“DEI Hire” is the new racial slur.

Harris is a DEI hire. Full stop. A large part of brandons cabinet are/were DEI hires including that little elf that lies for him during press conferences.
Now go back to polishing your phone skills.
I understand he did include a lot of dark skinned people, and you “DEI hire” is more acceptable than calling them niggers.

It's not about race, it's about competence. Saying someone is a DEI hire--be they a minority, female, handicapped, veteran, or whatever--is saying they weren't hired for their competence and ability but rather to fill a company quota, check a box on a government form, or some other stupidity.

It's not about race, it's about competence. Saying someone is a DEI hire--be they a minority, female, handicapped, veteran, or whatever--is saying they weren't hired for their competence and ability but rather to fill a company quota, check a box on a government form, or some other stupidity.
See Jarod, same thing.

I hear this term being thrown around by Trumppers, to describe any dark skinned person with a good job. Sick!
The President of one of my firm's competitors is of Japanesse decent and is active on social media (LinkedIn). I've met him at a couple of events but I don't know him well. He regularly posts about new hires his firm makes. And probably a half dozen times (five of the peoples black) when he uses hash tags after the intro he say #diversity #equity #inclusion.

He'll post the person's picture so we can see what they look like. And there has been a big movement in CRE to diversify the industry. But I always wondered why he would state #DEI because it almost seems to imply these people were hired for that reason.

I'm not justifying the use of the term towards Kamala, but when people talk about and promote DEI and all that it entails you can't be shocked either when it gets used in certain ways.

In politics though the VP has never been strictly about the "most qualified". It's always about who will best round out the ticket (aka checking boxes). In recent times Obama, being young and black, picked the old white guy (Biden). Trump picked Pence because Pence carried weight with evangelicals (who had initial doubts about Trump). Biden picked Harris because she was younger, woman and of color. Harris VP choices, at least being rumored, are all white men (strategically).

I suppose you can say Trump didn't care about rounding out the ticket with Vance as he really doesn't bring anything to table that Trump didn't already.

Last edited:
In politics though the VP has never been strictly about the "most qualified". It's always about who will best round out the ticket (aka checking boxes). In recent times Obama, being young and black, picked the old white guy (Biden). Trump picked Pence because Pence carried weight with evangelicals (who had initial doubts about Trump). Biden picked Harris because she was younger, woman and of color. Harris VP choices, at least being rumored, are all white men (strategically).

I suppose you can say Trump didn't care about rounding out the ticket with Vance as he really doesn't bring anything to table that Trump didn't already.

I wonder...

Will Harris pick a VP capable of doing the job because she can't and just let her VP choice do all the heavy lifting...? Maybe she'll pick a highly competent White guy like Kelly for just that reason...

I wonder...

Will Harris pick a VP capable of doing the job because she can't and just let her VP choice do all the heavy lifting...? Maybe she'll pick a highly competent White guy like Kelly for just that reason...
Ultimately, the higher levels you get (business, gov’t etc.) the easier it is to be exposed if you can’t handle the position (no matter who you are).

The risk Republicans make is setting the bar so low for Harris that she’s going to look a lot better if she doesn’t fall flat (which she likely won’t).

I hear this term being thrown around by Trumppers, to describe any dark skinned person with a good job. Sick!
it's just the new reality.

you can't lie forever.

socially promoting people means poorer performance in society, and "DEI Hire" being a legitimate concern.

karma is more instant than people imagine.

Ultimately, the higher levels you get (business, gov’t etc.) the easier it is to be exposed if you can’t handle the position (no matter who you are).

The risk Republicans make is setting the bar so low for Harris that she’s going to look a lot better if she doesn’t fall flat (which she likely won’t).
Actually, I would expect her to be worse than Obama.

Biden makes bad decisions and is an idiot, dementia aside. Obama on the other hand, is great as an 'ideas' and pitchman but completely incompetent in carrying any idea out. He leaves, and expects, others to pick up the slack and do the heavy lifting. So, he can come up with some idea, and sell it, but then he needs people who can carry it out and that's his weak spot. He can't pick people who are competent with any degree of certainty, and cannot force others to carry out his idea.

For example he pitched Obamacare. Lots of excitement in the Democrat party and on the Left for it. They had a supermajority in Congress to get it passed. Then came actually writing the bill and passing it. Obama did none of that. He couldn't get Republicans onboard for it, and got his ass handed to him trying because now he had to produce actual results.
Others in the Democrat party wrote a bill that wasn't what the original idea intended, and the passage was barely accomplished. The passed bill was a disaster on roll out and everybody hated it. It cost Obama Congress and any goodwill he'd banked to that point. Great pitchman, lousy leader and manager. Hey, the world needs pitchmen too, and Obama is great at that. But that's all he's good at.

Harris on the other hand has little experience in any of the workings of legislative and executive governance and politics. That's not the realm of prosecutors, and as a Senator she was a total mess and flop. So, she can't pitch some idea effectively and whatever she decides needs be done she has no experience as a leader / executive in making it happen.
So, what you'll get is some half assed idea that she was sold on executed in a sloppy and disastrous way. She comes out looking like shit and her popularity declines precipitously. Given her personality, the outcome of that is her administration is utterly toxic and she flails to place the blame on others. Her poll numbers tank and that's that.
Congress gets handed to the Republicans and they start pounding her politically.

Harris is a DEI hire. Full stop. A large part of brandons cabinet are/were DEI hires including that little elf that lies for him during press conferences.
Now go back to polishing your phone skills.
Is Tim Scott a DEI hire?

Sorry, but he is the only Black Republican Senator from all 50 states I could use as an example!

Back