Democrats: Please discredit this list of Obama tax increases for me.

Saw McCain on tv this morning and he was hammering on all of Obama's proposed tax increases. Obama cannot let himself be seen as the recycled tax and spend democrat. That will kill him in the long run. Independants really vote their pocket books. Their pocket books are ALREADY being hammered by increased gas costs and increased prices from the increased fuel costs from transportation of the goods they buy. Taking more money from people will not make them happy. The increase on people making 250k or more a year will dispropotionately hit sole propriietorship small businesses. Like the Law Firm I work for. A increase in taxes by too much and some of our employees are going to have to be let go. We have grown by leaps and bounds. We went from 2 lawyers and one paralegal to 4 lawyers and 6 staff members in less than two years and we have at least one more lawyer coming in another year, when he finishes law school. We have lots of fixed bills that aren't going away, if our tax burden increases something is going to have to give.

Cawacko,Listen here my little man, Your current votes have decimated our military, abandoned our infrastructure, bankrupted banks, totally fucked the economy, given the corporate assholes tax breaks and in turn they have screwed our country, managed our economy in such a way has to see our dollar freefall in the world market, caused huge inflation and gotten a whole bunch of Americans killed and wounded so we could have gas go from 1.47 to 4.20 a gallon.

YOu voted for this mess and I have screamed about it the whole way. I ,who tried to tell you and your kind for years how this was fucking us but good , am willing to pay my share to fix the mess you voted for. Man and Woman up all of you and pay your fair share of the mess YOU insisted take place.

Saw McCain on tv this morning and he was hammering on all of Obama's proposed tax increases. Obama cannot let himself be seen as the recycled tax and spend democrat. That will kill him in the long run. Independants really vote their pocket books. Their pocket books are ALREADY being hammered by increased gas costs and increased prices from the increased fuel costs from transportation of the goods they buy. Taking more money from people will not make them happy. The increase on people making 250k or more a year will dispropotionately hit sole propriietorship small businesses. Like the Law Firm I work for. A increase in taxes by too much and some of our employees are going to have to be let go. We have grown by leaps and bounds. We went from 2 lawyers and one paralegal to 4 lawyers and 6 staff members in less than two years and we have at least one more lawyer coming in another year, when he finishes law school. We have lots of fixed bills that aren't going away, if our tax burden increases something is going to have to give.

Soc, you hit on a point that I don't think a lot of people are aware of or think of when talking about 'taxing the rich' or the 'top 1%' and that is a lot of small business are in that group. As you stated raising taxes on small businesses can be very punitary to them and the majority of our job growth in the U.S. comes from small businesses not large corporations.

Soc, you hit on a point that I don't think a lot of people are aware of or think of when talking about 'taxing the rich' or the 'top 1%' and that is a lot of small business are in that group. As you stated raising taxes on small businesses can be very punitary to them and the majority of our job growth in the U.S. comes from small businesses not large corporations.

Yep, the estate tax alone could kill many small business.

Personal income not the business income. Just what the owner draws out of the business.

I am a small business owner.
actually 2 of them working on 3.

LLC's :cheer:

Im so f*&^cking sick of no one wanting to pay for the debt we are encruing daily.

I just wish the peopel who voted for Bush would be willing to pay some taxes to pay for the completetly failed policies that have and will cost this country so much of its treasure.

Oh course instead they are whinning about now paying anything to correct their mistakes. HELL Im willing to help pay my share and I didnt even want any of this stupid mess.

Man and Woman up people.

PAY FOR YOUR DAMNED MISTAKES!

I didn't vote to get us into this mess and no, I don't want to pay any more in taxes than I'm already paying.

its not my fault congress is irresponsible and simply raising taxes is not the answer. They need to become introspective and take a realistic look at how they are currently spending tax dollars. I paid a sick amount in taxes this year and I'll be damned if I'm going to just accept increase after increase without protest. Its that attitude that has gotten where we are today and it needs to stop.

Personal income not the business income. Just what the owner draws out of the business.

I am a small business owner.
actually 2 of them working on 3.
And when you tax personal income TOO much then the owner cannot re-invest in the business they own. They have to take larger draws to make their personal bills that they incurred BEFORE the tax increase. Now to continue making that nut, they have to draw more money out of the coffers so that AFTER tax they can pay their own bills. That leaves them with less money to run the business. The person that owns the business and the business itself are intertwined. What affects one will ultimately affect the other.

cutting spending will cause an economic hit to the USA.
Govt spoending and exports are the only things keeping us out of a recession right now.
About 1/3 (sorry dix) work for the govt in some way.

There are no simple answers folks.

I didn't vote to get us into this mess and no, I don't want to pay any more in taxes than I'm already paying.

its not my fault congress is irresponsible and simply raising taxes is not the answer. They need to become introspective and take a realistic look at how they are currently spending tax dollars. I paid a sick amount in taxes this year and I'll be damned if I'm going to just accept increase after increase without protest. Its that attitude that has gotten where we are today and it needs to stop.

Thank you LadyT. There will never be a point where Congress has enough money so they would keep raising taxes forever based on her logic.

I am so glad you are on this site as well. This is where we fall off the boat with the people who agree with us on so many other issues. I want a less intrusive government, that respects its citizens liberties, doesn't send our troops off to die and then keep tellings us a new and different reason for it every 6 months, and one that does not pick my pocket everytime it looks like I may actually get ahead. There just seems to be no seriously viable party to fill that role. I am going to vote for Obama this year but when I hear his tax plans I cringe.

I am so glad you are on this site as well. This is where we fall off the boat with the people who agree with us on so many other issues. I want a less intrusive government, that respects its citizens liberties, doesn't send our troops off to die and then keep tellings us a new and different reason for it every 6 months, and one that does not pick my pocket everytime it looks like I may actually get ahead. There just seems to be no seriously viable party to fill that role. I am going to vote for Obama this year but when I hear his tax plans I cringe.

I've rationalized it this way:

I'm willing to pay to see this country change directions. Its worth a premium to me. It helps me get over it.

There is another fact that everyone in this thread has overlooked. The rich have gotten richer during Bush’s term. This is simply fact. They have benefited, disproportionately from the bush policies, and that includes this bloody war.

To make the claim that they should not have to pay higher taxes now that we are in this mess, when they directly and greatly benefited from getting us into it, is immoral, dishonest, and frankly, stupid. Because none of you are in that particular elite boat. Not even Chap, Cawacko or Top. You’re just wannabes.

That is what the aim is Tia.

You cant remodel the house without any funds.

My own mortgage doesn't even cost me more than a third of my salary.

Congress broke it congress needs to fix it, without me having to sacrifice.

There is another fact that everyone in this thread has overlooked. The rich have gotten richer during Bush’s term. This is simply fact. They have benefited, disproportionately from the bush policies, and that includes this bloody war.

To make the claim that they should not have to pay higher taxes now that we are in this mess, when they directly and greatly benefited from getting us into it, is immoral, dishonest, and frankly, stupid. Because none of you are in that particular elite boat. Not even Chap, Cawacko or Top. You’re just thinkyouares

Fixed.

Back