“DEI Hire” is the new racial slur.

I’m in no way saying she should be President or would be a good President. I’m talking about the DEI claims and setting a very low bar. From a political strategy perspective that comes with risk.
DEI often does set a low bar, or even no bar to entry. What's important under DEI is equity, inclusion, and meeting quotas. It has nothing to do with competence, ability, or productivity.

When you call a qualified person of color a DEI hire, and you mean it as an insult, it is racist.
Not necessarily. That can also imply any pushback to DEI programs are racist, which is not the case.

When you push DE&I and claim we have these people because of DE&I, you can’t also be all that mad at someone who says a person is a DE&I hire.

But it’s not black and white for every single case. There anre elements of gray involved.

DEI often does set a low bar, or even no bar to entry. What's important under DEI is equity, inclusion, and meeting quotas. It has nothing to do with competence, ability, or productivity.
It depends how it is used. For example, marketing and reaching out to historically marginalized groups is not a bad thing. It’s a good thing. That’s more the dictionary definition of the terms.

How certain programs get implemented can involve lowering of standards and that’s where there is rightfully pushback.

But people are falling into the trap of thinking any minority (black people really) aren’t or can’t be qualified on their own. That’s the mistake.

Probably wont be long before it becomes illegal to point out that someone is incompetent, that they were chosen to fill a quota/mandate.

This dark age just keeps getting worse.

Not necessarily. That can also imply any pushback to DEI programs are racist, which is not the case.

When you push DE&I and claim we have these people because of DE&I, you can’t also be all that mad at someone who says a person is a DE&I hire.

But it’s not black and white for every single case. There anre elements of gray involved.
When you say it as an insult, it’s most likely because you’re suggesting nobody of there race could be qualified.

It depends how it is used. For example, marketing and reaching out to historically marginalized groups is not a bad thing. It’s a good thing. That’s more the dictionary definition of the terms.

How certain programs get implemented can involve lowering of standards and that’s where there is rightfully pushback.

But people are falling into the trap of thinking any minority (black people really) aren’t or can’t be qualified on their own. That’s the mistake.
If you are suggesting that a person of color could never meet the qualifications, that is racist.

Back