DeSantis whitewashes slavery as Biden honors Emmett Till. Spot the difference

I don't agree with that analysis and conclusion.

Canada is every bit as diverse, maybe more so and they have all those benefits.

What Canada does not have is the hard core, hard right racist, backward looking derps.

it is not less diversity and more homogony (around white derps) that would make America more progressive. It is the loss of the right derps. They are being bred out of existence thankfully as their kids each generation are more progressive. And when those white racist, backwards derps are such a small part of the population, diversity will be higher and America will progress.

I understand your belief, but in the end, it doesn't coincide with what I believe or actually observe.

Also, as generations go on, the mosaic becomes more of an actual melting pot and diversity actually diminishes,
but that will take at least another half-millennium and one would have to believe the republic has that long of a future.

you aren't teaching history......you are teaching hatred....

yes because Nazi sympathizers will hate to hear 'Jews did not benefit from the holocaust'.

And racist white derps will hate to hear, 'slaves did not benefit from slavery'.

But the nazi sympathisers and racist definitely want to push those narratives and come back to them often.

Just as white derp racists also like to push that in fact white racists derps were harmed by slavery and would have done better without it being adopted. Their way of saying 'hey we were victims too'.

All laughable. That is until the white racist derps push it in to the classroom.

I understand your belief, but in the end, it doesn't coincide with what I believe or actually observe.

Also, as generations go on, the mosaic becomes more of an actual melting pot and diversity actually diminishes,
but that will take at least another half-millennium and one would have to believe the republic has that long of a future.

Fair enough. If you want to broaden your perspective visit Canada. Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, etc, and you will add to what you observe.

Canada is a much younger country than the US, so the US has no excuse. BUt then the US has right leaning southern hard core racists who hate history and are still eager to refight the civil war. I tend to think that is the issue and not the 'diversity'.

Fair enough. If you want to broaden your perspective visit Canada. Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, etc, and you will add to what you observe.

Canada is a much younger country than the US, so the US has no excuse. BUt then the US has right leaning southern hard core racists who hate history and are still eager to refight the civil war. I tend to think that is the issue and not the 'diversity'.

I have in fact been to Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver on the west coast.
Nice places all, but I'm not allowed to emigrate to any of them so they're just that--nice places.

Even if we end bigotry and establish some measure of harmony among the various ethnicities that form our population,
we'll still never have the solidarity of homogeneous populations.

We'll be much better than we are now--we'll be as good as we can be, if we're lucky.
We'll never have the strength of people among their own.
We don't relate to one another that way, so we have fewer collective initiatives .
That, at least, is my observation.

In any case, it doesn't relate to me that much.

My children chose to not have kids,
so my direct line family's American footprint will have only spanned three American born generations
and I take some comfort in that.

Because you have right leaning States like Florida, with Governors like DeSantis, trying to white wash history as they thinks white kids are too much like snowflakes and will be offended if exposed to actual history.

History should always be taught, and taught accurately and no one should 'move on' from that. If anyone is pushing revisionist history it needs to be engaged and corrected. Especially when a significant part of the population (blacks) are still dealing with the legacy disadvantages.

Is that what it is?

Or are you just buying into a self serving agenda by pro-black interest groups?

I have lived in Florida most of my life. I have worked in the local public school system for over a decade, in the classroom.

I know for a fact that black history including slavery, is and has for many years been taught there.

I think the new regulations are in response to black leaders pushing for a more one-sided version of history.

Apparently, teaching kids that slavery happened and was wrong and unjust, is no longer good enough for the black political agenda.

They want kids to be taught that white people are privileged oppressors and black people are still victims.

They want to teach a version of history that increases division between black and white kids and convinces black kids that they are owed something by whites.

I think these new regulations are in place to balance things back out a bit.

They are not doing away with or whitewashing black history instruction.

These special victim groups like blacks and the alphabets need to understand that they can no longer just keep exploiting white, heterosexual guilt while pushing and pushing and pushing for more and more and more.

The pushback has begun.

Is that what it is?

I have lived in Florida most of my life. I have worked in the local public school system for over a decade, in the classroom.

I know for a fact that black history including slavery, is and has for many years been taught there.

I think the new regulations are in response to black leaders pushing for a more one-sided version of history.

Apparently, teaching kids that slavery happened and was wrong and unjust, is no longer good enough for the black political agenda.

They want kids to be taught that white people are privileged oppressors and black people are still victims.

They want to teach a version of history that increases division between black and white kids and convinces black kids that they are owed something by whites.

These special victim groups like blacks and the alphabets need to understand that they can no longer just keep exploiting white, heterosexual guilt while pushing and pushing and pushing for more and more and more.

The pushback has begun.

So your reply is 'you think there was a wrong being done so in reply DeSantis and the State teaching 'Slavery was beneficial to some' is good'???

There is no excusing a push to teach 'slavery or the holocaust or any such travesty was beneficial'.

That a person got strong back muscles picking cotton as a slave is not a 'benefit of being a slave'.

So your reply is 'you think there was a wrong being done so in reply DeSantis and the State teaching 'Slavery was beneficial to some' is good'???

There is no excusing a push to teach 'slavery or the holocaust or any such travesty was beneficial'.

That a person got strong back muscles picking cotton as a slave is not a 'benefit of being a slave'.

The new regulations were created by the 13 member Florida African American History Task Force.

Here are six of the 13 members....

Screenshot-20230726-185132.jpg

Screenshot-20230726-185112.jpg

From WFTV News, Orlando:

"We confirmed 12 of the 13 members of the standards work group. We reached out to each of them to find out more about their qualifications and how they created these standards.

Of those 12, we found all are or were educators. At least five members are black, six are white, and one is Hispanic."

Maybe you should argue with these black, professional career educators about what does and does not qualify as black history.

:dunno:

Is that what it is?

The pushback has begun.

???????????

derp derp

the curriculum of including topics on how blacks learned and advanced even as they were put in chains has nothing to do with excusing failure

Your reading comprehension regarding what I wrote is pathetic to be blunt

its the misrepresentation of CRT that is pathetic.....

The new regulations were created by the 13 member Florida African American History Task Force.

Here are six of the 13 members....

Screenshot-20230726-185132.jpg

Screenshot-20230726-185112.jpg

From WFTV News, Orlando:

"We confirmed 12 of the 13 members of the standards work group. We reached out to each of them to find out more about their qualifications and how they created these standards.

Of those 12, we found all are or were educators. At least five members are black, six are white, and one is Hispanic."

Maybe you should argue with these black, professional career educators about what does and does not qualify as black history.

:dunno:

Not sure what point you think that makes when people like Candace Owens exist.

But interestingly, despite you providing no citation to your info, i was able to copy and search the text and found it here in this article.

While the article does say 5 black and one hispanic were on the Work Group that made these changes, the people you cite above do not show up on the list???

Work group members:

Dr. William B Allen
Allison Elledge
Frances Presley Rice
Valencia Robinson
Laura Wynn
Roberto Fernandez III
Helen Maffett
LaFrance “Joe” Clarke Jr.
Jessica Morey
Kathleen Ems
Madonna Higgs
Kay Pape
Constance Scott

Not one of your 6 named people appears to have been on it??

Back