k if I sell my shares now.

If this company does not go out of business, the value will be almost guaranteed to increase. Therefore, if I don't cash the shares in I have not lost anything substantial except the value as collateral for a loan.

Let me ask you, asshat.

If I bought 100 shares at $50 each (and don't sell now or then), and the market high was $500 each and the low was $10 each, how much have I lost?

I spent $5,000
The high was worth $50,000
The low was worth $1,000

Have I lost nothing, $4,000, $45,000 or $49,000?

I have not said the crash is an illusion. I have merely stated that I have not lost monetary value unless I cash it in.

The value of the investments I have are what they are when I cash them in. What has hurt my retirement fund is the lack of growth during this time.

The same crashes in the 70s and 80s had people talking about losing tens of thousands of dollars. But the value of those investments went up afterwards.

If I have 100 shares of Company X. I bought these shares at an average price of $50 each. At the high point these shares may have been worth $500. So they were theoretically worth $50,000 when I only spent $5,000.

If the value on the market drops to $10 a share, my investment is only worth $1,000. But I have only lost $4k if I sell my shares now.

If this company does not go out of business, the value will be almost guaranteed to increase. Therefore, if I don't cash the shares in I have not lost anything substantial except the value as collateral for a loan.

Let me ask you, asshat.

If I bought 100 shares at $50 each (and don't sell now or then), and the market high was $500 each and the low was $10 each, how much have I lost?

I spent $5,000
The high was worth $50,000
The low was worth $1,000

Have I lost nothing, $4,000, $45,000 or $49,000?

SO i guess the crash really isn't real then?

If the mortgage on my house is 300k and the bank holds that mortgage in these wonderful modern day securities and the house is now worth 200k that is a real loss. If I default on the load the bank holds a house worth 200k or less and the people swapping around all these wonderful mortgage backed securities are holding lots of paper with less value. If the lender makes a call to the securities insurer - well you see what happens then. If my contribution to my 401k was 250k and it rose to 300k these past ten years but now is worth 200k that is great loss of time and of interest had I put it in bonds or stuffed it in the mattress. My buying decisions are premised on that value and on my saving, if those values go down my buying decisions are affected. So the avalanche begins....I spoke to a guy today who told me they lost the last two weeks what most people make in a lifetime.

I spoke to a guy today who told me they lost the last two weeks what most people make in a lifetime.
//

How does that go ?
ohh yeah.

My face is awash with tears for him.

I have maintained a strict distance from my 401k. I haven't borrowed against it.

Asshat, you forgot to tell me how much lost?

If none of these losses are real or significant, im suprised the global economy is about to collapse. Your stupidity is merely stupidity.

I didn't finish reading your assinine story problem, honestly. It's irrelevant.

If none of these losses are real or significant, im suprised the global economy is about to collapse. Your stupidity is merely stupidity.

I didn't finish reading your assinine story problem, honestly. It's irrelevant.

Yeah, its always best to ignore what you don't understand or cannot explain.

Besides, you can always just label it fascist.

Back