Does anyone agree with the $700 bailout?

Listen dumbass... instead of chirping away with your 'SF makes things up'... how about you use the example and tell me where it is wrong. Be specific. Make sure to highlight the costs that I am supposedly ignoring.

otherwise, do shut your ass.
Nobody knows where the bottom of the market is. You're just making shit up.

No dumb@$$, it is showing how far they can reduce the mortgage for the individual to get them back to their original payment. The Fed could refi that same deal for the $150k they paid for it. But that would drop the individuals mortgage to below what they were orginially paying and I don't believe we should do that. Especially given that the real estate valuations should rise as the economy improves.

That is how much flexibility the Fed has.

I hate that plan.

Unless everyone is getting money back on homes with mortgages, that's just fundamentally wrong.

Who's administering this? And how much is it going to cost in admin $?

So then the taxpayers definitely will not make money, if they do that. You cannot have your cake and eat it too, you lying fascist piece of $hit

First of all I hate to do this, but I'm going ot have to defend SF on this one. No, he doesn't know exactly what's going to happen, but his deductions are just as reasonable as anything else I haven't heard on this plan.
No one really knows the specifics.

As for the plan proposed, if that's what's going to happen: we're going to subsidize stupid people who bought way too much, I'm going to fight it.

There is no talk of government backed mortgage renegotiations, no serious talk anyway.

Wall street will get their money back, and the housing market will STILL crash, and then wallstreet boys will come in AGAIN and finance NEW loans on new buyers for the same homes.

First of all I hate to do this, but I'm going ot have to defend SF on this one. No, he doesn't know exactly what's going to happen, but his deductions are just as reasonable as anything else I haven't heard on this plan.

As for the plan proposed, if that's what's going to happen: we're going to subsidize stupid people who bought way too much, I'm going to fight it.

Right he doesn't. But he still throws out desperate numbers to make his case. And that's dishonest. And liars are pieces of shit in my book.

Hmmm...

Last edited:
You are going to destroy our economy because you're vindictive?
Your exxagerating just makes me have less confidence in your reasoning, a recession though bad, does not destroy an economy. Try living through one.

So far your strongest argument in this Water is to trust the experts, I noticed you have a strong tendency to do that. Experts are often right about a lot, but blind trust? People should be asking questions and they need time to do it.

Fun thing I got:

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.

So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.

That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.

A husband and wife team has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college - it'll be there

Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car - create jobs

Invest in the market - capital drives growth

Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And, of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ("vote buy") economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U.S. Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.

Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General.

Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion

We Deserve It Dividend more than do the geniuses at A IG or in Washington DC.

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Kindest personal regards,

Birk

T. J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic

PS: Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it's either good for a laugh or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion!!

Your exxagerating just makes me have less confidence in your reasoning, a recession though bad, does not destroy an economy. Try living through one.

So far your strongest argument in this Water is to trust the experts, I noticed you have a strong tendency to do that. Experts are often right about a lot, but blind trust? People should be asking questions and they need time to do it.

Volker, Greenspan, and Bernanke aren't idiots. I do hold a lot of trust in them. I think their arguments are good and I'm glad that they see that the do-nothing approach isn't a good one.

Fun thing I got:

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And, of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ("vote buy") economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U.S. Citizen 18+!

Sell off its parts.

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Birk

PS: Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it's either good for a laugh or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion!!

This sounds a lot better than what we are getting to me.

Fun thing I got:

Sell off its parts.

Birk

QFT

Volker, Greenspan, and Bernanke aren't idiots. I do hold a lot of trust in them. I think their arguments are good and I'm glad that they see that the do-nothing approach isn't a good one.
They're not idiots. But they are fascists. Slippery little fuckers.

I hate that plan.

Unless everyone is getting money back on homes with mortgages, that's just fundamentally wrong.

Who's administering this? And how much is it going to cost in admin $?

So do I. But if they are going to assume the debt, they need to ensure that the taxpayers are protected first and foremost. If re-financing the debt is the way to reduce defaults on the debt the taxpayers would then own, then I'll be pissed, but I'll accept it.

Can't answer your other questions until we see the actual deal.

So do I. But if they are going to assume the debt, they need to ensure that the taxpayers are protected first and foremost. If re-financing the debt is the way to reduce defaults on the debt the taxpayers would then own, then I'll be pissed, but I'll accept it.

Can't answer your other questions until we see the actual deal.

Well, I'm never getting on board with this. I have a feeling we're going to the be losers.

(unless someone slashes my mortgage by $100k)

I didn't previously realize what a detestable liar Superfreak is.

LMAO.... so you and Obfuscate are going to continue to pretend I am "lying"... without anything to back up your assertations? The numbers work as I stated. That does NOT mean the government plan will be exactly as I indicated. I was simply trying to show the 'REO' salesman how assets priced low can be turned profitable. But you two morons are incapable of comprehending it. I knew there was a reason I had you on IA. Back you go. you are a waste of time.

That would show there is money in the private markets, however he invested when the bailout was imminent. So he gets to cash in on the taxpayer also. It's smart to invest in wall street when the Government will bail them out.

LMAO... so its "smart" when Warren Buffett does it... but if the government does indeed get equity in Wall Street as a result of this plan... that is not????

Idiot. No wonder you kept ducking that question. You knew you couldn't justify your position. Moron.

Back