Democrat corruption on the rise. Blagojevich

That's a pretty simplistic exaggeration. There is no cookie cutter for one party rule throughout history, and I would disagree that we "get screwed" every time.

Go back and take a look at how the economy performed during one party rule....

Clinton in 93/94
Carter 77-80
Kennedy/Johnson 61-68
Ike 53-54
Truman 45-46 and 49-53
FDR 33-44
Coolidge/Hoover 26-30

One of Rahms associates (not sure how close) is supposedly the one that wore the wire that helped take him down. According to the article he was helping the Feds. That is the only connection I have seen. So if anything the very loose connection to Obama has done the right thing.

Completely seperate from the above.... my money is now on Jesse Jackson Jr. getting the seat.

Unbelievable. From the criminal complaint:

Defendants ROD BLAGOJEVICH and JOHN HARRIS, together with
others, attempted to use ROD BLAGOJEVICH’s authority to appoint a United States Senator for the purpose of obtaining personal benefits for ROD BLAGOJEVICH, including, among other things, appointment as Secretary of Health & Human Services in the President-elect’s administration, and alternatively, a lucrative job which they schemed to induce a union to
provide to ROD BLAGOJEVICH in exchange for appointing as senator an individual whom ROD BLAGOJEVICH and JOHN HARRIS believed to be favored by union officials and their associates.

[snip]

Intercepted phone calls demonstrate that ROD BLAGOJEVICH, JOHN
HARRIS, and others have engaged and are engaged in efforts to obtain personal gain, including financial gain, for the benefit of ROD BLAGOJEVICH and his family through the corrupt use of ROD BLAGOJEVICH’s authority as Governor of the State of Illinois to fill the vacant United States Senate Seat previously held by the President-elect.

[snip]

During the course of this investigation, agents have intercepted a series of
communications regarding the efforts of ROD BLAGOJEVICH, JOHN HARRIS, and others to misuse this power to obtain personal gain, including financial gain, for ROD BLAGOJEVICH and his family. In particular, ROD BLAGOJEVICH has been intercepted conspiring to trade the senate seat for particular positions that the President-elect has the power to appoint (e.g. the Secretary of Health and Human Services). ROD BLAGOJEVICH has also been intercepted conspiring to sell the Senate seat in exchange for his wife’s
placement on paid corporate boards or ROD BLAGOJEVICH’s placement at a private foundation in a significant position with a substantial salary. ROD BLAGOJEVICH has also been intercepted conspiring to sell the Senate seat in exchange for millions of dollars in funding for a non-profit organization that he would start and that would employ him at a substantial salary after he left the governorship.

[snip]

Later on November 3, 2008, ROD BLAGOJEVICH spoke with Advisor A.
By this time, media reports indicated that Senate Candidate 1, an advisor to the President-elect,was interested in the Senate seat if it became vacant, and was likely to be supported by the President-elect. During the call, ROD BLAGOJEVICH stated, “unless I get something real good for [Senate Candidate 1], shit, I’ll just send myself, you know what I’m saying.” ROD BLAGOJEVICH later stated, “I’m going to keep this Senate option for me a real
possibility, you know, and therefore I can drive a hard bargain. You hear what I’m saying. And if I don’t get what I want and I’m not satisfied with it, then I’ll just take the Senate seat myself.” Later, ROD BLAGOJEVICH stated that the Senate seat “is a fucking valuable thing, you just don’t give it away for nothing.”

[snip]

And it goes on from there. He's a scumbag and an idiot and will go down in flames. It looks like Obama and his team refused to play ball and quite probably turned him in.

Edit: Paragraphs 89 and on are the meat. It is pretty rigoddamndiculous.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/acrobat/2008-12/43789434.pdf

Last edited:
Pat Quinn is pretty good, at least so far. He's been trying to stay out of the fray as much as possible, without dealing directly with whether or not he would be indicted.

I voted for Blogo figuring he'd get arrested before Jim Ryan, the R running. I was right. We don't get two 'bad' choices, we have to decide which we think will be punished first.

millions can only hope that they can tie tyrant daley to this.

Unlikely, they don't like each other. On the other hand, lots of Daley's cronies have already fallen to the Fitzgerald and were used against Blogo. Including Rezko.

Last edited:
"Go back and take a look at how the economy performed during one party rule....

Clinton in 93/94 "

That's inane. We were coming out of a recession, and those years marked the beginning of a remarkable recovery.

One party rule in the early 90's did not "screw" us, fool.

Frickin unbelievable:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081209...probe/print;_ylt=AvP.fxNh69hGqsXFiZCqDKhH2ocA

I thought it would be from earlier, but no, he's still turning it out. Fool, it's been obvious he was target for years:

Ill. Gov. arrested in Obama successor probe

By MIKE ROBINSON, Associated Press Writer
5 mins ago
CHICAGO – Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was arrested Tuesday on charges of conspiring to get financial benefits through his authority to appoint a U.S. senator to fill the vacancy left by Barack Obama's election as president.
According to a federal criminal complaint, Blagojevich also was charged with illegally threatening to withhold state assistance to Tribune Co., the owner of the Chicago Tribune, in the sale of Wrigley Field. In return for state assistance, Blagojevich allegedly wanted members of the paper's editorial board who had been critical of him fired.
A 76-page FBI affidavit said the 51-year-old Democratic governor was intercepted on court-authorized wiretaps over the last month conspiring to sell or trade the vacant Senate seat for personal benefits for himself and his wife, Patti.
The affidavit said Blagojevich discussed getting a substantial salary for himself at a nonprofit foundation or an organization affiliated with labor unions.
It said Blagojevich also talked about getting his wife placed on corporate boards where she might get $150,000 a year in director's fees.
He also allegedly discussed getting campaign funds for himself or possibly a post in the president's cabinet or an ambassadorship once he left the governor's office.
"I want to make money," the affidavit quotes him as saying in one conversation....

My morning is shot reading the criminal complaint:

ROD BLAGOJEVICH said that the consultants (Advisor B and another
consultant are believed to be on the call at that time) are telling him that he has to “suck it up” for two years and do nothing and give this “motherfucker [the President-elect] his senator. Fuck him. For nothing? Fuck him.” ROD BLAGOJEVICH states that he will put “[Senate Candidate 4]” in the Senate “before I just give fucking [Senate Candidate 1] a fucking Senate seat and I don’t get anything.” (Senate Candidate 4 is a Deputy Governor of the State of Illinois).

Hmmmm, referring to the president-elect as "this motherf***er." Now there's how you win friends and influence people.

"Go back and take a look at how the economy performed during one party rule....

Clinton in 93/94 "

That's inane. We were coming out of a recession, and those years marked the beginning of a remarkable recovery.

One party rule in the early 90's did not "screw" us, fool.

As for 'coming out of a recession' ... if you believe that then the only fool here is you. The recession was in 1990 and ended in 1991. The economy was out of the recession long before Clinton took office in 1993. The market was positive in 91/92/93 and turned slightly negative in 94. They attempted to screw us with Hillarycare and got trounced in 94 as a result.

Side note... please don't pretend that anything any of the politicians did had anything to do with the tech/telecom/internet/biotech booms.

Go back and take a look at how the economy performed during one party rule....

Clinton in 93/94
Carter 77-80
Kennedy/Johnson 61-68
Ike 53-54
Truman 45-46 and 49-53
FDR 33-44
Coolidge/Hoover 26-30

Turbo-libs like me care about alot more than equity returns. Like booting the Nazi prison industrial complex for profit boys out on their ass. That's one party progress.:pke:

As for 'coming out of a recession' ... if you believe that then the only fool here is you. The recession was in 1990 and ended in 1991. The economy was out of the recession long before Clinton took office in 1993. The market was positive in 91/92/93 and turned slightly negative in 94. They attempted to screw us with Hillarycare and got trounced in 94 as a result.

Side note... please don't pretend that anything any of the politicians did had anything to do with the tech/telecom/internet/biotech booms.

Idiot. Such an idiot. You would have us believe that one party control for a year and a half made the economy turn "slightly negative" in '94, before the GOP came in & saved the day with split gov't.

Hillarycare was opposed by members of both parties, and in case you didn't notice, it didn't pass through Congress. So, you're argument that one party control "screwed" us in 92-94 comes from...where again?

And I wouldn't give any politicians real credit for the tech boom, though I would say that some of the efforts made to balance budgets & encourage start-ups were not completely inconsequential.

Idiot. Such an idiot. You would have us believe that one party control for a year and a half made the economy turn "slightly negative" in '94, before the GOP came in & saved the day with split gov't.

Hillarycare was opposed by members of both parties, and in case you didn't notice, it didn't pass through Congress. So, you're argument that one party control "screwed" us in 92-94 comes from...where again?

And I wouldn't give any politicians real credit for the tech boom, though I would say that some of the efforts made to balance budgets & encourage start-ups were not completely inconsequential.

LMAO... you were WRONG to state that we were coming out of a recession.

You were WRONG to state that 'those years marked the beginning of a remarkable recovery' which they did not.

They tried to screw us over with the big government approach and they got their ass kicked for it.

Side note... I never said the Reps came in and saved the day or any such nonsense. But from that point on, you had more balanced approaches to governing. The budget fights between the two parties led us to reducing the deficit spending to the point that they almost became revenue neutral in 2000.

Who is Senate Candidate 5?

View attachment 111

(clockwise from left) US Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. of Chicago; Tammy Duckworth, who heads Illinois’s Veterans Affairs Department; Illinois Senate President Emil Jones; Rep. Jan Schakowsky of Evanston; and state Attorney General Lisa Maigan. (AP/File)

Please let it be Jesse Jackson Jr.

The GAO and the CBO credit the budget reductions of the 90s primarily to the 1993 budget reduction act of 1993, signed by not ONE republcian.

I hope they throw away the key on this scumball and catch any and all assholes like him no matter what side of the aisle they are on.

Back