Does anyone agree with the $700 bailout?

I'm a bit concerned about those first two bolded sentences.

My goodness.

But that is not what you told me when we discussed health care?

They only print money for the goals of fascism and war. No other investements are "worth it" for these fascist pukes.

Print as much money as they want....Yeah and we will be buying $155+ oil too becuase of the devalued dollar.

Who said? These deals are not inked yet. If you believe companies will sell healthy assets at a loss, you're fucked in the head.

The bailouts will be for the entire ball of wax. Not just those assets they choose to sell. At least where Fannie & Freddie are concerned.

I don't like the bailouts at all. But I think they are going to happen whether I like it or not. I have sent 4 emails to my reps. But whether we listened to is what counts. And the answer is no.

This whole situations KILLS forever the idea of the Market will take care of its self.

Sound regulations have to be applied to the market to keep this from being an ever repeting cycle.

Just like any street Wall street has to have laws and cops.

There will always be regulations necessary. However, this is as much a mess caused by government intervention as it is by borrower and lender greed.

It was the POLITICIANS that REMOVED the regulations. It was the POLITICIANS that forced banks into providing the sub prime loans to begin with. NOW the POLITICIANS are pretending they are not to blame.

I'm a bit concerned about those first two bolded sentences.

My goodness.

But that is not what you told me when we discussed health care?

No, I never said they were broke. I said they cannot afford to take on more debt.

This debt for equity swap will be a money MAKER.... not TAKER. There is a difference.

You want to provide healthcare... then ADDRESS THE PROBLEM of rising costs. Make it a net winner.... and I am on board.

I have no problem with government run programs... I have a problem with government run programs that continually increase our nations debt.

No, most likely the Fed would turn around and sell the equity positions pretty quickly.

Once the banks/brokerages balance sheets are clean, their stock prices should move up pretty quickly over the next several months. My guess is that they would sell their positions at that point. Because you are correct, we do not want the government owning these positions long term.
Maybe I am coming around then. But do you think the Dems though (once in complete power) would sell or be in it for the long term? The temptation for them to keep their involvement once they have it is certainly there and Obama's been pretty quiet on all this.

There will always be regulations necessary. However, this is as much a mess caused by government intervention as it is by borrower and lender greed.

It was the POLITICIANS that REMOVED the regulations. It was the POLITICIANS that forced banks into providing the sub prime loans to begin with. NOW the POLITICIANS are pretending they are not to blame.

and of course no banks and such lobbied for those things ? Yeah right.
Heck the bills were likely written by goldman Sachs or somesuch.

No, I never said they were broke. I said they cannot afford to take on more debt.

This debt for equity swap will be a money MAKER.... not TAKER. There is a difference.

You want to provide healthcare... then ADDRESS THE PROBLEM of rising costs. Make it a net winner.... and I am on board.

I have no problem with government run programs... I have a problem with government run programs that continually increase our nations debt.

But you said that the government can "print as much money as they want to"

you guys should read more about this.

Some of us have, some of us work directly in these markets, some of us understand this is a free lunch plan doomed to fail. Easy credit is a major reason were in this mess, making it easier to get it is not the answer.

But the equities are bad loans. How do they become more valuable? You have yet to address this.

BULLSHIT!!!!!

this was caused by degregulation and every sane person knows it.

Maybe I am coming around then. But do you think the Dems though (once in complete power) would sell or be in it for the long term? The temptation for them to keep their involvement once they have it is certainly there and Obama's been pretty quiet on all this.

I doubt the public would allow for them to maintain equity ownership for long.

Obama is quiet on this because he doesn't understand what the hell is going on or how to fix it. Unlike McCain, he is smart enough to keep quiet to prevent the country from finding this out.

Better to keep quiet and be called a fool than to open your mouth and prove your critics correct.

I love you man but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

that is just crazy talk
No, it isn't. When the banks and investment companies know that the government will swoop in every time they fill their coffers with Phail they are more likely to do so, because there is no longer risk in such a proposition.

But the equities are bad loans. How do they become more valuable? You have yet to address this.

You have been topld repetedly.

80% of the loans are good and will remain good if we stop the tighting of the money markets by putting the full faith of the US behind them.

We make this dog stop fucking the little guy and rewrite the loans to keep as many in their houses as we can. We free up the money market to grease the wheels so they keep moving instead of fsitting back like assholes and watch the whole damned thing grind to a holt.

But you said that the government can "print as much money as they want to"

True... which is why they cannot go "broke". But if you raise our nations debt continuously then eventually it will be dropped as the reserve currency. So for short term needs, we can print as much as we want. But we cannot do so endlessly. Which is why we need to see a return on cash flow.... either through deals like this or through increased revenues that will lead to no further increases in our national debt.

Any future projects MUST be at worst neutral to debt.

I doubt the public would allow for them to maintain equity ownership for long.
The public in 1990's America, I would agree with you. The public today? Not so confident.

Obama is quiet on this because he doesn't understand what the hell is going on or how to fix it. Unlike McCain, he is smart enough to keep quiet to prevent the country from finding this out.

Better to keep quiet and be called a fool than to open your mouth and prove your critics correct.
I suppose but even though it's a Dem congress, most people still see it as a Repub government because of Bush being prez, so McCain automatically got the blame and Obama got a big bounce. I think McCain figured he had to at least try to get involved.

Back