Decent Debate

cawacko

I just wasted an hour and a half of my life watching the Presidential debate. I thought both candidates performed fine. Of course how each of us will judge it depends on the answers we like hearing. Each essentially said the same thing they've said over and over on the campaign trial. Nothing really new. Can't see this changing anyone's mind as to who to vote for except maybe someone who hasn't tuned into the election until today.

Am I the only one who noticed that during much of the debate, McCain sounded as if he was having trouble breathing?

Well, anyway, Obama won the debate, and how you can be certain of this is that Pat Buchanon, whom the "liberal" MSNBC pays to schill for the Republican party, said that he lost it on points, but it won't change the polls.

Yeah, that is because he didn't lose it, but collect your pay check and come back tomorrow anyway Pat.

I don't even want to say what I think of Obama so far, his campaign, and his own conduct through it all, because i would be afraid to jinx this.

One other thing I noticed was that Michelle did not look too tickled to have to say hi to johnny after he said hello to her, and I don't blame her. I think theyr'e trying to get her husband killed, imagine what she feels?? She must want to personally clean a parking lot with Palin's face, and she obviously has no respect left for John McCain. And she's not alone.

She does however, have the most heart in the game, since she obviously still loves her husband.

I don't think that McCain said or did anything that will change all that much and thus we may as well begin saying President Elect Obama.

"That one."

I don't think it will play well.

I did like the little chart that CNN puts below the picture showing how the uncommitted voters in Ohio were responding in real time.

Am I the only one who noticed that during much of the debate, McCain sounded as if he was having trouble breathing?

Well, anyway, Obama won the debate, and how you can be certain of this is that Pat Buchanon, whom the "liberal" MSNBC pays to schill for the Republican party, said that he lost it on points, but it won't change the polls.

Yeah, that is because he didn't lose it, but collect your pay check and come back tomorrow anyway Pat.

I don't even want to say what I think of Obama so far, his campaign, and his own conduct through it all, because i would be afraid to jinx this.

One other thing I noticed was that Michelle did not look too tickled to have to say hi to johnny after he said hello to her, and I don't blame her. I think theyr'e trying to get her husband killed, imagine what she feels?? She must want to personally clean a parking lot with Palin's face, and she obviously has no respect left for John McCain. And she's not alone.

She does however, have the most heart in the game, since she obviously still loves her husband.

Obama won because you like what he said or because he's a liberal?

It was his denture whistle. Bothered me too.

i actually think mccain may have won.. and i certainly am growing tired of obama lying abut not going to raise taxes. he said no tax increases for anyone making under 250k... what the fuck is the cap gains tax hes talking about then?

McCain also lies about only 5% of population with golden ticket company insurance as only ones that will lose on his healthcare scam. bullshit.

They both did ok. McCain looked awkward alot of the time and as Damo said, calling a sitting senator "That One" will not play well and if the shoes were on the other feet the Republicans would be screaming in the spin room

I just wasted an hour and a half of my life watching the Presidential debate. I thought both candidates performed fine. Of course how each of us will judge it depends on the answers we like hearing. Each essentially said the same thing they've said over and over on the campaign trial. Nothing really new. Can't see this changing anyone's mind as to who to vote for except maybe someone who hasn't tuned into the election until today.

They basically found very long ways of saying things so vague that they were ultimately meaningless. People don't vote for issues anymore. They don't vote for change. They vote for a brand. Like, I'm voting for the Republicans because they love families. Or I'm voting for Democrats because they're not Republicans. The two party system has produced two parties with no goal in the world besides to attain and keep power.

I don't think that McCain said or did anything that will change all that much and thus we may as well begin saying President Elect Obama.

"That one."

I don't think it will play well.

I did like the little chart that CNN puts below the picture showing how the uncommitted voters in Ohio were responding in real time.

did you notice how they turned off during attacks

it may be that undecided voters do not like the attack ads

the chart was fun to watch though

McCain sounded good and specific on spending.

On every other question, they were both professional circle-talkers.

I really loved the part on Pakistan.

Obama was like "Yep I'm gonna bomb n kill a buncha people if they don't heed to our demand! If that inspires an Islamic revolution in Pakistan that deposes the democratic government and replaces it with something like in Iran, then so what! At least I'll have a tough talking point."

McCain was like "I have a secret plan against Osama, ya see, but I can't tell you because of national security and such, so just trust me *wink*"

I thought it was hilarious how Brokaw asked the priority order of Healthcare, Energy Independence, and Entitlement Reform, and what did Barack do? Replaced Entitlement Reform with Education.

It's the 800 lb gorrilla no one wants to touch, but I'm glad McCain at least poked at it. He sounded much better tonight than he has in the past at illustrating precisely what differentiates him from Obama and what (if any) economic policies he might have.

I thought it was hilarious how Brokaw asked the priority order of Healthcare, Energy Independence, and Entitlement Reform, and what did Barack do? Replaced Entitlement Reform with Education.

It's the 800 lb gorrilla no one wants to touch, but I'm glad McCain at least poked at it. He sounded much better tonight than he has in the past at illustrating precisely what differentiates him from Obama and what (if any) economic policies he might have.

Entitlements should be reformed by raising taxes and making them more complete.

Entitlements should be reformed by raising taxes and making them more complete.

They don't have to be. There are lot of other options and what we will end up doing will be a combination of cutting benefits and raising taxes.

Raising the age of eligibility for Social Security is the most rational and obvious thing to do, but it's so politically unpopular and the AARP is so strong I don't see how it will happen.

Back