Do republicans care more about foreign car makers than US

That is a whole other debate. I hate it that companies move their manufacturing jobs overseas. This I partly blame on unions but mostly blame on the companies' greed......you know, getting excessive profits. Query me this though: Why would Toyota maintain assembly plants here in the US when they could do it cheaper elsewhere?

I guess it has something to do with transportation costs. Also, putting plants in America is a terrific PR stunt. Even if they pay shit wages and aren't half as good to their workers as Detroit, Republicans are still going around parading how great it is that their building plants. Just watch - as soon as Republicans allow the big three go down, those plants are going to close down.

To subsidize means to receive money, which they are not doing, they are just paying less.
Certainly it isn't fair, I can agree with that, but from another perspective as you only pay tax on profit, they are still paying more tax than Detroit automakers are.

I don't understand why the Dems don't call on Michigan to create the same tax breaks, they are just too addicted to tax revenue.

And if I gave you money you'd have more left after taxes too. Is giving money a tax break?

The Republicans from Alabama certantly do. The #1 industry in Alabama is the Auto Industry and none of that is domestic.

Back