Democratic Leader Laughs at Idea That House Members Would Actually Read Health-Care B

the apparatus of a government of a nation as large and complex as ours is, itself, too complex to be administered by simple woodsmen writing with quill pens. I understand your longing for simpler times, but you need to find your Mr.Peabody and get yourself a wayback machine because simpler times ain't in the future. sorry.

read my signature. then read it again. and again. the government is SUPPOSED to be limited and simple. this issue highlights it.

Quite correct, most of your stuff is boring or flaming.

that true...

but can we really expect them to read every single word? what i find offensive is the lauging at it, like they don't even take bills seriously, as if they know their pork is in there and that is all that matters....

lmao.....

i knew you would wuss out liar....i've only given you ONE pledge and that was for the your moderate democrat secret....lying fool

go back and read your posts...you are referring to one and only one pledge...

sorry, but you just let the cat out of the bag...why don't you just be honest and admit you told me that you're moderate democrat....seriously, why lie, especially at this stage....it only makes you look like a fool

anyways, back to thread

again...I told you no such thing. the fact that you would lie about promises made to me is not at all unexpected.... and if you really want to get back to the thread... try going back to #37, if you have any balls in that scrotum of yours.

that true...

but can we really expect them to read every single word? what i find offensive is the lauging at it, like they don't even take bills seriously, as if they know their pork is in there and that is all that matters....

the bolded phrase is nothing but YOUR projection. They laugh at the idea that anyone in their right mind thinks that anyone in congress can possibly read every single word of every single bill.... they laugh because they KNOW that for a LONG LONG time, committees and staffs have done the job of providing detailed summaries of every bill for caucuses and that both parties have relied on that method exclusively....

again...I told you no such thing. the fact that you would lie about promises made to me is not at all unexpected.... and if you really want to get back to the thread... try going back to #37, if you have any balls in that scrotum of yours.

since you brought this up, and you mentioned only one pledge, let me post the pledge and your reply....if you're not lying, then surely you have nothing to hide by making the conversation open....

and its funny you're whining now, when it is YOU that started this

if you have nothing to hid, then you you don't mind me posting the conversation regarding the pledge....right....

since you brought this up, and you mentioned only one pledge, let me post the pledge and your reply....if you're not lying, then surely you have nothing to hide by making the conversation open....

and its funny you're whining now, when it is YOU that started this

if you have nothing to hid, then you you don't mind me posting the conversation regarding the pledge....right....

I have always vehemently objected to ANY PM being made public and I would NEVER approve of it.

Now.... will you get to post # 37 or are you just going to admit that you are a nutless nancyboy?

I have always vehemently objected to ANY PM being made public and I would NEVER approve of it.

Now.... will you get to post # 37 or are you just going to admit that you are a nutless nancyboy?

then why did you make my pledge that was made in PM public?

what are you so afraid of....

you should have thought about that before you opened the door. you either allow me to defend myself, or admit you lied about any pledge....

sorry... your woodsman utopia was overtaken by progress.

if 'by progress' you mean to limit freedom, infringe on rights, and pursue authoritarianism, then you're definition might be correct.

the problem with liberals and conservatives is this mistaken belief that society has advanced too far and too fast for mortal men to deal with, therefore, we must elect men and women who are far superior than us to tell us what we can and cannot do.

if 'by progress' you mean to limit freedom, infringe on rights, and pursue authoritarianism, then you're definition might be correct.

the problem with liberals and conservatives is this mistaken belief that society has advanced too far and too fast for mortal men to deal with, therefore, we must elect men and women who are far superior than us to tell us what we can and cannot do.

I think nothing of the sort... I just do not expect any mortal man or woman to be able to read tens of thousands of pages of legislation each year... and I think the system whereby committee members and staffs brief non committee members on the legislation passed out of committee is a reasonable way to deal with getting our mortal legislators enough information to intelligently cast their votes.

your last paragraph contradicts itself and makes no sense....

where else should we look?

My post makes perfect sense. The vast majority of pork (earmarks) are not contained in the text of bills. Some pork (often referred to as hardmarks) is occasionally, but not very often, included in the text of bills. Hence, it would be an extremely poor strategy to try to locate pork by reading the text of bills. Previously, one would have to look to the Congressional Record and do all sorts of snooping to find out about pork, but nowadays it's much easier as the House and Senate Rules require their disclosure.

I think nothing of the sort... I just do not expect any mortal man or woman to be able to read tens of thousands of pages of legislation each year... and I think the system whereby committee members and staffs brief non committee members on the legislation passed out of committee is a reasonable way to deal with getting our mortal legislators enough information to intelligently cast their votes.

That's what they and their staff are paid to do. You know, 'represent us', meaning they've more than a clue to what they are voting for.

then why did you make my pledge that was made in PM public?

what are you so afraid of....

you should have thought about that before you opened the door. you either allow me to defend myself, or admit you lied about any pledge....

I didn't make the contents of any of your pledges public nor will I.

Quite frankly, I dispose of most of your PMs...even those containing pledges of sort sort or another... because I have come to realize that ethical promises don't mean the same thing to you that they do to me... and it is clear that, unless I produce them, which I cannot do, or publicize them, which I would refuse to do even if I HAD saved them, you will lie and claim they never were made. no surprise there. we both know the truth , however, even if you won't admit it.

now.... you gonna answer my question or are you gonna continue to spin and duck and dodge away from it? If this is all you want to talk about,. I'll just put you on ignore, nancy.

My post makes perfect sense. The vast majority of pork (earmarks) are not contained in the text of bills. Some pork (often referred to as hardmarks) is occasionally, but not very often, included in the text of bills. Hence, it would be an extremely poor strategy to try to locate pork by reading the text of bills. Previously, one would have to look to the Congressional Record and do all sorts of snooping to find out about pork, but nowadays it's much easier as the House and Senate Rules require their disclosure.

how did all the earmarks/pork end up on the stimulus then? in both bush's and obama's.....

how did all the earmarks/pork end up on the stimulus then? in both bush's and obama's.....

Well, if you change the definition of pork to mean whatever spending is included in the bill that you don't like those things tend to happen.

I didn't make the contents of any of your pledges public nor will I.

Quite frankly, I dispose of most of your PMs...even those containing pledges of sort sort or another... because I have come to realize that ethical promises don't mean the same thing to you that they do to me... and it is clear that, unless I produce them, which I cannot do, or publicize them, which I refuse to do, you will lie and claim they never were made. no surprise there. we both know the truth , however, even if you won't admit it.

now.... you gonna answer my question or are you gonna continue to spin and duck and dodge away from it? If this is all you want to talk about,. I'll just put you on ignore, nancy.

you claimed i made a pledge, either back it up or admit you lied, real simple....

what pledge are you referring to? you have made the fact of the pledge public record, you brought this up, not me....either state the pledge or admit you're lying about any so called pledge....

be honest for once

That's what they and their staff are paid to do. You know, 'represent us', meaning they've more than a clue to what they are voting for.

and as I said, I believe that the process by which committee chairs and members and staffs sit down with caucus members and provide them with detailed synopses of the contents of all bills passed out of their committees is an effect way for legislators to represent us.

Did you complain about this practice when Newt was Speaker?

Well, if you change the definition of pork to mean whatever spending is included in the bill that you don't like those things tend to happen.

true, but if i recall there was plenty of complaints about earmarks in the bill...or are you saying there wasn't that many earmarks in both bush's and obama's bills....

Back