Dow down 400 in just 30 minutes

This by and large caused by the sub prime problem and everyone pretty much acrossed the board agrees on that.

This could have been stunted if they people in control at the time acted in a swift manner to deal with some of the causes. They did not and even called anyone who warned of the negative impacts to come insulting names.THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED FOLKS! Now yes the market has cycles and yes a downturn is enevitable but the brunt of this problem was in a area that could have had the spear head broken off of it before it hit the patient. The people in control never raised their shield against the arrow. They were too busy trying to get reelected in a time when the sub prime was the only thing fueling the economy.

If understanding that makes me a partisan hack then so be it.

Since you have such a "good" grasp on this situation desh.... please explain to us....

1) Why did the 1999 bill (signed by Clinton) receive BI PARTISAN support in overwhelming numbers?

2) If the Dems knew this was such a problem... WHY did they not introduce a bill at the start of 2007 to reverse the 1999 bill? It would not have changed the loans outstanding, but it would correct the problem for the future.

3) WHY did the Dems not make this the second major issue behind Iraq during the election years of 2002, 2004 or 2006?

4) Why did they not go to state legislatures that the Dems controlled and have them enact STATE regulations to curb this practice?

Since you have such a "good" grasp on this situation desh.... please explain to us....

1) Why did the 1999 bill (signed by Clinton) receive BI PARTISAN support in overwhelming numbers?

2) If the Dems knew this was such a problem... WHY did they not introduce a bill at the start of 2007 to reverse the 1999 bill? It would not have changed the loans outstanding, but it would correct the problem for the future.

3) WHY did the Dems not make this the second major issue behind Iraq during the election years of 2002, 2004 or 2006?

4) Why did they not go to state legislatures that the Dems controlled and have them enact STATE regulations to curb this practice?
I'll answer.

The Dems were too busy sporting the idea that "More <insert group here> own homes than ever before!"

I'm not a partisan hack when it comes to economics usged.
Like socretese said this is a blip. Greenspan lowered too much then tightened wayyyy to much (raised rates 13 times). Ben will lower as evidenced today till the ship gets back on course.
Whats an educated investor to do. LOL
Buy things that take off when inflation does.
CLASS DISSMISSED

I'm not a partisan hack when it comes to economics usged.
Like socretese said this is a blip. Greenspan lowered too much then tightened wayyyy to much (raised rates 13 times). Ben will lower as evidenced today till the ship gets back on course.
Whats an educated investor to do. LOL
Buy things that take off when inflation does.
CLASS DISSMISSED

LOL less than 6 months ago your said the economy was great and almost no chance of a recession.

go polish your bowling ball. You really should stop using the thumb hole for sexaul purposes though.

YOUR A MORON
WAIT FOR GDP TO COME OUT
I've said since summer maybe 30%, now maybe it's 50%.
What you would have learned if you could have gotten into college is recessions come on average about every seven years. It's called the business cycle. Morons like you and desh call it the end of the world because you think this time is different. LOL
Yes call it constantly for 28 quarters and eventually you'll be right one of them. I'll be off making money the other 27 your crying about.

LOL less than 6 months ago your said the economy was great and almost no chance of a recession.

go polish your bowling ball. You really should stop using the thumb hole for sexaul purposes though.

He said last week we weren't heading for recession, but we doomers should keep talking so he can get his $500 check..lol

I also said you should have gone to school even if community college is all you could have gotten into. THen maybe you could have done more thand votech

Back