Democrats show how it's done

I don't think she would ever take the VP slot. She would get far more camera time as a Senator. Like many politicians, she is not content to be in the background.

Nor would Obama offer her the slot, not with a former President attached to the deal

Nor would it be advantageous for Obama to take the VP spot and end up sitting behind two presidents.

Nor would it be an automatic ticket to be president after the Hillary term because any Hillary term is going to be characterized by one word .. GRIDLOCK. The republicans will close ranks and oppose anything she says and it will reinvigerate a dying right-wing. If the democrats don't also get a wide majority in the House and Senate .. GRIDLOCK.

Republicans would be less likely to attack Obama with the same vigor they do Clinton, with the recognition that they have to be careful how they attack him. Even the "black president" found that out.

The fact that he's black .. works in America's favor.

Nor would it be advantageous for Obama to take the VP spot and end up sitting behind two presidents.

Nor would it be an automatic ticket to be president after the Hillary term because any Hillary term is going to be characterized by one word .. GRIDLOCK. The republicans will close ranks and oppose anything she says and it will reinvigerate a dying right-wing. If the democrats don't also get a wide majority in the House and Senate .. GRIDLOCK.

Republicans would be less likely to attack Obama with the same vigor they do Clinton, with the recognition that they have to be careful how they attack him. Even the "black president" found that out.

why won't we have gridlock if Obama wins ?

There are a lot worse things than gridlock. The less Washington does the less harm they do.

There are a lot worse things than gridlock. The less Washington does the less harm they do.

That might be true if this was 1908 .. but its' 2008 my brother and there are far too many challenges that America and Americans must deal with to look forward to nothing being done on a national, federal, and global level in response.

Not the least of which is digging ourselves out of the hole the right-wing has dug for America.

Last edited:

Agreed. I don't see any way those two share a ticket. My guess is Clinton will go with Clark or Biden. I am not sure who Obama would go with.... maybe Richardson?

Also agree completely that if Hillary gets in, there will be complete gridlock as there is now. The right despise the Clintons as much as the left despises Bush.

why won't we have gridlock if Obama wins ?

There will be far more willingness to work with Obama by republicans .. especially given the knowing that republicans themselves recognize that they must rebuild their party from within and minimize knucklehead right-wing thought. That battle is taking place within the Republican Party right now as we speak. It's why they hate McCain.

Working with Obama effectively in in the best interests of the Republican Party.

Agreed. I don't see any way those two share a ticket. My guess is Clinton will go with Clark or Biden. I am not sure who Obama would go with.... maybe Richardson?

Also agree completely that if Hillary gets in, there will be complete gridlock as there is now. The right despise the Clintons as much as the left despises Bush.

Good analogy .. I'll be using that one.

I fail to see the logic in that considering the extreme partisanship of recent years and also lets not forget racism.

Ahhh... but that is the point US.... it is the fear of being labeled racists that would lead the Reps to be more cival and potentially cooperative.

I have never heard as many Republican voters say they like a top dem contender like this.
Obama is bringing along with him more independents and republicans than Hillary ever could.

She represents the failures of the past( some of it not her own fault) and Obama is representing a better sense of cooperation.

Americans want to come together and he is just better at representing it in peoples minds for a number of reasons.

Ahhh... but that is the point US.... it is the fear of being labeled racists that would lead the Reps to be more cival and potentially cooperative.

true up front and then append something that will kill the bill.

all of the rank and file bush supporters I know around here are quite rascist and fear Obama becoming president. I will not use the word they use though.

true up front and then append something that will kill the bill.

all of the rank and file bush supporters I know around here are quite rascist and fear Obama becoming president. I will not use the word they use though.

Who cares?

They count about as much as talk show hosts .. they don't count, they don't matter. For them, this is their Armegddon. America has turned on that idiocy and their fear has been proven ignorant.

Change does not require everyone's approval.

I fail to see the logic in that considering the extreme partisanship of recent years and also lets not forget racism.

Then you don't understand Hillary hate.

There is no greater fundraising boon for the GOP than Hillary; there is no one else who could potentially unite the GOP base & drive turnout with a candidate like McCain, who would have a low turnout otherwise.

Dems have openly expressed fear of losing Congress because Hillary would drive turnout so much for the GOP. It's a no brainer; there would be nothing like that with an Obama candidacy. If anything, Obama draws more Republicans to vote Dem.

The GOP is praying for a Hillary candidacy right now, and have been for a year.

Back