Do comperable emails exist from the liberal side.

Because they're poorly substantiated, even as far as baseless slanders go.

But so are the Obama ones, and they are well publicised and circulated. The one I saw was widely circulated in a very conservative local church, I know because I saw the list of people it came from.

As compared to what, Obama being a Muslim, studying at a Madrassa and hating America?

Doubtful.

Fair enough. I wasn't thinking in terms of comparison to that one.

I will say this though. Not to excuse the ignorance and prejudices of millions of voters who believe Obama is a Muslim, but there is at least some sliver-thin reasons for them thinking it is possible when you consider the barrage of "madrassa" stories they have been subjected to by the media and chain emails.

In my opinion, John McCain is no more a traitor than Barack Obama is a Muslim, but there are elements of Obama's background that lend itself to easy misrepresentation.

Last edited:
Why are they not as well published or circulated?
Because they have been out for years already.

Most of this crap about Obama is new. If you can't beat him on policy then don't, IMO.

New gets around more than old news.

I will say this though. Not to excuse the ignorance and prejudices of millions of voters who believe Obama is a Muslim, but there is at least some sliver-think reasons for them thinking it is possible when you consider the barrage of "madrassa" stories they have been subjected to by the media and chain emails.

In my opinion, John McCain is no more a traitor than Barack Obama is a Muslim, but there are elements of Obama's background that lend itself to easy misrepresentation.

But that's the point Epicurus, regardless of the truth of the matter these claims about Obama (and Democrats generally) get widely circulated even entering the mainstream media and the rubes believe that they are truth notwithstanding their falsity.

But that's the point Epicurus, regardless of the truth of the matter these claims about Obama (and Democrats generally) get widely circulated even entering the mainstream media and the rubes believe that they are truth notwithstanding their falsity.
People who believe this, for a large part, do not vote.

I think these have less impact on any election than people ever believe.

They are "free" though, so we'll continue to see them.

I will say this though. Not to excuse the ignorance and prejudices of millions of voters who believe Obama is a Muslim, but there is at least some sliver-thin reasons for them thinking it is possible when you consider the barrage of "madrassa" stories they have been subjected to by the media and chain emails.

He’s as much a traitor as John Kerry was, and they successfully painted him as a traitorous coward, and a coward who hid out in the Champagne unit, as a war hero, so I hope you are not expecting shocked noises coming from the left Epi. I have none left. It took me months to stop saying “no, really, this is working?” during 2004. I literally would not believe it. Then I just became crestfallen and understood that they did it, it worked. It can be done.

It can happen to McCain too, but I will tell you now, that will not take. Because he is a republican. And “everybody knows” that Republicans are strong and brave. That’s how they managed to make the cowardly little fuck-up son of a dynasty into a war hero you’d have a beer with. But if for some crazy reason it did take with McCain? (and it won’t). I wouldn’t even pretend to care.

Because they have been out for years already.

Most of this crap about Obama is new. If you can't beat him on policy then don't, IMO.

New gets around more than old news.

If thats true its a very harmfull perversion of the political process and those responsable should be shamed.

Its the Linbaugh, Fox effect?

Thats what upset me so much about this situation I described above. The woman I am discussing VOTES and is a smart person. She should be Obama's base from what I know about her views.

Damo you have absolutely zero evidence that “the people who believe that stuff don’t vote”, and that these things don’t affect elections. You just pulled that straight out of your butt, it’s something you like the sound of, and want to believe, because if it’s true then George W bush won on merit and not on having the slimiest, most cowardly, most insidious minions working for him.

Doesn’t’ pass the laugh test sorry.

That’s an excellent point. It is what is known as “passive notification” rather than “active notification” and it is highly ineffective.

Yep just Damo diversion. there are websites on everything imaginable, but we don't get spammail on them.

If it a fearmongering rebutliken thing.

diversion was successful thill the board idiot spotted it too.

Websites are not the same as emails being forwarded around.
Again, these were forwarded around long ago, the guy's been in government for quite some time.

It isn't as popular to forward e-mails that have been sent 50 billion times already...

Damo you have absolutely zero evidence that “the people who believe that stuff don’t vote”, and that these things don’t affect elections. You just pulled that straight out of your butt, it’s something you like the sound of, and want to believe, because if it’s true then George W bush won on merit and not on having the slimiest, most cowardly, most insidious minions working for him.

Doesn’t’ pass the laugh test sorry.
True, it is based on experience rather than evidence. But people who believe this kind of stuff usually talk a lot, but don't push many buttons. At least among those who send me those e-mails or try to "talk politics" with me.

Back