Does God Have Human Emotions?

God=Love | Given: 1 John 4:16 (among others)
Love =/= Jealous| Given: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
God = Jealous| Given: Exodus 20:5, Exodus 34:14, Joshua 24:19-20, Deuteronomy 4:24, 2 Corinthians 11:2 (among others).

All three of these things cannot be true.... The transitive properties tell us that if God is Love he cannot also be Jealous, but according to the very Bible that tells us that this God is Love and that Love is not Jealous, God is Jealous.... Logic is not a property of religion, but this is a glaring inconsistency.
Obviously, you’re referring to two different gods, even though many don’t wish to acknowledge it. The OT god, which was more or less the end, but not quite, of the polytheist pantheon of gods was jealous, angry, vengeful, as well. Full of nasty ass punishments.

Then, the redefinition. So, who redefined that god? God himself or our rendition of him?

Still, the reality of unnecessary suffering among his creatures remains a real problem for those who wish for that omni-everything god.

Obviously, you’re referring to two different gods, even though many don’t wish to acknowledge it. The OT god, which was more or less the end, but not quite, of the polytheist pantheon of gods was jealous, angry, vengeful, as well. Full of nasty ass punishments.

Then, the redefinition. So, who redefined that god? God himself or our rendition of him?

Still, the reality of unnecessary suffering among his creatures remains a real problem for those who wish for that omni-everything god.
All powerful and totally impotent to prevent suffering. Makes no sense.

Actually I referenced new testament verses for all of them, as well as the Exodus reference.

All powerful and totally impotent to prevent suffering. Makes no sense.
I don't think we would be authentic human beings without the virtues of self-sacrifice, charity, mercy, empathy -- which are responses to adversity and grief.

Please explain what humans would look like in a perfect, ideal world that has no suffering, adversity, or obstacles to overcome.

I don't think we would be authentic human beings without the virtues of self-sacrifice, charity, mercy, empathy -- which are responses to adversity and grief.

Please explain what humans would look like in a perfect, ideal world that has no suffering, adversity, or obstacles to overcome.
Needless suffering is the issue, not merely suffering. Of completely innocent creatures.
Adversity and obstacles are different issues.

Needless suffering is the issue, not merely suffering. Of completely innocent creatures.
I don't think earthquakes or floods are evil. They are part of a natural and neccessary cycle of nature

All the first humans and nomadic people almost never died from earthquakes or floods , because they didn't choose to build congested cities, or lived permanently on flood plains.

A lot of diseases we have, cancer, heart disease, pandemics are results of human lifestyle choices, industrial toxins, or the relationships we have developed with nature.

Humans have free will. Hitler didn't act alone. Millions of people chose to support Hitler or turn a blind eye. A supreme diety could strip us of our free will, and force use to live a certain way. But I don't think a lot of people want their free will stripped from them.

Assuming divine Providence gave us a type of rationality and free will other animals do not possess (I'm not saying the assumption is true) a lot of catastrophic natural disasters, diseases, crimes against humanity are a result of our choices to manipulate nature and choices to inflict harm on others.

I don't think it's necessarily the best argument to blame divine Providence for our choices or for the way we exercised free will, unless are prepared to ask that our free will be stripped away from us, and we be forced to act a certain way.

Why not have a less powerful but caring god who cannot prevent suffering? They have a bad theology.
It's always been a good question that's led to centuries of profitable debate. I don't think there's ever going to be a definitive answer.

Voltaire blamed God for the suffering caused by the Lisbon earthquake.

Rousseau's response to Voltaire was that maybe God did not intend for us to manipulate nature and build congested and fragile cities; the first humans hardly ever died from earthquakes.

It is quite understandable that some Jews abandoned God after the Holocaust. But then, Solzhenitsyn thanked the Gulag for forcing him to change his perspective on the meaning and purpose of life.

Christian fundamentalists think god is perfect and--truly are scared of god.

You completely ignored the content of my comment.

Assuming divine Providence gave us a type of rationality and free will other animals do not possess (I'm not saying the assumption is true) a lot of catastrophic natural disasters, diseases, crimes against humanity are a result of our choices to manipulate nature and choices to inflict harm on others.

I don't think it's necessarily the best argument to blame divine Providence for our choices or for the way we exercised free will, unless are prepared to ask that our free will be stripped away from us, and we be forced to act a certain way.
The assumption is weak, at best. I don’t buy the free will argument at all.

But I’m not merely referring to crimes against humanity. I’m referring to all innocent, sentient creatures. And I’m not referring to natural catastrophes either

Like original sin. Blame humans for what god did.
This source I was listening to posed “What WAS the original sin?” Merely following human curiosity and disobeying a simple “don’t do this”? And for that, humankind is tainted by that forever? What the fuck kind of childish notion is that?

Eating from the fruit gave man a sense of conscience, opened his eyes to the reality of the world, gave him judgement between right and wrong. Made him more godlike. (“Like one of us”, said the Lord).

What in the heck is wrong with those notions?

This source I was listening to posed “What WAS the original sin?” Merely following human curiosity and disobeying a simple “don’t do this”? And for that, humankind is tainted by that forever? What the fuck kind of childish notion is that?

Eating from the fruit gave man a sense of conscience, opened his eyes to the reality of the world, gave him judgement between right and wrong. Made him more godlike. (“Like one of us”, said the Lord).

What in the heck is wrong with those notions?
As Hannah Arendt said, monotheism is totalitarian. Obey and stop asking questions.

The assumption is weak, at best. I don’t buy the free will argument at all.

But I’m not merely referring to crimes against humanity. I’m referring to all innocent, sentient creatures. And I’m not referring to natural catastrophes either
You're right, if you don't believe in free will, then humans can't be ever held accountable for decisions, choices , crimes, cruelty.

I'm not sure what kind of suffering of innocent animal lives you are talking about. I blame humans, not God, for cruelty to domesticated and farm animals. Human harm to the environment I see as a consequence of deliberate human choice.

You're right, if you don't believe in free will, then humans can't be ever held accountable for decisions, choices , crimes, cruelty.

I'm not sure what kind of suffering of innocent animal lives you are talking about. I blame humans, not God, for cruelty to domesticated and farm animals. Human harm to the environment I see as a consequence of deliberate human choice.

I don’t buy the free will argument by Christians as a weak explanation and excuse for needless suffering. Humans are and should be held accountable, not by any deity. By the codes of conduct in their own societies.

Back