Definition Of A Gun Hoarder

gui1tars

Vote Early And Often
I don't think there is an absolute definition of a "gun hoarder" as much as some might like there to be. But one thing is for certain. They do exist and many times they are quite dangerous to themselves, their families and to society in general.

A gun hoarder might be someone that only owns one gun or even none at all but is obsessed with getting one or more. A gun hoarder may demonstrate neuroses of other descriptions and severity. I believe a gun hoarder is a very fearful and cowardly person and sometimes feels comforted by owning and/or wearing a gun or guns. Gun hoarders are most certainly intent on exponentially and inexplicably growing their "collections" or at least their obsessions for them. Many of them are the proverbial "gun nuts", but not all. Some of them would be terrified at the sound of a single shot coming from one of their own guns. It's the gun hoarder that insists on terrorizing those around him by wearing and seemingly carelessly handling and using the weapons that I am most concerned with.

The public display by any individual not a law enforcement officer or a military person carrying a gun is certainly a threat whether they believe themselves to be or not. Recent tragedies bear that threat out quite clearly. Hopefully the laws will be carefully debated and written to somehow limit these people that insist on terrorizing the rest of us. I know that I will be agitating for that legislation and in the meantime I will be doing my very best to neutralize and eliminate any threat that I might perceive by anyone that I see carrying or potentially creating havoc with firearms in any way. I remain and insist on being an unarmed stand your grounder on this issue.

I hope the gunslingers understand my position as they can only pray that I understand theirs. Gunslingers generally don't have morals or qualms so I don't have much faith in them. There will be a better day coming for those of us that feel much as I do. And especially for those children that really don't understand the dangers of the real world gunslinger. America can and WILL do better.

It's a rather frightening senario I would say when the argument is the federal government needs to come to the home of gun hoarders and do psychological tests on them yet there is no definition of a gun hoarder. I could name a number of other issues where I can't quite imagine you saying you would grant the federal government the powers you want to in this instance.

It's a rather frightening senario I would say when the argument is the federal government needs to come to the home of gun hoarders and do psychological tests on them yet there is no definition of a gun hoarder. I could name a number of other issues where I can't quite imagine you saying you would grant the federal government the powers you want to in this instance.

I'm not asking the Federal Government to do anything beyond protecting MY OWN rights and general welfare as the Constitution requires. If this includes locking up gun nut criminals and the stripping away of a few gun nut's weapons then so be it. That will not be my personal call but I will be in full support for the coming new efforts to subdue the criminal elements in our society that tend to terrorize us all. Until then I'll use whatever laws I can to eliminate any threat to me, my family or any other innocent person as I see the threat to be.

I'm not asking the Federal Government to do anything beyond protecting MY OWN rights and general welfare as the Constitution requires. If this includes locking up gun nut criminals and the stripping away of a few gun nut's weapons then so be it. That will not be my personal call but I will be in full support for the coming new efforts to subdue the criminal elements in our society that tend to terrorize us all. Until then I'll use whatever laws I can to eliminate any threat to me, my family or any other innocent person as I see the threat to be.

That would be around 148,031,838 US citizens that you refer to as "a few". :D

A 2011 Gallup poll estimates that 47 percent of US households own a gun.

That would be around 148,031,838 US citizens that you refer to as "a few". :D

A 2011 Gallup poll estimates that 47 percent of US households own a gun.

I am one of those gun owners. I have several, possibly many of them. I don't choose to carry them in otherwise peaceful environments. And I don't need that pecker extension that the low self esteem cowboys need in wearing that phallic symbol on their hips. They are disgusting and cowardly to say the very least.

I am one of those gun owners. I have several, possibly many of them. I don't choose to carry them in otherwise peaceful environments. And I don't need that pecker extension that the low self esteem cowboys need in wearing that phallic symbol on their hips. They are disgusting and cowardly to say the very least.
It goes deeper than that. Those who carry a gun in public are HOPING that something will happen that requires them to be a hero.

It puts them in a position where they don't have to use reason/logic in the event that something does happen. They just get to act out their fantasy.

And that's a bad mindset for society.

It goes deeper than that. Those who carry a gun in public are HOPING that something will happen that requires them to be a hero.

It puts them in a position where they don't have to use reason/logic in the event that something does happen. They just get to act out their fantasy.

I believe your thoughts on this to be exactly and precisely correct, Althea. The low self esteemers are not known for thinking or reasoning at anytime, are they? Incapable thus the low opinions of one's self?

Those who carry a gun in public are HOPING that something will happen that requires them to be a hero.

You mean they are looking for an excuse to kill someone? Like George Zimmerman?

so only YOUR rights matter and to hell with anyones elses rights, is that what you're saying?

So you are advocating locking people up who have committed no crimes other than your loose definition of being a "gun hoarder" which in your very post you say doesn't require owning a gun

How Stalinist of you.

Ironic that you own more than one gun yet in your OP you are a gun hoarder subject to imprisonment.

What a nimrod you are.

Is this your opinion or can you cite proof of this assertion?

So you are advocating locking people up who have committed no crimes other than your loose definition of being a "gun hoarder" which in your very post you say doesn't require owning a gun

How Stalinist of you.

I've never said anything of the kind. Why do you hate America so?

Back