Democrat Elites Were Slow to See What Voters Already Knew

And why not someone other than Harris, if Biden quits the race? I have nothing against her other than I'm not sure that she can beat the orange shitgibbon and his makeup-wearing hillbilly.
I'm not a Democrat so I'm not going to pretend to speak for your party. But as a political observer I know this; black voters, while not necessarily large in number, are the core of the Democratic base (especially black women). And we've already seen some black commentators and Black Congressional Caucus members say that IF Biden steps down the party better choose the VP to replace him.

So the obvious risk of not choosing Harris is alienating (or reducing the excitement of) a major component of the base.

Reactions: TOP
I'm not a Democrat so I'm not going to pretend to speak for your party. But as a political observer I know this; black voters, while not necessarily large in number, are the core of the Democratic base (especially black women). And we've already seen some black commentators and Black Congressional Caucus members say that IF Biden steps down the party better choose the VP to replace him.

So the obvious risk of not choosing Harris is alienating (or reducing the excitement of) a major component of the base.
Now prove that is why the Dems chose Harris. We are way past the time for a female president. She is educated and experienced.

Now prove that is why the Dems chose Harris. We are way past the time for a female president. She is educated and experienced.
There's a reason Biden, during his 2020 campaign, didn't just say I'm going to put a woman on the Supreme Court he specifically said I'm going to put a black woman on the court. There's a reason Gavin Newsom said he would replace Feinstein, if he had to (at the time), not with just another woman but specifically a black woman. Black women are the most loyal Democratic voters.

But your argument is that, and the statements made by black commentators and CBC members saying they better pick Kamala (and not someone white), played no role at all?

Ok?

There's a reason Biden, during his 2020 campaign, didn't just say I'm going to put a woman on the Supreme Court he specifically said I'm going to put a black woman on the court. There's a reason Gavin Newsom said he would replace Feinstein, if he had to (at the time), not with just another woman but specifically a black woman. Black women are the most loyal Democratic voters.

But your argument is that, and the statements made by black commentators and CBC members saying they better pick Kamala (and not someone white), played no role at all?

Ok?
Who even heard those comments? What is the mechanism that makes them national and gives them power.?You do not present an argument. Just an opinion. Then you give it great power. I do not. We are way past time for a female president.

Who even heard those comments? What is the mechanism that makes them national and gives them power.?You do not present an argument. Just an opinion. Then you give it great power. I do not. We are way past time for a female president.
Who heard Congressional Black Caucus members getting quoted in national newspapers/news making these statements? You think Democrats and Republicans don't know who their base is and who butters their bread?

You're essentially arguing Democrats are oblivious to black voters, their most loyal voters.

Biden was a product of the Democratic Establishment, not the Elites.

The Elites are the best and brightest that the party has to offer,
and sadly, in my party, they rarely prevail. [In the other party, they don't exist.]

Elites in politics and education simply aren't trusted by the low IQ majority...to the latter's great detriment.
America never made the commitment to public education that more progressive nations made,
and it's current state of bedlam is the result of that failure.

and sadly, in my party, they rarely prevail. [In the other party, they don't exist.]

Elites in politics and education simply aren't trusted by the low IQ majority...to the latter's great detriment.
America never made the commitment to public education that more progressive nations made,
For points of reference are people like Obama, Pelosi, Warren etc. Democratic establishment types or elites?

Uh-oh NN, your party is slipping (and the Republicans have two Ivy League grads)

I'm not sure that we can truthfully, as voters, claim that the "elites" are trying to remove our choice by removing Biden. It's not like the primary ballots had anyone else we might have chosen.
That's because you are blinded by your hatred of the republicans. The dem cabal is playing you like a fiddle.

That's because you are blinded by your hatred of the republicans. The dem cabal is playing you like a fiddle.
Hate is too strong a word. But you are correct that I, along with millions of other rational ethical people, find the current fascist MAGAT party loathsome, anti-American, and without principles, honor, courage, morality, or any other redeeming values.

And that's it. The presidency takes a huge physical and mental toll on everyone no matter what their age. Remember how Obama's hair greyed and he visibly aged in 8 years? Where will Mr. Biden be in four more?
I guess you are both forgetting FDR, did he exude vitality and health, and yet, he was one of the most accomplished Presidents in our history.

Hate is too strong a word. But you are correct that I, along with millions of other rational ethical people, find the current fascist MAGAT party loathsome, anti-American, and without principles, honor, courage, morality, or any other redeeming values.
For me, "hate" is just the right strength word.

For points of reference are people like Obama, Pelosi, Warren etc. Democratic establishment types or elites?
Pelosi was a strength, not a detriment, from among the Establishment.
Obama and Warren were clearly Elites, advancing on superior intellect.

20240721_114708_jpg-3274427-jpeg.1605821

Back