defining the atheist life....

An atheist does not try to make a "guess" about the existence of God. They merely ask, "do you have any evidence to the claim that you god exists?"

BULLSHIT!

Most atheists actually assert that there are no gods. Obviously they cannot know that...and it cannot be derived from logic or science. So...all they are doing is making a guess.

Theists call their guesses "beliefs."

Atheists should too.

BULLSHIT!

Most atheists actually assert that there are no gods. Obviously they cannot know that...and it cannot be derived from logic or science. So...all they are doing is making a guess.

Atheists should too.

I do not agree. And I think there is not one position called atheism.

That troll has no idea who Kant is.

I do not bother to read about Ayn Rand, but it did not seem to pass the sniff test that history's most greedy capitalist would find a soul mate in a philosopher who was so deeply concerned with morality and categorical imperatives.

I do not bother to read about Ayn Rand, but it did not seem to pass the sniff test that history's most greedy capitalist would find a soul mate in a philosopher who was so deeply concerned with morality and categorical imperatives.

Yes. That troll thought nobody would know who Kant is.

I have never paid attention to Ayn Rand, but in this video she says straight from her own mouth she despises Kant, she says Kant is evil, she says Kant is worse than Karl Marx.
Rand is notorious for her misinterpretation of Kant. If Rand kant comprehend Kant, she certainly kant understand Marx.

BULLSHIT!

Atheists should too.

Do you speak for all atheists?

Rand is notorious for her misinterpretation of Kant. If Rand kant comprehend Kant, she certainly kant understand Marx.

Welcome here

Glad to see you posting

I hope my invective doesn’t scare you

It’s for humor and shaming of liars

Hang in there dude and stick arround

I disagree with your conclusion. I believe what most human seem hardwired to do is to grasp for a supernatural answer to those things they don't understand. God is, was and has always been the easy answer.

I can respect that.

It might be possible the universe popped into existence from a quantum fluctuation, and all of reality just consists of quarks, leptons, and bosons.

I do not rule it out as a possibility.

On the other hand there might be a deeper spritual truth, a creative force, an ultimate reality beyond our sensory perception and beyond our ability to reason which will ever remain incomprehensible to us.

I believe that is why so many scramble to claim the agnostic label, rather than the atheist label. We retain that uncertainty no matter how small. And the fact that it crosses all cultures and and all history suggests to me that this intuition is evolutionary.

I can respect that.

It might be possible the universe popped into existence from a quantum fluctuation, and all of reality consists of quarks, leptons, and bosons.

I do not rule it out as a possibility.

On the other hand there might be a deeper spritual truth, a creative force, an ultimate reality beyond our sensory perception and ability to reason which will ever remain incomprehensible to us.

I believe that is why so many scramble to claim the agnostic label, rather than the atheist label. We retain that uncertainty no matter how small. And the fact that it crosses all cultures and and all history suggests to me that this intuition is evolutionary.

Agnostics are just sceptics.

Kant & Rand on Rationality & Reality
Dana Andreicut tells us about their philosophical differences and similiarities.
Ayn Rand’s 1957 novel Atlas Shrugged has recently made a comeback after more than half a century, largely due to the financial crisis and the reassessment of capitalism brought about by it. The novel presents a provocative thought experiment: industrious free-market proponents oppose an all-encroaching authoritarian government by going on strike. Production and innovation grind to a halt, leaving a crumbling American society behind.

Whilst timely in its exposure of an old battle between left and right, the novel goes much deeper than that. The book in fact brings to the fore an interesting philosophical dispute between Rand and one of modern philosophy’s finest, Immanuel Kant. The two have often been portrayed as philosophical opponents. What scholars have failed to reveal, however, is how much the two share when it comes to the nature of rationality and the self.

It's difficult to have morals with Kant's free will on pleasure.

Btw, Rand was a hypocrite on her version of capitalism.

Back