Democrat Elites Were Slow to See What Voters Already Knew

Many Dems felt Biden should step down, but recognized it was his decision. I wanted him to step down after the debate. I am not alone. We waited, he dropped, and nobody got hurt.

I'm not a Democrat so I'm not going to pretend to speak for your party. But as a political observer I know this; black voters, while not necessarily large in number, are the core of the Democratic base (especially black women). And we've already seen some black commentators and Black Congressional Caucus members say that IF Biden steps down the party better choose the VP to replace him.

So the obvious risk of not choosing Harris is alienating (or reducing the excitement of) a major component of the base.
What is your point? Politics have always been like a chess game.

What is your point? Politics have always been like a chess game.
I was responding to your comment about why not someone else. I've seen others (Democrats) say something similar (desiring an open convention).

I was suggesting, for the reasons listed, that it was likely going to be Kamala and there wasn't going to be multiple people potentially running. I suppose things could still change but it that's the way it looks like it will turn out.

I'm not a Democrat so I'm not going to pretend to speak for your party. But as a political observer I know this; black voters, while not necessarily large in number, are the core of the Democratic base (especially black women). And we've already seen some black commentators and Black Congressional Caucus members say that IF Biden steps down the party better choose the VP to replace him.

So the obvious risk of not choosing Harris is alienating (or reducing the excitement of) a major component of the base.
She was VP for 4 years. She was 2nd in line. If he died, she would have been Prez. The position does have some cache. Biden selecting her was proof of that.
Sure some blacks wanted another minority as Prez. Many women want a woman to be in office. We have never had one and women are the majority. We are way overdue.
They were not caving to the caucus.

She was VP for 4 years. She was 2nd in line. If he died, she would have been Prez. The position does have some cache. Biden selecting her was proof of that.
Sure some blacks wanted another minority as Prez. Many women want a woman to be in office. We have never had one and women are the majority. We are way overdue.
They were not caving to the caucus.
If you really wanted a woman you had an opportunity in 2020 when you (Democratic primary voters) chose Biden over Harris and Warren. (And if the argument is a woman couldn't beat Trump in 2020 when he was totally vulnerable, how is that going to work today?)

You're hyping up the VP position which is exactly why some of these black Congressional leaders have said you better not pass over Kamala. And these black leaders aren't saying pick another minority (Latin X or AAPI) they are saying pick the VP.

If you really wanted a woman you had an opportunity in 2020 when you (Democratic primary voters) chose Biden over Harris and Warren. (And if the argument is a woman couldn't beat Trump in 2020 when he was totally vulnerable, how is that going to work today?)

You're hyping up the VP position which is exactly why some of these black Congressional leaders have said you better not pass over Kamala. And these black leaders aren't saying pick another minority (Latin X or AAPI) they are saying pick the VP.
Congressional Black Caucus wanted Biden to stay in race.

He was not dumped. He decided not to run.
He was forced out. Stop fooling yourself and he did the honorable thing instead of dividing the party. He is a class act and all the others like Schumer and Pelosi should now resign and let the youth take over. They shouldn’t be hypocrites.

He was forced out. Stop fooling yourself and he did the honorable thing instead of dividing the party. He is a class act and all the others like Schumer and Pelosi should now resign and let the youth take over. They shouldn’t be hypocrites.
Agree. It was shameful how they humiliated Biden in public.

Agree. It was shameful how they humiliated Biden in public.
It was and I will work hard to primary them when the time comes. I wanted Katie Porter for Senate, anyway. I’ve always respected Pelosi, but she older than Biden, so she must go.

Dems ran Hillary. They want a female prez. The hype is correct. She has been involved in presidential inner politics for 4years.

Back