Do you think the people involved in mass shootings are going to be pro gun control?

I guess you aren't a Christian or think Jesus was dumb...

There are people who put their lives on the line daily for criminals and thugs. People forget about those people, but I don't. I think about them on a daily basis. I am grateful for their service.
No, I think people are dumb who believe the police will always promptly be there to save them. That is dumb.

the end result is the same. You've made a cost benefit analysis that it's worth 40,000 deaths each year to own a car. Most people make that choice. Society could restructure itself to not commute as far for work, live closer to stores, etc... but that's an inconvenience.. and any way you slice it, we've decided that 40k deaths in auto accidents each year is worth it. You yourself have made that decision, and you are perfectly fine with that. It could probably double, triple, or even be increased 10 fold and you would still be fine with it. You care more about your right to commute and own a car than the 40k people that die each year.

We do this everyday for all things.

There was a short story I read, that kind of addressed this subject.
In the future; when you took a drivers test, it was in a simulation machine.
The thing is; is that they had perfected it, so that you would believe you were really driving and everything that occured was real.
The story centers around a man taking the test and during the test the simulator makes him believe he has had an accident and his daughter died, in the accident.
When he's taken from the simulator and realizes that it was all make believe, he's relieved and clams down.
They then ask him if he still wants a drivers license and when he says yes, they have him committed; because anyone who would want to drive, after experiancing such a thing, must be insane.

Bottom line: No one but the elite have drivers licenses.

No, I think people are dumb who believe the police will always promptly be there to save them. That is dumb.

Who is of that belief?

I haven't seen anyone on this forum ever express that belief. It is also foolish to believe that being armed will save yourself. I say there is still a 50/50 chance.

Who is of that belief?

I haven't seen anyone on this forum ever express that belief. It is also foolish to believe that being armed will save yourself. I say there is still a 50/50 chance.
Sure there is, but you're a hell of a lot better off being proactive enough to have a weapon -- just in case. All the self righteousness in the world won't bring your dead ass back to life, but a weapon can give you a fighting chance to live.

Sure there is, but you're a hell of a lot better off being proactive enough to have a weapon -- just in case. All the self righteousness in the world won't bring your dead ass back to life, but a weapon can give you a fighting chance to live.

Well, it is just a difference of opinion. I have never needed a gun, and it is my belief I will never need one. A person entering a home knows there is a 50/50 chance that the home owner will have a gun. This fact does not seem to deter them most of the time.

I have an alarm, if that doesn't stop them, then I have a very unfriendly dog when I tell her to be, if that doesn't dpstop them, then I have another surprise for them.

Owning a gun isn't the only answer. Our household does have guns, but they aren't to stop intruders.

Think about it, it is night, you are sleeping, you are awaken by a noise, is your gun loaded and nearby? Or are you like most households who keep them locked away or the safety of the family?

This is the quandary of being a responsible gun owner, my conservative buddy like to talk like he would respond like James Bond to an intruder, but in reality, it is often not the case.

no... you are just coming from the perspective of not giving a shit about guns... so naturally in your mind to put guns above kids would imply that you don't care about kids. But that's just your own failure at self awareness for your position.

P.S. unless you favor banning cars, you prefer to own a car over the 40k people that die every year in the U.S. due to auto accidents. Simple cost benefit analysis. That's 13 9/11's of death each year.

You continue to be wrong, primarily because you wrongly assume to know where I'm 'coming from', which gives your position and argument away as woefully shallow and simplistic. No need to discuss any further with you. Have a good one.

that's about as close to getting bijou to admit she's completely owned that i've ever seen. Bijou isn't one to walk away from arguments. I'm filing this away as a victory. sweet.

you dont have to wait till i have kids christie, talk to the millions of people with kids already that still are adamant supporters of gun rights.

Last edited:
you dont have to wait till i have kids christie, talk to the million of people with kids already that still are adamant supporters of gun rights.

They would choose their guns over their children, is that what you are saying? I know there are people who would, but I don't believe a majority would put their guns before their children.

Acts of terror like this, committed by the mentally ill, the users acting on drugs, or just plain psychopathic criminals, etc. are now in control of everyones rights....affecting everyone freedoms....and we're letting them by imposing limits on the law abiding assuming that will stop the others....

Is that good logic.....does it make sense....is that thinking reasonable ?

What freedom are you now lacking that you had before?

you dont have to wait till i have kids christie, talk to the million of people with kids already that still are adamant supporters of gun rights.

Yes, I do believe that millions of people are able to find a happy medium because it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

They would choose their guns over their children, is that what you are saying? I know there are people who would, but I don't believe a majority would put their guns before their children.

mooooving the goaaaaal possstssss

that's about as close to getting bijou to admit she's completely owned that i've ever seen. Bijou isn't one to walk away from arguments. I'm filing this away as a victory. sweet.

actually, she walks away from arguments all the time after she gets owned.

Back