defining the atheist life....

There is no such thing as an 'atheist life' It's like saying there is an 'I don't believe in Santa' life. I realize that some people treat atheism as a religion, but it is not, and those folks are misguided. Atheism is an ABSENCE of belief. Christians are all atheists as well, I just believe in one fewer God than they do.

Atheism is not always "the absence of belief."

Many atheists (perhaps ALL atheists) BELIEVE that there are no gods...or BELIEVE it is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one.

Many atheists (perhaps ALL atheists) BELIEVE that there are no gods...or BELIEVE it is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one.

I don't see how that informs their world view any more than not believing in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or the tooth fairy informs their world view. I can speak only for myself, but my 'absence of belief' is passive. So saying I believe there is no God is no different than me saying I don't believe in God. It's a distinction without a difference.

I don't have a problems with gods. I just don't believe in the Christian god.

Hmm. More likely something else less easily diagnosed and fixed by going to church... marital issues, financial and/or career problems, or just clinical depression.

Yeah sure. You never met her, so you opinion is totally valid while mine isn't. /sarcasm

I am not an atheist, and if asked I would mostly gravitate to agnosticism - which to me is the correct posture based on reason. Unequivocal certainty and definitive belief or denial of a higher reality, a spiritual truth is not a mark of reason or the scientific mind, imo.

I think most atheists keep to themselves. There are a small minority who relentlessly troll Christians, but those types are more anti-Christian than they are disinterested atheists.

On the flipside, some bible thumpers deserve to get trolled.

do you think we have any bible thumpers on this board?......

There is no such thing as an 'atheist life' It's like saying there is an 'I don't believe in Santa' life. I realize that some people treat atheism as a religion, but it is not, and those folks are misguided. Atheism is an ABSENCE of belief. Christians are all atheists as well, I just believe in one fewer God than they do.

why turn this thread into yet another complaint about what you think Christians should be?.....

since the board atheists felt the need to start a thread defining Christian life, I felt it only fair we have a thread to give balance.....

what do we know about atheists......
1) they are forced to struggle through life with no guidance other than their own feeble imaginations........
2) they feel compelled to criticize what everyone besides themselves believe.....

feel free to discuss.....

This opinion is what makes people dislike Christians who feel they are better than everyone else who dosent grovel to their particular stripe of sad religion

You believe all people have no morals and have feeble imaginations

You display that in volume here

Mankind is not evil and feeble minded like you claim

You can’t even follow Jesus’s teaching on an internets chat site

We know you don’t do it in real life

This opinion is what makes people dislike Christians who feel they are better than everyone else who dosent grovel to their particular stripe of sad religion

He takes his guidance from a 2,000 script written by a bunch of ignoramuses. And he thinks WE have no guidance. ROTFLFMAO!!!

When my son was running track in middle school I had a discussion with one of the other parents at a meet. An extremely attractive young mother. Out of the blue she started talking about her atheism. I just listened and didn't interject my beliefs at all. After a lengthy train of thought she commented on how peaceful it must be to be a Christian. I just nodded my head in agreement.

If they are so happy with their beliefs, why do they insist on questioning them?

You spoke of one person and then reflected that on to millions of humans

If you are even telling the truth

You people lie about black people here all day long

You are not very Christlike here

Why should we believe your claims

You spoke of one person and then reflected that on to millions of humans

If you are even telling the truth

You people lie about black people here all day long

You are not very Christlike here

Why should we believe your claims

He's lying. Jesus would be sad.

you see what I mean?......atheists cannot resist the urge to tell other's what is wrong with their lives......

You believe all people have no morals

I think I have been consistently specific on this issue since I first came here.......having taught ethics in the secondary level of learning I have always pointed out that everyone has a moral code......even Hannibal Lector acted in accordance with what he considered acceptable behavior.......obviously there is disagreement between individuals as to what those standards should be and I am certain very few agree with him that cannibalism is acceptable and should be a shared, societal moral standard......

I do not believe all of mankind are evil and feeble minded......I think there are very few of you.......

Back