Democratic Leader Laughs at Idea That House Members Would Actually Read Health-Care B

not all the boilerplate, but you really want each and every congressman to read some percentage of the boilerplate in each and every piece of legislation before you will say they are doing their job?

What percent of each and every bill do YOU think that each and every congressman needs to read?

Are you suggesting that you are NOT comfortable with the system whereby committee chairs and ranking members along with their committee staffs brief non-committee members of congrsss on legislation that has been voted out of their committee?

How do you think it should be divied up? No one reads it, just vote, yes? Read the first paragraph, then vote, yes? Tead 1/3? I mean, what is ok in your world?

In mine, the freaking joe's shouls read, that's what we're paying them to do. If they won't, then we should revisit direct democracy. Whoops, that won't work, so let's just segue directly into facism and stop the nonsense.

How do you think it should be divied up? No one reads it, just vote, yes? Read the first paragraph, then vote, yes? Tead 1/3? I mean, what is ok in your world?

In mine, the freaking joe's shouls read, that's what we're paying them to do. If they won't, then we should revisit direct democracy. Whoops, that won't work, so let's just segue directly into facism and stop the nonsense.

he is full of meadowmuffins

he eats, lives and breaths meadowmuffins....

only a coward neg reps for someone using the word meadowmuffins.... :rolleyes:

seriously

asked and answered.

anyone who thinks that any member of congress has enough hours in the day to read even a FRACTION of the legislation that he or she votes on clearly knows NOTHING about the process.

i don't expect every single one to read it, just like the court it is impractical in every case to have every judge read every case/aspect cited in briefs evidence....should they....you bet they should, but it is just not practical especially given the volumunious documents....

with that said, no judge is laughing that every judge can't read every document....they strive to learn everything they can about the case (i hope) vs the idiots dem congress person who laughs it off and the dems here to blindly defend them

and only a "man" devoid of any sense of honor makes an ethical pledge and then breaks it, asshole:pke:

you forced my hand by making false allegations against me....

and thank you for openly admitting that my telling everyone that you told me that you are in fact moderate democrat was so called breaking a pledge....

do you tire of getting caught lying? i know we all tire of your lies.....and MEADOWMUFFINS

that's simply impossible to do... legislators can be led to fully understand the legislation which they vote upon by the appropriate legislative committee members, and have been for a long long time, whether you were aware of it or not.

I've been aware of it, not happy with it, and i'm surprised that congressman Marchants office still takes my calls because of it. If more people got off their lazy american idol watching asses and did the same, we wouldn't have this shit happening. Thanks for contributing to the massive mess.

you forced my hand by making false allegations against me....

and thank you for openly admitting that my telling everyone that you told me that you are in fact moderate democrat was so called breaking a pledge....

do you tire of getting caught lying? i know we all tire of your lies.....and MEADOWMUFFINS

I have not "openly admitted" any such thing... do YOU get tired of just flat making shit up out of thin air?

Now get back to #37 and answer nancy.

I've been aware of it, not happy with it, and i'm surprised that congressman Marchants office still takes my calls because of it. If more people got off their lazy american idol watching asses and did the same, we wouldn't have this shit happening. Thanks for contributing to the massive mess.

the apparatus of a government of a nation as large and complex as ours is, itself, too complex to be administered by simple woodsmen writing with quill pens. I understand your longing for simpler times, but you need to find your Mr.Peabody and get yourself a wayback machine because simpler times ain't in the future. sorry.

that's simply impossible to do... legislators can be led to fully understand the legislation which they vote upon by the appropriate legislative committee members, and have been for a long long time, whether you were aware of it or not.

Why? they have some learning disability? Can't have a staffer read and give synopsis? Truly you are underestimating the lowest of low.

Why? they have some learning disability? Can't have a staffer read and give synopsis? Truly you are underestimating the lowest of low.

WOW... if you had read my posts in this very thread, you would have seen where I laid out the system in use whereby that very thing happens... committee staff, legislative leadership staff, committee chairs and ranking members ALL give detailed synopses of legislation for all caucus members.

I guess you were relying on a synopsis of this discussion and did not read the whole thread?:pke:

#37 nancy...:pke:

and you have broken so many, I am sure that you forget them as soon as you make them.

unethical mincing worm.

no, you mentioned one....tell us exactly what you're talkign about or admit you lied....

you've really dug yourself a deep one....you either say which and ONLY one pledge i've ever allegedly given you, or admit you lied and that i never gave you a single pledge or............admit the pledge was that you told me you were moderate democrat, however, you forced my hand and i had to defend my honor by revealing your admission.....

so nice of you to open the door on this

WOW... if you had read my posts in this very thread, you would have seen where I laid out the system in use whereby that very thing happens... committee staff, legislative leadership staff, committee chairs and ranking members ALL give detailed synopses of legislation for all caucus members.

I guess you were relying on a synopsis of this discussion and did not read the whole thread?:pke:

Quite correct, most of your stuff is boring or flaming.

no, you mentioned one....tell us exactly what you're talkign about or admit you lied....

you've really dug yourself a deep one....you either say which and ONLY one pledge i've ever allegedly given you, or admit you lied and that i never gave you a single pledge or............admit the pledge was that you told me you were moderate democrat, however, you forced my hand and i had to defend my honor by revealing your admission.....

so nice of you to open the door on this

you gave more than one mutual pledge to me on a couple of key issues... and, unlike you, I have no intention of betraying the confidential nature of our PM discusssions.... sorry worm.... but can you get back to #37 now and try to answer it instead of avoiding it like crazy?

coward.

you gave more than one mutual pledge to me on a couple of key issues... and, unlike you, I have no intention of betraying the confidential nature of our PM discusssions.... sorry worm.... but can you get back to #37 now and try to answer it instead of avoiding it like crazy?

coward.

lmao.....

i knew you would wuss out liar....i've only given you ONE pledge and that was for the your moderate democrat secret....lying fool

go back and read your posts...you are referring to one and only one pledge...

sorry, but you just let the cat out of the bag...why don't you just be honest and admit you told me that you're moderate democrat....seriously, why lie, especially at this stage....it only makes you look like a fool

anyways, back to thread

Back