DeSantis whitewashes slavery as Biden honors Emmett Till. Spot the difference

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Here's a quick look at one of the differences between America’s two political parties: GOP presidential primary candidate Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis spent the weekend, right here in the year 2023, arguing that slaves benefited from valuable job training. Democratic President Joe Biden spent the weekend preparing to approve a national monument honoring Emmett Till, the Black teenager whose murder in 1955 sparked the civil rights movement.

See the disparity? I know it’s subtle, one side trying to whitewash history and the other trying to make sure it’s always remembered.

One party is recognizing history, the other is making up history

So, to recap, there are minute differences between our two major political parties. One is honoring history and making sure we remember the horrors of the past so we don’t repeat them.

The other is incompetently whitewashing the horrors of the past, and apparently needs to enroll in a remedial course called “Slavery: Bad, Actually.” (Course not offered in Florida.)

https://news.yahoo.com/desantis-whitewashes-slavery-biden-honors-091421471.html

Here's a quick look at one of the differences between America’s two political parties: GOP presidential primary candidate Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis spent the weekend, right here in the year 2023, arguing that slaves benefited from valuable job training. Democratic President Joe Biden spent the weekend preparing to approve a national monument honoring Emmett Till, the Black teenager whose murder in 1955 sparked the civil rights movement.

See the disparity? I know it’s subtle, one side trying to whitewash history and the other trying to make sure it’s always remembered.

So, to recap, there are minute differences between our two major political parties. One is honoring history and making sure we remember the horrors of the past so we don’t repeat them.

The other is incompetently whitewashing the horrors of the past, and apparently needs to enroll in a remedial course called “Slavery: Bad, Actually.” (Course not offered in Florida.)

Democrats are slavery.

Biden totally politicized that ceremony.. never let a good tragedy go to waste... shame on him...

Biden totally politicized that ceremony.. never let a good tragedy go to waste... shame on him...

How's that, "teacher"? Civil rights ARE a political thing, lil miss moron, something actual educators know.

Maybe you can explain to us why slavery was actually a good thing, and point out some instances where either of your two racist heroes -- Trump and DeSatan -- spoke out against racism?

^ Truth. Of course, to the bigoted Reichtards (like the ones posting on this thread) any mention of slavery, racism, lynching, etc. is "divisive," "political," and racist in itself. :rolleyes:

I guess some people here missed the ceremony... or watched it and simply didn't pay attention... I just said in a previous thread, they don't really listen to what he actually says...or whispers...

^ Truth. Of course, to the bigoted Reichtards (like the ones posting on this thread) any mention of slavery, racism, lynching, etc. is "divisive," "political," and racist in itself. :rolleyes:

I fully agree, Owl, but at the same time,

we have people on the left disingenuously claiming that our 'diversity is a strength."

Diversity is our reality.
We will never be a homogeneous nation.
We either learn to do better with diversity or forever remain a tinderbox on the verge of blowing [or a wasteland that actually blew].

Except for maybe art and cooking, however,
HOW is our diversity anything even resembling a strength?

Everything...every single fucking thing in our history has very clearly shown
that our diversity has been a massive handicap
which we have yet to learn how to overcome.

Liberals need to spend more time working on solutions
than going around saying ridiculous Pollyanna euphemisms.

Conservative won't be doing jack shit to help,
so it's up to liberals and progressives to drive the progress.

we have people on the left disingenuously claiming that our 'diversity is a strength."

We either learn to do better with diversity or forever remain a tinderbox on the verge of blowing [or a wasteland that actually blew].

I'm not at all sure what your post has to do with honoring and remembering Emmett Till.

As for diversity, the only downside I can see to it is when a minority member is denied the same rights and privileges enjoyed by the majority. You know, like young Mr. Till was, so many decades ago.

I'm not at all sure what your post has to do with honoring and remembering Emmett Till.

As for diversity, the only downside I can see to it is when a minority member is denied the same rights and privileges enjoyed by the majority. You know, like young Mr. Till was, so many decades ago.

My point is that right wing zealots say ridiculous things about "slavery, lynching etc" to quote your words,

but lefties say stupid things too.

You speak of "minority members being deprived of rights;" this is a manifestation of diversity.
In a homogeneous nation, they don't have many minority members to be deprived of rights on the basis of ethnicity.

We're a culturally heterogeneous nation which must morally defend the rights of all of its citizens.

That burden, necessary as it is, isn't a strength but an added challenge required by virtue of being diverse.

That's one of many examples.

Where are the examples of diversity making us stronger than homogeneous nations?
I conceded art and cuisine.
What else have we got?

I'm part of America's diversity
as an Italian American nearly as tied to my Italian ethnicity
as I am to my American nationality.

I'm not finding problems with diversity as a member of the White Anglo Saxon Protestant persuasion
but as a part of our diversity.
I'm 100% in favor of finding a way to make our diversity work.

Nevertheless, referring to our diversity as a strength rather than a challenge

is every bit as disingenuous as the stupid things that Reichtards say.

Maybe more so as they tend to actually be stupid while we should know better.

liberals try to create divisions based on race while conservatives try to reach out to all people as individuals

notice the difference?

Optimal phrase, "...so many decades ago." Your own words prove what a shit stain you are

You are conflating mostly the surface level problems of 'diversity' with the clear and factual benefits.

America is by definition a diverse nation. It is also the most successful.

At each and every stage diversity has faced backlash but America has been strengthened for it. The irish, the Russian, the Italian, the Jews, were all hated and not welcomed by prior emigrees and yet as each arrived and settled America got stronger for it as their diversity and strengths were added to the fabric of the country.

When Women and PoC were able to finally enter the work force and compete, that added diversity made American companies the top in the world.

There is no doubting that diversity is America's strength. The facts are in. BUt that does not mean that due to human nature, every single step of NEW and ADDED diversity will not be railed against by those who came in prior waves.

Back