Democratic Leader Laughs at Idea That House Members Would Actually Read Health-Care B

If my representative casts a vote to implement a piece of legislation that's going to have an effect on my life, the bastard or bitch damn well better fucking read it and then have a damned good explanation of why he put some restraint on my life when I call up and bitch at him/her.

OOOHHHHH1!!!!

THEY'RE SO SCAREDED! LIB ERTARISN WINING>?!

I've been aware of it, not happy with it, and i'm surprised that congressman Marchants office still takes my calls because of it. If more people got off their lazy american idol watching asses and did the same, we wouldn't have this shit happening. Thanks for contributing to the massive mess.

Frankly, if I were a legislature, and you were one of my constituents, I would just tell the staff to auto-ignore that creep.

Last edited:
I don't expect them to read the bills, I expect them to have a clear understanding of why they are voting for or against them.

Not just a "brief synopsis", but a clear understanding of each section, what it does and all amendments to the bill and what they do. On a bill as important as the stimulus bills, I expect them not to be rushed so that their constituency can also get a clear understanding of the bill and its consequences before it is voted on.

do you disagree with me that the process by which committee chairs and members and staffs sit down with caucus members and provide them with detailed synopses of the contents of all bills passed out of their committees is an effective way for legislators to represent us?

I wholeheartedly disagree with you on this.

I don't expect them to read the bills, I expect them to have a clear understanding of why they are voting for or against them.

Not just a "brief synopsis", but a clear understanding of each section, what it does and all amendments to the bill and what they do. On a bill as important as the stimulus bills, I expect them not to be rushed so that their constituency can also get a clear understanding of the bill and its consequences before it is voted on.

It is their elected responsibility to have the best possible knowledge of what they are voting on for all the reasons you named and then some.

Democratic majorities of the three House Committees assigned to design legislation that reforms healthcare have reported out a proposed plan. There is much good in the proposed legislation.

Hearings on the proposal will begin tomorrow and conclude July 22 with a favorable report to the full House.

There will need to be a sharing of cost across the population if the predicted 97 percent coverage is to be achieved, so increased investment by businesses and the rich is inevitable.

There is much to applaud in the bill. The features and benefits will come clearer in coming days.

President Obama deserves our thanks for making this landmark legislation a reality.

Back