Do comperable emails exist from the liberal side.

...then George W bush won on merit and not on having the slimiest, most cowardly, most insidious minions working for him.

I have an opinion of why GW won in 2000. I think he won for the same reason Obama will win in 2008.......CHANGE. After 8 years of Clinton, no matter how well the country might have been rolling along (or badly depending on one's perspective) people were ready for a change and thus rejected Gore. Now in 2004, I think the democrats ran the weakest candidate they had at him. I honestly believe that if the candidate had been someone like Dean the dems would have won in '04. I know I'll catch flack for saying Bush won in 2000 from some who say he didn't but the point is Bush bacame president and Gore didn't.

I have an opinion of why GW won in 2000. I think he won for the same reason Obama will win in 2008.......CHANGE. After 8 years of Clinton, no matter how well the country might have been rolling along (or badly depending on one's perspective) people were ready for a change and thus rejected Gore. Now in 2004, I think the democrats ran the weakest candidate they had at him. I honestly believe that if the candidate had been someone like Dean the dems would have won in '04. I know I'll catch flack for saying Bush won in 2000 from some who say he didn't but the point is Bush bacame president and Gore didn't.

Well, let’s put 2000 aside, because I was really talking about the Bush/Kerry race. I actually think that Dean was the better candidate, but that flew against conventional wisdom at the time you know. All of the talking heads, including conservative ones, said the Republicans were dying to run against Dean, because America would never vote for a Vermont pansy ass during a time of war. And that’s what took Dean down I think. The base started running scared, (they are democrats after all, doesn’t take much) and started yelling about a war hero. We needed a General Clark, or, somebody like Kerry who was a decorated Vietnam Veteran. I still wanted Dean, but even so, I was shocked at what they were able to do there. Seriously shocked. You could not take a Democrat who had sat out his generation’s war in the Texas Champagne Unit, and a Republican who went and won medals there, that way. Can not be done. So I think that was a shocking thing. But I would never be shocked over it again.

Gore did get more votes. That is a documented fact. The question is if Bush won electorally or not, depending on how you count Florida.

Back