Do you think the people involved in mass shootings are going to be pro gun control?

yup, gun rights are more important than the lives of children. It's not even a tough decision honestly.

no... you can still care a lot about both. But at the end of the day, gun rights are sacred, right up there next to freedom of speech and the press and the right to assemble.

no... you can still care a lot about both. But at the end of the day, gun rights are sacred, right up there next to freedom of speech and the press and the right to assemble.

At the 'end of the day', if your choice results in lost lives, then what was sacrificed permanently was of little value to the chooser. Your hair-splitting regarding 'care' is ludicrous.

Responding to public opinion, states have loosened gun laws to allow citizens to carry weapons with them almost anywhere they go.

In Georgia, Arizona, Tennessee and Virginia, it's legal to carry a gun into a bar.

Guns and booze: What could go wrong?

But here's the odd thing: At the same time as Americans have become more enthusiastic about gun rights, fewer and fewer Americans actually want to own a gun themselves.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/23/opinion/frum-guns/index.html

Wasn't it "Ohio" poster that had a note under his avatar saying, "Are you looking at my pint?" :lol:

When you're in the bar watch where you look or BANG!

At the 'end of the day', if your choice results in lost lives, then what was sacrificed permanently was of little value to the chooser. Your hair-splitting regarding 'care' is ludicrous.

no... you are just coming from the perspective of not giving a shit about guns... so naturally in your mind to put guns above kids would imply that you don't care about kids. But that's just your own failure at self awareness for your position.

P.S. unless you favor banning cars, you prefer to own a car over the 40k people that die every year in the U.S. due to auto accidents. Simple cost benefit analysis. That's 13 9/11's of death each year.

i like you USC...but this is really a dumb thread

do you really expect someone who is crazy enough to commit mass murder, especially after killing his mom, then driving to the school to specifically kill his mother's students.....to care about rights?

you're trying to draw a distinction and it fails horribly. that you would politicize this tragedy at this low level speaks volumes about you.

P.S. unless you favor banning cars, you prefer to own a car over the 40k people that die every year in the U.S. due to auto accidents. Simple cost benefit analysis. That's 13 9/11's of death each year.

Are you claiming that accidental deaths are the same as murders?

Only dumb people will sacrifice their own life for a criminal or thug.

I guess you aren't a Christian or think Jesus was dumb...

There are people who put their lives on the line daily for criminals and thugs. People forget about those people, but I don't. I think about them on a daily basis. I am grateful for their service.

Are you claiming that accidental deaths are the same as murders?

the end result is the same. You've made a cost benefit analysis that it's worth 40,000 deaths each year to own a car. Most people make that choice. Society could restructure itself to not commute as far for work, live closer to stores, etc... but that's an inconvenience.. and any way you slice it, we've decided that 40k deaths in auto accidents each year is worth it. You yourself have made that decision, and you are perfectly fine with that. It could probably double, triple, or even be increased 10 fold and you would still be fine with it. You care more about your right to commute and own a car than the 40k people that die each year.

We do this everyday for all things.

For the sake of argument, let's say everyone was armed in that school.

The gunman come in and begins firing, there is STILL going to be panic and chaos...the only difference is now you've got God knows how many weekend warriors trying to get the guy and instead of one guy firing indiscriminately you've got DOZENS doing the same.

The INSTANT one child/bystander is killed by some Johnny Law wannabe with a gun and out to get the bad guy, your "more guns makes us safer" argument goes right out the window.

When that day happens, REAL gun control can begin taking place.

I remember the words of a gentle men at the Gabby Gifford shooting, and he said it was chaos and he was armed and he nearly killed an innocent person.

480729_369991773095580_1097461359_n.jpg

Back